🐈
» Forums » Support » Mpesa payment delayed
Page options
b6785031
Community Member

Mpesa payment delayed

Hello Upwork,

Yesterday I received an email stating that my weekly payment had been processed and that funds was transferred to my Mpesa account, its been more than 33 hours and I haven't received any money. Mpesa said that the issue is on your side that they can only follow up if Upwork was given a transaction reference number by them. Kindly assist.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Hiram and Kunule,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your M-Pesa withdrawal. Usually, your payment is transferred immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, please contact M-Pesa.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

450 REPLIES 450

Hi Philemon,

Please allow for one business day for your funds to be transferred to your account. If you haven't received your funds after one business day, let us know here and we will assist you further. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you

For me, it has almost been two weeks since I requested my payment to Mpesa. It is so frustrating especially with the way things are and there are bills to pay. I get the same reply every other day. The payment processor is on the case! My question is, till when? When perhaps I get penalized for not paying my bills on time? Please assist...

Hi Gladys,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the withdrawal.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, it has been 4 days since i withdrew money via Mpesa. I have not yet recieved my funds. Please help.

Hi Purity,

I followed up with the team handling your case and one of our agents already updated your support ticket.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, I have the same issue and its been 48 hours since I withdrew the money.

I withdrew money 48 hours ago from Upwork and still I have not received it. I have contacted mpesa and they have said no money was deposited from Upwork. Kindly help.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your message.

I see that your fund withdrawal is successfully processed on your account. This transfer is handled by a third party and typically processed within one business day. These transactions are not processed on weekends or banking holidays due to the limited operations hours of our partners. If this is not credited within two business days, please contact us and we’ll be happy to initiate tracing for your funds. 

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep thank you for your response. But I have withdrawn money on weekends before and there were no problems. Mpesa is a mobile money transfer system that works all through weekends and holidays. Kindly follow up on the issue and ensure that the money is deposited. Thanks. 

Hi Jack,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep thank you very much,,,I received the funds finally.
e7d3447a
Community Member

Hi I withdrew my money on november 13 and I'm yet to receive the cash. It's Monday I called mpesa and they said there was no deposit of funds. Please trace my cash

Hi Joy,

I followed up with the team handling your case and one of our agents already updated your support ticket.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi. I withdrew cash yesterrday. Got the Upwork notification but still no cash in my Mpesa account. Kindly help.

Hello Virginia,

Thanks for reaching out. The transfer of money from your Upwork account to M-Pesa is handled by a third party and you’ll typically receive your payment within one business day. However, due to our partner’s hours of operation, M-Pesa transactions are not processed on weekends or banking holidays. If more than two business days have passed and you still have not received your payment, please contact us and we’ll be happy to look into the matter.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Thank you for your response. I'll let you know if I don't get it in two days.

Hey. The cash has reflected. Just though I should let you know. Thanks.

Hi,

I withdrew from Upwork to MPESA today and even received email from Upwork confirmed the payment as processed yet I haven't received the payment.

This is unusual because at all times I get the payment immediately after receiving Upwork email confirming processed payment.

Kindly assist. Thanks.

Hi Adrian,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the funds to be loaded on your account. If you haven't received them after 24 hours, feel free to follow up here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, it's been 5 days since I withdrew some money from Upwork but yet didn't receive! Any help please.

Hi Abdirashid,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much. I received the money instantly after contacting you. 

I appreciate the timely and handy support you accorded me. 

Regards. 

Hi Gladys,

I am sorry to hear about this. Please know that in most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or the next business days on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, let us know so that we can assist you further. You can find more information in this help article.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

It's already past 24hours since I withdrew the funds, and still nothing. Thanks

Same here, friday 5:am until now. 2 days now no cash.

Hi Omido,

Sorry to hear you're also experiencing delays in receiving your funds. I can also see you already have a support ticket created and the team should be reaching back to you as soon as they have any updates. Please, consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

It would be mindful if  Upwork notified freelancers using the MPESA payment method of an impending system failure or delays as this would allow us to plan ahead accordingly. If you have changed your payment processor, communicate the same to freelancers so that we can get to the bottom of the matter when such issues occur. This would avert the pain and agony of waiting for your funds.

At the moment, we are in an endless back and worth with the support team but nothing is forthcoming. I'll soon be making a withdrawal and I'm having my reservations about using MPESA again. Upwork, I think you can do better than this.

I agree with Winnie. I guess in the real world no system is perfect and occassionally there may be a delay here and there...but as Winnie says, if there would be a way of letting us know when there are impending delays, it would enable us plan better. For instance, I had promised to send money to someone and now am made to look like I was lying! The problem is not just on this occassion but also on the future: will Upwork to MPESA withdrawals be reliable anymore?

Hi Luiggi,

You say 24 hours and 1 business day, well it's been 72 hours already. I withdrew on Friday, until now, nothing has come through. 

Your customer support team might have the tickets but if they are just lying idle without anyone addressing them then this really doesn't help us. 

One email acknowledging that there's an issue and stating your action plan should have been one better step towards solving this. 

I am not pleased by how you're handling this. 

Hi Zipporah,

I apologize for the delay in receiving the update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case. You expect to receive the update on your existing ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello upwork community. I initiated a withdrawal on 14th via mpesa. I receieved and email that my payment has been processed but upto now I haven't received cash on my Mpesa account. Kindly advise.

Hi Beatrice,

Please be patient for another 24 hours for the funds to be loaded on your account. If you still haven't received them, let me know here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran, It is already passed 24hours. I haven't yet received my payment to my Mpesa account. Please get in touch for further assistance. Thank you!

Hi Beatrice Munanie,

I checked your account, and it looks like one of our agents has updated you already on this ticket number: 30201303. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, Kindly advise, I have contacted MPESA and the response is that there is no delay on their end, It has been such a long day, please can i get some communication at least on where the funds are stuck, I raised a ticket 5hours ago and never received a response, my number for transactions ends with 4013 but the confirmation email says my number ends with 0, please if there's someone seeing this email, I will appreciate your assistance because im so confused and stressed right now, thank you.

The same thing has happened to me, it's now three days since I initiated the withdrawal of funds from upwork to m-pesa, I have not received anything and I am also wondering what is going on, I have been on upwork for more than four years now but I have never experienced such a delay.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Emmanuel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you.

mmuthii
Community Member

Its now the fifth day and I am yet to receive money in my M-pesa. I have never felt so wronged. I really wish there was a formal communication on what is the problem and a formal apology as well. I am a fair person but sometimes one's patience can only run so thin. It would be better if this money was reversed and so that we can withdraw from other platforms instead of waiting aimlessly.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths