🐈
» Forums » Support » Your payment method has been deactivated beca...
Page options
18d977ae
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

Added my bank as a new payment method and I have been told that the beneficiary name is incorrect. How do I fix this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Michael,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update 05/30: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

908 REPLIES 908

Hi Kosmo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ebba803e
Community Member

Hi there,

I have same problem. It says, "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." Can you help me with this?

Thank you so much.

Almie 

Hi Almie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ebba803e
Community Member

Hi there,

I have the same problem.

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my maiden name.

But I have already edited my details to replace myname here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

I'm unable to figure out how to contact customer support!

Could you please help?

Thanks.

Hi Almie Jane,

I'm pleased to inform you that your beneficiary name has been approved. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
002c08bc
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. My drivers license had my maiden name on it when I uploaded it. I had already updated the information on my bank account to my married name, so the names do not match and I'm getting the "benificiary name is mismatched" message as well. I just got a new drivers license with my married name in the mail, is there any way I can resubmit my license so the names will match and I will be able to recieve payment?

I recently got married so my drivers license hasn't been updated to match my new legal name yet. Upwork required me to verify my ID, and they only gave me 7 days to verify so I had to use my drivers license with my old name. Now Upwork is considering my maiden name to be my verified name and not releasing funds to me because it doesn't match the name on my bank account (my married name). I just recieved my new license in the mail and would like to upload a photo of it so that this issue can be resolved but I don't see an option to do so. 

Hi Anika,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Kindly allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
002c08bc
Community Member

Thank you for your response. Is there any way I can reverify my ID? I just received my updated ID in the mail that matches my bank info. I believe that would be the quickest way to resolve the issue. 

Hi Anika,

Thank you for the follow-up. I have reached out to the team handling your case and it looks like there's already a support ticket created with your concern. They will surely review your document and assist you accordingly. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while we process your request.

~ Arjay
Upwork
flamebern
Community Member

Hi im having the same issue!

I have added my bank as a new payment method and it said that the beneficiary name is incorrect? Hope to get this fixed soon! Thank you!

Hi Mitchbern Ruthar,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been approved. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3e08d408
Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem too. I guess it might be about the special characters which upwork won't let me enter in my name, but my account names are correct. I didn't get any email with steps, I just got

- The name "Gurbuz Kutay Turkoglu" on your payment account "TURKIYE IS BANKASI A.S. ending in 9099" has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for compliance.

And also, in my account I get this message

-Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

But the account belongs to me.

Hi Kutay,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

~ AJ
Upwork

OK. Thanks

jussoria
Community Member

I used my bank account previously with no issues and now is saying that is mismatched, but there was no contact from the upwork team. The "get help" is annoying because it does not solve anything since it is not a person. I need upwork to reactivate my - already used - bank account so I can withdraw my payments. 

Hi Juliana,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with your payment method. I have checked your account and it looks like you've already reached out to the team handling your case for support. Please allow our team to review your concern along with your account and they will be responding via support ticket with updates and assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
amrhatem82
Community Member

This message:

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary named on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

and the names are the same on PayPal and Upwork 

Hi Amr,

I checked but it doesn't look like there is a name mismatch on your account anymore. Please know that, for security reasons, all new payment methods become available after 3 days.

~Andrea
Upwork
f8a600e2
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

my paymnet method was deactivated because they said my bank beneficiary name is different from my upwork verified name. please how do i rectify this issue.

Hi Chidinma,

Please alow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account.

~Andrea
Upwork
asim_mahat
Community Member

Hello,

I have been trying to verify my payment method but it always shows " The beneficiary name is mismatched." though I have same name in my bank account and Upwork account. Please help me , Thank you.

Hi Asim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and saw that the payment method was just added today. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello,

Its been 48 hours but my payment method is not verified yet.  I have same name in my upwork account and bank account but it shows "The beneficiary name is mismatched." Please help me .

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asim,

I apologize for the delay. A member of the team has reached out to you directly through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
068e4699
Community Member

Hello. I recently linked my paypal account to my upwork account, but I can't withdraw my upwork balance money. It says that "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account". However, my paypal name is exactly the same as my upwork account name (Jose Gregorio Varela; being "Jose Gregorio" my first name and "Varela" my last name both in upwork and paypal). My email is also the same for both upwork and my paypal account. Why is this problem happening? It makes me feel very anxious. Thanks in advance.

Hi Jose,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I've shared your concern with the relevant team and I can confirm that you should no longer have a name mismatch on your end. Your payment method is now going through a verification process and should become active in three days. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d7ccc1ac
Community Member

Hi, my name mismatches because Upwork doesn't allow me to write my character in full Turkish alphabet, therefore I get the error name mismatches payment method name.

Hi Ozgur,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I can confirm that you should no longer see a name mismatch on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
51bc734f
Community Member

Hello, my Id verification was denied. I submitted my international passport and utility bill to verify my identity yet it was still denied. I don’t know what I did wrong.

I added a payment method and received messege that my payment account name did not match with my name on Upwork. My bank account name still has my maiden name because the account was opened before I got married. I followed this up with the support team and it was finally rectified.

I don’t know the reason why my identity has still not been verified. Are there more documents that I am required to submit or are there further steps I need to take? I will be glad if you can help me rectify this. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Hi Jessica,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ahmetoguzozturk
Community Member

I was paid to my local bank account for more than a year, but now it says: "The beneficiary name is mismatched.", and now I cannot get my payments to my bank account. 

It is my own bank account, has the same name with my upwork profile, not a company account, or anybody else's. 

What can I do to solve this problem?

Hi Ahmet,

Thank you for reaching out. I've escalated your concern to the relevant team and I can confirm that you should no longer see the name mismatch on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ad6ca4ad
Community Member

I am having the same issue here. I already created a support ticket but it has not been resolved yet. I need this ASAP. And I need to wait 3 days after resolving to transfer

Hi Amr,

I checked and it looks like you were getting a beneficiary name mismatch error on your end. I can confirm that you should no longer see this error. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8ec0f74d
Community Member

I've added PayPal as a payment method, and it was all looking good, but when I tried to withdraw some money after a few days, I got the message that the funds 'could not be applied'.
After looking around a bit, trying to fix it, I removed PayPal as the payment method and then added it again, but now it says that 'beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account', despite never changing either.

Hi Darko,

I've escalated your concern to our team. Please allow them time to review. If any additional information is required, the team will reach out to you directly. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
8ec0f74d
Community Member

The issue with name mismatch has been fixed, and I've had the message that the payment method would be active in 3 days.
Once this passed, I tried transferring funds to PayPal and got the 'cannot apply funds' message again.

Hi Darko,

I'm sorry to hear that. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
mufeedk
Community Member

I can't withdraw my earnings. 

My Upwork account name : Mufeed Kasim

My bank account name: Mufeed K K

I am using the same account to withdraw money last few years. It's the first time I am facing the issue. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths