🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Phone Number is already in use
Page options
Ross P Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I am having a similar issue. I am setting up a personal freelancer account and I need a phone number to proceed with the final step but my phone number is also being used for a client account which I need. Could someone advise please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach our support team directly so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. Please let us know on this thread if you need assistance with this issue and we'll be happy to help.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!
~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,489 REPLIES 1,489
Julia B Community Member

When trying to log in to the old account - "Your account has been closed."   The new account says the number is already in use.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Julia, 

I looked closer at your profile and confirmed that it's been verified. Looks like you're all set! Let us know if you need further assistance. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Faisal S Community Member

thanks for the help

Alyssajoy C Moderator

Hi Ross, 

Rest assured the team will address your concern in this ticket as soon as possible. Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that our team can assist you more efficiently. 

Thank you!

~ Alyssa
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach our support team directly so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. Please let us know on this thread if you need assistance with this issue and we'll be happy to help.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!
~Andrea
Jesse D Community Member

That would be easier to do if it was clear as to _how_ we could reach out and communicate with someone who is not an AI chat.

Chera Y Community Member

Hi Andrea, 

I have reached out and still after weeks of waiting this problem is not resolved for me either. I can't apply for any work due to this issue. 

Can you help? 

Chera 

eacf3684_0-1694544648993.png

Jazmin W Community Member

I've been having the same issue, i am not able to apply to anything because my phone number can't be verified. If this doesn't get resolved on my end within a few days, I will be closing this account & going to Fiber instead. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Jazmin,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Danny S Community Member

Hi Joaenne - can you also please help me create a support ticket. I'm also having the same issue.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Danny,

I checked, and your phone number verification has already been completed. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ziona A Community Member

Hello Joanne,

When I try to apply for a position, I receive a "this phone number is already in use" message. I have also been unable to verify my phone number in my settings. How can I fix this?

ALLADASSIVO P Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue too. I found a job where a customer needed urgent help. but this issue is blocking me while I just paid to become a Freelancer Plus. I don’t have a way to submit a direct support ticket to the team. 

GPA
Pradeep H Moderator

Hello Alladassivo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Willow G Community Member

Hello!

I also need to submit a support ticket for this issue. AI chatbot will not lead me to a human resource.

Thank you!

James L Community Member

Please assist, I'm experiencing same issue. Message - Phone number already in use. Please, check it and try again. If you're still having problems, 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Brooklyn M Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same issue.

Chad D Community Member

same problem here, it's crazy how impossible it is to get help on this platform.  So how do I get in touch with someone, thats not a bot?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Chad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Thomas L Community Member

I too need assistance with this issue. Someone else seems to have used my number in the past to create an account. I need to free my number so I can get verification texts to apply for jobs on your site with my account.

Thanks in advance for your help,

- Tom

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Thomas,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Rachael D Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I am also having the same issue with my phone number.  Would you be able to assist me as well?

Thank you,

Rachael

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Rachael,

We have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Kirsten V Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

I'm also having a similar problem when trying to create an account. It says my number is already in use but I don't have another account. 

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths