🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment not received to my Local Bank
Page options
zayim-1
Community Member

Payment not received to my Local Bank

Hi, I hope you are fine. Yesterday I made a transaction to my local bank account and till now I didn't receive the payment to my local bank account. This is the first time I face this type of issue otherwise on my previous payments I get the payments after a few minutes of transactions made from Upwork. 

I call to my bank as well and ask them about that and they said, they don't receive any payment against this reference ID yet.

Can you help me to trace my payment or what is the issue actually?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

928 REPLIES 928

Hi Christian,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, I have withdrawn my payment last dec 23, 2021. Until now, it's not processed in my local bank. what's going on?

Hi Josephine,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your withdrawal yet. Please note that it can take up to four business days for your funds to arrive at your bank. In addition, bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. If after 8 business days you still have not received your earnings, you can reach out to us again to let us know and we'll assist you with a trace. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
zhmhoon
Community Member

Hi Andrea.. I have the same problem I did transaction on 30th December and received a notification that upwork payment has been process and still didn't receive in my local bank account. Its been more than 8 business days 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zolaikha,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to initiate a trace for your withdrawal. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
6aa18b37
Community Member

I withdraw money 8 days ago and I have not received it yet

Date 10/January 2022

Hi Mohamoud,

Please keep in mind that weekends are not counted as business days. If you haven't received your funds by Friday this week, feel free to follow up here so that we (Moderators) can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am still waiting and it's Friday 

Hi Mohamoud,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ishaq-muhamad
Community Member

Hey there,

I requested fund withdrawal direct to local bank account on Wed, Apr 28, 2021 but I haven't received the payment. I asked my friend and He said he got the money transfered to his account within 4 hours and the second withdrawal within 2 hours. I requested some more fund withdrawal to my local bank account from upwork but no response. why the delay?  

Hi Muhamad,

In general, Direct to Local Bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If more than 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds please let us know and we'll be happy to initiate a trace for you.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

btw how do I know transaction status? As per my friend, upwork will provide you with an email containing some transaction id. If you may guide me

Hi Muhamad,

The transaction you're referring to has been initiated, once it's processed you should receive that email you're referring to. You can also check the Ref ID in your Reports > Transaction History.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
saiduxui
Community Member

I am having this same issue. Can somebody please assist me? 

I tried to have funds sent from my Upwork account direct deposit to my bank account. On the Upwork site, it says everything was transferred however no funds have been deposited. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Hi Ali,

We process ACH Direct to U.S. Bank deposit requests within one business day. ACH payments should arrive at your bank within two to five business days. Some banks impose a waiting period on funds from incoming transfers. Please ask your bank how long it will take for your funds to clear.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Muhamad,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear that you have still not received your funds. I checked and your funds were successfully withdrawn on Apr 28, 2021 and still under process. Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
e6209943
Community Member

14 days ago I withdrew my money from my upwork account with Swift to the local bank, it hasn't been transferred to the bank yet, but the upwork seems to have been completed. I went to the bank and they confirmed that no money transfer was made to my account with Swift, I will be glad if you help, thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I have withdrawal issue and i couldn't find online support can you help me please

Hi Emre,

I'd be happy to assist you with your concern. Could you please share more information about the issue so I can check this for you? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
e6209943
Community Member

On April 15, 2021, I ordered 47$ money transfer order from upwork to my
local bank account with Swift. But it never came to my bank account, so i
call my bank and they said there is not any Swift process so there is no
money it has never came to your bank account. That is all and I don't know
what to do, i Don't know maybe using Swift was wrong etc, i wrote true iban
number and Swift code because i did twice check

Hi Emre,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
heylouris
Community Member

Hi, I was able to withdraw my payment today in upwork but haven’t received it in my bank yet. Usually it only takes 15min for it to reflect in my bank account (eventho it says 5 days) but right now it’s already 6 hours and I still don’t have my payment. This is the first time this happened. Is it possible to trace it?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Lauris,

Please keep in mind that It can take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I was worried because this is the first time it happened. The rest of my payment are reflected in my bank quickly within 15min after I withdraw from upwork
5e7cae47
Community Member

Hi also encountered the same issue. Should I change now my bank info or at least for the money to be reverse?

Hello Lynnel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork
lucianoerd
Community Member

Hello
I have an issue about payment and I didnt find how to contact or open a ticket.
Thanks.

What is your specific question about payment?

You can typically post any question and quickly get an answer right here in the Forum.

the payment was not processed

re: "the payment was not processed"

Ah...

Well, that does fall into the "need actual customer support" category more than the "asking a question" category.

Makr sure you are logged in.

Click on the question mark icon in the bottom right corner of the Forum screen.

Type in "payment was not processed"

If you see buttons that let you identify what type of user you are, click on Freelancer.

Then type in "contact support"

If you are provided with some kind of answer that is accompanied by a thumbs down icon, click on the thumbs down icon to indicate that the response didn't solve your problem.

Hopefully these actions will provide access to either a live chat agent, or a link to create a Help Desk ticket.

Hi Luciano,

I checked and it looks like you withdrew some funds today, is this the payment you're referring to? Please know that, Direct to Local Bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If you're referring to a different transaction and it's been more than 8 business days, please let us know and we'll be happy to initiate a trace for you.

Thanks! 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,thanks
I got the funds
actually only the message of processing funds did not come to my email this
time as usual.
thanks
Luciano
d_gebeyehu
Community Member

Hello,

Like always,  I have ordered a payment direct to my local bank account which most of the times I receive "your payment has been processed" confirmation email after hours of the request. But now I didn't get that email and would like to know why? and what will happen if I don't get the confirmation email within 24 hours?

Thank you.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We checked and it seems that the transaction is still in process. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you, Nikola. I will let you know if not funded.

Regards,
Daniel
francapocomic
Community Member

Yes, this is my first time using Upwork. Recieved a message that the client sent the pay and I still have not gotten the money transferred into my account. 

Hi Helena,

I checked and can see that the balance is already available on your account, you can see this for yourself by going to Reports> Overview. In general, for Fixed-Price contracts, the earnings will become available for you to withdraw after a five-day security period from the date the funds are released by your client. 

For you to receive your earnings on your payment method, they can either be automatically withdrawn according to the automatic payment schedule you've set, or you can withdraw them manually by going to Settings> Get Paid and click on the green "Get Paid Now" button.

Since you're fairly new to the platform, you may want to check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork as well as our Resource Center; where you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

I hope this helps!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
saqib6197
Community Member

Hi Dear,

Me also didn't receive  payments.

I put payment request at 19 may.

Hi Saqib,

I can see that your withdrawal was successfully initiated on your Upwork account. It may take up to 4 business days for the payment to reach your bank account. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. You can refer to this Help article for more information. Feel free to message us if you do not receive funds within 8 days so that we can initiate payment tracing for you.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths