🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Payment method are inactive
Page options
2e750978
Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

861 REPLIES 861
1ae1ad1a
Community Member

Thank you very much for your help I am grateful

7f2ea2cd
Community Member

My withdraw method is via Paypal but it shows inactive. I have filled up the tax infromation. Please Guide me.

It takes 3 days for a PayPal payment method to become active on Upwork.

This is a security measure to protect both Upwork and its users from fraud. During this time, Upwork will verify the PayPal account and make sure that it is associated with the Upwork account holder.

Once the three-day waiting period has passed, the PayPal payment method will be active and you will be able to withdraw your earnings to it.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Reshma,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket for the team to closely review your account. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b81dd3d6
Community Member

Hi, this is Sohaib.

I updated my bank details on my Profile, which was more than a Week ago. And It's still inactive. I'd already issued a ticket in regard to this 4 Days ago and got a reply from an agent on that very day stating someone will get connect to me within 48 hrs. But never heard again from anyone after that. I'd made emails and comments to this Request but never got a reply after that. As I stated there, I am in a situation and I really to make the payment out ASAP. Can anyone help in this regard? 
Getting Paid 
Thank you so much.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Soahib,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I've checked your account, and it looks like you've been coordinating with the team about your concern, and a support ticket was raised. I've submitted a follow-up to our support team for further review. Kindly expect an update on your ticket here momentarily.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e1eac847
Community Member

I added it about 3 days ago, and I also filled in the tax information until it says "completed". And I'm not a tax payer because I'm still a student, I'm from Indonesia which is non U.S. But until now my payment method is still inactive. I need help, please.

Hi Dhea Rizqi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you still haven't filled in the W-8BEN form found in the Tax Information section of your settings. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Without completing this form, you will not be able to withdraw your funds.

~ AJ
Upwork
44de8e1c
Community Member

Hi,

To be able to receive a salary you need to fill in some documents like the tax declaration.

I do not understand why they keep on saying that my status is disapproved, is there is somebody who can help me...

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Marianne,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. I can see that further verification needs to be performed by our team to validate your Tax Information. One of our agents will contact you on this page to assist once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9952d7fa
Community Member

I uploaded my payment method to my local bank details about 2 weeks ago but it wasn't activated. I then deleted that method and reentered it some 5 days ago but it is still inactive. What do I do?

• I have correctly submitted all the tax info and it says COMPLETED there
  • I have re-checked again and again and all the bank details are true.

Can you tell me what to do and how long it will take?

Hi there Aniq J,

You can contact Upwork Support. 

Thank you!

Hi Aniq,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

I uploaded my payment method to my local bank details about 2 weeks ago but it wasn't activated. I deleted that method and reentered it 7 days ago but it is still inactive. What do I do?

• I have correctly submitted all the tax info and it says COMPLETED there
  • I have re-checked repeatedly, and all the bank details are true.

Hi Aniq,

I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I can see that the team already responded to your ticket and your payment method is now active. Please refer to your ticket for more information and don't hesitate to follow up if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7d17b018
Community Member

Hi there, I am Osama a freelancer from Yemen. I have just completed my frist contract, but when I tried to withdraw the money, you have asked for TIN numder (Tax information ). But in Yemen we dont have such thing, plus there is no tax on online freelancers. So please coan you help me withdraw my money

Hi Osama,

Important Topic and serious issue. If i am not wrong every country have a own TAX system for their citizen , you have to contact TAX office. they give you TAX identification Number. That paper you should upload. then problem slove. 
otherwise you need to talk with Upwork Support.

Have a good Day. Happy Freelancing.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Osama,

I see that you have completely filled up your Tax Information. Your payment method will be active in three security days. You should be able to withdraw your earnings upon activation. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Osama, did you find a solution? 

23ali
Community Member

I added my payment method a i guess 2 weeks ago but my payment method is still inactive. I had an issue with bank's swift code. So i entered the bank details manually and they were correct. But still no response from upwork. What should i do?

Hi Ali,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
23ali
Community Member

23ali_0-1700160896361.png

see the payment method is inactive despite everything is correct

adf43227
Community Member

Hello Sir. 

I"ve added my local bank details to my Upwork payment method since three days ago and after added it shows will be active after 3 days.  Today is the fourth day, but now it was showing status inactive. Can you please help ?

I"ve added all tax information. But still.

Hi Hanzla,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
adf43227
Community Member

Hello sir. There is no response on ticket room i means the room of conversation.

Hi Hanzla,

I understand how important this is for you. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
9e0e6848
Community Member

Same here. My financial account got suspended and I've got some funds for a job yet to be done in there. The client is asking for a refund and just for me to log in after few days of the account getting suspended I couldn't.my account was closed and  It asked me to contact support if I'll like to reopen it. I did contact the support and the bot have been unhelpful 

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you still haven't filled in the W-8BEN form found in the Tax Information section of your settings. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Without completing this form, you will not be able to withdraw your funds.

~ AJ
Upwork
grewal_h
Community Member

Hi

I am having an agency account from last 4 years. I am using the same bank account since then and never had any problem with the withdrawals.

I just checked the my bank account information is inactive and I am not able to withdraw my earnings to my bank account. When I tried to update the account it says you already have that account setup. 

Can you please help ASAP as i am not able to withdraw my earnings and its effecting my working alot.

Regards

Harman

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Harmandeep Singh,

I took a closer look at your agency's financial account and confirmed that you've made all necessary changes, then successfully withdrew funds. Looks like you're all set! Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
mohamedimbabi
Community Member

Hello,

I am adding a withdrawal method, but I get this note to wait 3 days.

I do not know why?

What should I do?

Thanks,

Hi Mohamed,

For security reasons, your newly added payment method must undergo a three-day security period. Your new payment method will be active and ready for use afterward.

~ Arjay
Upwork
23ali
Community Member

I have added my payment method 5 days ago, still its inactive, also I have filled relevant Tax forms and other information.

this is my second post,

No response from upwork.

its too much frustrating.

Hi Ali,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've informed the team of your concern and your payment method should now be active. They've also followed up with you via your support ticket with them.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
772ba8ad
Community Member

I am a student freelancer, so I'm unable to fill out the tax information since I don't have a tax ID. What should I do?

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Lim,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance in completing your Tax Information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6280c79b
Community Member

Greetings! This is Ayesha, and I hope you all are doing great. Since it is my begining of the journey as a freelancer, I'm still learning and don't know usual formalities much. So, it came across my understanding while setting up the "get paid" option that I needed to have my "verified name" same as my bank account name. Since my name is pretty big (Ayesha Afrin Amina Anika), I've always introduced myself with my first two names, instead of four; and I did the same thing while setting up my account in upwork. Even though I tried changing my name into my full fledged one, but it appears that the "verified name" won't change along side my profile name. 

Is there someone who can assist me with this partcular problem? Thank you!

I'm glad you found the suggestions helpful. Remember, persistence and clear communication are key when dealing with support teams. If you continue to experience difficulties, don't hesitate to escalate the issue or seek additional assistance through Upwork's channels. I hope your situation gets resolved promptly, and you can smoothly proceed with your freelancing activities. If you have any more questions or need further advice, feel free to ask.

ArjayM
Community Member

Ayesha Afrin,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry for now being able to get back to you sooner on this query. However, I can confirm that name on your account has been verified. You can now proceed to complete the W-8BEN form found in the Tax Information section of your settings to activate your payment method. 

The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Without completing this form, you will not be able to withdraw your funds. Let us know if you need further assistance; we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c5d9fb77
Community Member

Completed Taxpayer Adress,Identification and Tax Number
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths