🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment Method Inactive !
Page options
2e750978
Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

820 REPLIES 820

Hi Ayomide,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and your withdrawal methods are currently inactive. It looks like you need to provide your tax information to be able to withdraw earnings. You can find more information on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork
bedec5e0
Community Member

Hello !  I added payment method to local bank on April 1st. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

Hi Abdulrahman,

I've shared your financial account concerns with the appropriate team and raised a support ticket to give this the attention it deserves. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members on this page once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
843b5c71
Community Member

Hey so I recently added a payment method in Upwork. It was Direct to Local Bank. I waited for 3 days for it to become active.

It turns out that after 3 days of "security period", my payment method appears Inactive. I am sharing a screenshot, kindly help me resolve this issue.

Thanks!

843b5c71_1-1712341089680.png

Hi Muhammad,

I see a support ticket has been raised about your payment method concerns. Please allow our team time, and you will get an update on your ticket here once your account has been thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
636b9252
Community Member

ArjayM, I am facing the same issue, my payment method is inactive, and it has been more than 10 days. Please go through my problem as well. I have already generated the ticket but there is no response from anyone.

Hi Salman,

I'm sorry to hear about how this has inconvenienced you. The relevant team has reviewed your issue with your payment method, and we can confirm that it should now be working. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
882b573a
Community Member

Why are my withdrawal methods inactive??

Hi Elvira,

I looked closely at your account, and you still need to complete your Tax Information to activate your payment method. Non-U.S. users will need to complete the W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E tax forms.

To proceed, you’ll need to complete three cards in the Tax Information section of your settings. You may visit this help article for more information and detailed instructions. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
636b9252
Community Member

Hello! It's been more than 7 days since I added the payment method to a local bank. But it's still inactive. There was no response or verification email from Upwork. Can you please tell me how long it will take to activate?

Hi Salman,

I see that you've reached out to our support team and raised a ticket about your payment method concerns. Please allow our team time and you will get an update on this page once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bedec5e0
Community Member

It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.

Hi Abdulrahman,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9b1385b7
Community Member

I want to get my account verified and I am not getting any option to get my account verified.

Also I attached my local bank account with upwork and I am seeing a message that I need to wait for 3 days then add a new method. Can someone help me on these questions?

Hi Moeez,

I can also confirm that you've successfully added your local bank as a payment method to your account. Please be aware that this process is by design because we take the security of your account very seriously. For security reasons, your new payment method will become active and ready for use in three calendar days.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d66f43c7
Community Member

It's been 3 weeks my payment method is appearing as inactive. I have completed all the tax information and the name also matches with the account but still the payment method is showing up as inactive. I also opened a ticket for this issue but it's been 5 days nobody has responded.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. Your account isn’t restricted anymore, so you can get back to using Upwork as normal. If you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help!

- Pradeep

Upwork
f884b334
Community Member

I'm facing the same problem, more than 3 days and my payment method still inactive, my tax information is already done.

Hi Omar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
f884b334
Community Member

I'm wondering what's the purpose of the support ticket if no one is gonna respond, still facing the problem.

Hi Omar,

We've submitted a follow-up to the team that's handling your case. Please allow them time to review and update you directly on the same ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths