🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment not received to my Local Bank
Page options
zayim-1
Community Member

Payment not received to my Local Bank

Hi, I hope you are fine. Yesterday I made a transaction to my local bank account and till now I didn't receive the payment to my local bank account. This is the first time I face this type of issue otherwise on my previous payments I get the payments after a few minutes of transactions made from Upwork. 

I call to my bank as well and ask them about that and they said, they don't receive any payment against this reference ID yet.

Can you help me to trace my payment or what is the issue actually?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

928 REPLIES 928

Hi Annisa,

I'm sorry to hear you still haven't received your funds. If after eight business they're still missing, please reach out to us again and we'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
karen_bernadette
Community Member

Hello, I'm new in UpWork as a freelancer with an hourly rate and I just hit the get paid now yesterday; November 27, how long shall I wait for the requested payment to be transferred to my local bank? Will I get an e-mail once the payment has successfully transferred? How can I create a report if I didn't receive my payment from the expected time of transfer. Thank you!

Karen Bernadette R wrote:

Hello, I'm new in UpWork as a freelancer with an hourly rate and I just hit the get paid now yesterday; November 27, how long shall I wait for the requested payment to be transferred to my local bank? 

2 to 5 **business days** - which excludes weekends and holidays. You are on business day 0

Will I get an e-mail once the payment has successfully transferred? 

No

How can I create a report if I didn't receive my payment from the expected time of transfer. Thank you!

In the VERY(!) unlikely case that you haven't received your funds after 8 business days (excluding weekends and holidays), you can ask Support to initiate a trace. I've never had to do that in 10+ years.

Thank you. 

NikolaS

Hi Karen,

I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to is still in process on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. I

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
7fae89bd
Community Member

As a Top Rated freelancer, my weekly pay are available every Friday. Last Friday 11/26/21, I withdrawn my weekly payout amounting to $1,228.51 under Upwork Ref ID 431761475 to my local bank account that I have already used before. It normally arrives within an hour and in case there are some delay, it arrives within a day. It has been 3 days now and the balance has not yet been reflected on my account. I have already contacted support yesterday and got no response. Anyone else who had the same problem from last week's payout? I have a lot of pending works with my clients and I am hesitant to do any until this matter is resolve. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Hello Dawn,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for the immediate action. It is already resolved.

drdecoder
Community Member

Yesterday I withdrew money to my local bank account which I have not received yet. I also withdrew on Saturday which I received within an hour, but I did not receive the money I transferred on Sunday. I contacted the bank and they said. Money has not been transferred to your account yet. Contact Upwork. I have enabled the fast transfer option in my bank account so that there is no delay from my bank. How long will it take for me to receive my payment?

Hello Umar,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. Sometimes you may get them earlier but the standard payment transfer time is 4 business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
abhi07gargg
Community Member

Hi Team,

I am new to Upwork and I have tried to initiate payment transfer from my Upwork account to local bank account via Get Paid. First It was initiated and got message my desired amount has been processed but after that I got a message your payment is rejected and your account is now disabled. I did not get why this happened. Could you please check and let me know the reason and how I can transfer money to my local bank account.

Hi Nancy,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your payment method. It looks like you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Support team responded back but they have mentioned the same reason which I got in my email nothing new. I want backend reason for not allowing me to transfer money to my local bank. I am using my local account for daily activities and it is working fine. I need to transfer my money on urgent basis as my house rent is due.

Hi Nancy,

It looks like you’re communicating with our team regarding this concern on your existing ticket. Please allow time for our team to respond and update the ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
qamroshyasser
Community Member

Hi, there. I made a transaction to my local bank account on Nov 30th, 2021, and haven't received it till now. This is the first time I am facing this issue. I get all my payments after a few minutes of the transaction from Upwork. I called my bank as well and ask them about this and they said, they didn't receive any payment against this reference ID yet. Can you help me to trace my payment or resolve the issue?

Thanks

Hi Qamrosh,

I checked the transaction you're referring to and can confirm it was successful on our end. Please know that direct to local bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. This rarely happens but, if more than 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds, please follow up with us here and we'll be happy to initiate a trace for you.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

I made a withdrawal to my local bank account on December 5 , 2021 and it said the payment has been processed! I haven’t seen the payment yet… Is there something wrong?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olamide,

I checked and can confirm that a withdrawal you’re referring to was successfully processed on our end. Please know that Direct to Local Bank transfers take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If it hasn’t reflected on your account after 8-business days, please reach out to us so that we can issue a trace for you. You can check out this article for more information about fees and timing associated with the Direct to Local Bank method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
vkhati
Community Member

Is anyone else facing this with ICICI Bank today?

Normally payments would credit by 2-5 PM but, today, it's not yet credited. Is there a bank holiday today or any other problem with upwork?

Hi Vicky,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
vkhati
Community Member

Never mind, I received the money today. (T+1 day). Thanks for your help.

khennyjhon
Community Member

Hi! The payment was posted last December 01, 2021 and I clicked get paid. However, my payment method was disabled in December 03, 2021, and I enabled it immediately. Once again, I clicked the get paid button and until now, December 08, 2021, the payment is still not on my bank account. Could you please trace my transaction? Receipt #: 433814429 

It's my first time using upwork and I don't know what to do. Thank you 🙂

Khenny Jhon A wrote:

Hi! The payment was posted last December 01, 2021 and I clicked get paid. However, my payment method was disabled in December 03, 2021, and I enabled it immediately. Once again, I clicked the get paid button and until now, December 08, 2021, the payment is still not on my bank account. Could you please trace my transaction? Receipt #: 433814429 

It's my first time using upwork and I don't know what to do. Thank you 🙂

If your contract was fixed price with a milestone  and the agreed amount funded by the client, then when you deliver the work and ask for the money to be released, the client has 14 days to review your work, before releasing payment. If, at the end of 14 days payment is not released, Upwork will automatically release it into your account. 

So the client can either 1) pay immediately, 2) review your work and then pay (which could be any time between day 1 and day 14), 3) ask for amendments, which would delay your payment, 4) simply disappear, and then Upwork will automatically pay you at the end of 14 days. 

However, whenever the money is released, there is additional security period of 5/6 days before the money reaches your account. 

If you press the "submit" button again, you will start the whole 14-day  process again. So if you clicked the "submit" button  for the second time on 3 December, you need to wait either for your client to pay you, or for the 14 + 6 days to pass before the money is paid into your account. 

(What exactly do you mean by your payment method being disabled?)

Hi Khenny,

I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Please know that direct to local bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If more than 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds please follow up with us here and we'll be able to initiate a trace for you then.

~Andrea
Upwork
profitcuraltd
Community Member

I have withdrawn funds on 5th December to my UK bank account, but funds are still not appeared in the bank. Pleass help. Thanks

Hi Nasir,

I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. I

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola, Payment still not in the bank account. Can you please help?

Hi Nasir,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to initiate a trace for your withdrawal.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I think there’s something wrong with direct payment to local bank account! Made a withdrawal since Wednesday, I’m yet to receive it!

I made a withdrawal on the 5th and it's yet to reflect in my bank account, I even had to ask my account officer and he said there's no such inflow in my account! It's been five business days already! What's going on? Are my funds lost because this is really strange!! Please help , I really need this money!!!!

Hi Olamide,

I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process.

Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Please feel free to check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Fees and Timing.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Ifemayowa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account.

Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

You can also check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

My payment method was disabled and I activated it again!! I made a withdrawal yesterday and I still haven't received it!! Please check!

Hi Olamide,

I can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Please know, direct to local bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. 

~Andrea
Upwork
jahabalos
Community Member

Hi, I requested payment on Dec. 14 at 7 PM EST and received a confirmation email. But, it's now 3:34 AM EST Dec. 15, and I still haven't received a payment processed email. Any advice on the delay?

Hi Jamaica,

Please keep in mind that It can take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. To learn more about this check out this help article. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
diovanni_p
Community Member

Hi there, my upwork payment hasn't come to my bank yet. Normally, I receive my payment every Wednesday. Appreciate the help

Ref ID436978120

It may take up to 5-10 business days for your payment to arrive.

Hi there, same here. This is my first time that the payment is delayed.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diovanni, 

Biljana is correct. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions is processed within four business days.

I checked the transaction you are referring to and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end.  If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths