🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
kiwidsconsulting
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707
88ea76d5
Community Member

I'm trying to add a bank account and it says that my financial account name is still my old name even though I've changed the profile name. Can you please assist?

385a5a4b
Community Member

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.
I have change my beneficiary name 
jennyann1987
Community Member

Hi. I need help.

My account was already been verified same goes with my payment method. 

The document I submitted showed my full name including my maiden name and married name and on the method of payment it shows my married name. 

Please anyone who can check this for me.

Ive been working for over 1 month and up until now I havent withdrawed my salary which I badly need since I have kids to support.

Please help me.

Thank You!

Hi Jenny Ann, 

The name mismatch on your payment methods has already been cleared. You should now be able to withdraw your earnings to your chosen payment method. 

Let us know if you need further help with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you so much mam..

Godbless

9re9ory
Community Member

Hello, everyone!

I added a new bank account in the payment methods and this is the comment I got: "The beneficiary name is mismatched."
Maybe because ther is an accent on "Grégory"?

How can I resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched. however, my account name in the bank at the same as on Upwork. how can I solve it?

Hi Ibrahim,

I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account is now cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Thank you for your response 😊, It's showing my account is now inactive, how can change it to active?

pvz1079
Community Member

Hi,

I am having "beneficiary name is mismatched" problem. My bank account name is A. K. M. Parvez Hossain. My Upwork name is Parvez Hossain. The are both practically same. I just did not use the family title A. K. M. in the Upwork ID.

Please help.

Hi Parvez,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
kovacprojekt
Community Member

Hi, the beneficiary name is mismatched. however, my account name in the bank is the same as on Upwork, also on my ID. What can I do to fix it?

Hi Andrej,

I reached out directly to the team reviewing your case and they've confirmed that your ID is now verified. The ID Verified badge is now available on your profile. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks, everything is ok now,

Cheers!

39df6155
Community Member

Hi there!

Actually, there is one issue that on my personal account my name is RINKU SON OF VINOD KUMAR and my Real name on documents is Only RINKU. that'swhy Upwork or Account not Accepting these. So what should I do in this situation pls Reply

Thank you!

Hi Rinku,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
adenipo_s
Community Member

My name has changed on my account but I still get a name mismatch prompt when I add an account with the correct name sequence.

Hi Oluwadamilare,

I can confirm that you no longer have a name mismatch on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I still have the issue. Attached to this reply is the name on my

IMG-20221127-WA0007~2.jpg

account. 

Hi Oluwadamilare,

I can see that you do not have a name mismatch on our end. If you're still seeing the error, please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser. You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

It's tiring at this stage. I used a new browser, and it's still bringing the same prompt. 

Do I have to delete the existing payment methods that have the old name arrangements?

Hi Oluwadamilare,

Can you please check now and let me know if you can still see the message? Sorry for the back and forth, I've notified the relevant team of the error and I believe you should no longer see the error.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello Luiggi R, 

Thank you! It works now. 

Hello Luiggi, 

I have a similar issue of name mismatch again. It's been two days now. 

Hello, it's been two days, and the error still remains 

Q

Hi Oluwadamilare,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
e476c346
Community Member

Hello there,

I have recently joined Upwork, and as I was about to recieve my first payement, I got a notice that the beneficiary name is mismatching. I have accent characters in my legal surname, which upwork does not allow me to put in. Special accent character is the letter ž instead of z.

Thank you in advance,

Hi Ajla,

Thank you for reaching out. Generally, it would take up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
88ea76d5
Community Member

I'm trying to add my bank account which has the same name as my profile name but for some reason the financial account name is still using my old name. Can you please update my financial account name because I'm unable to do so myself?

Hi Mohamed,

The name mismatch on your payment methods has already been cleared. You should now be able to withdraw your earnings to your chosen payment method. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a6368e00
Community Member

Hello support. I need some assitance;

1) I had the same 'beneficiary name is mismatched' problem because my name is Oğuzhan Şahin with special Turkish letters 'ğ' and 'ş' and I wrote it to upwork as 'Oguzhan Sahin'. To solve this problem I changed my name to on the upwork as 'Oğuzhan Şahin' Because of that clients started calling me 'Ouzhan ahin' Please tell me your opinions about this.

2) I have waited for a long time after I took and finished 2 jobs last 2 weeks and coudnt get any money yet because it took so long for ID vertification and this mismatched issue. Now there is a new problem. It shows that I have withdrawl the money to my local account with the reference number 533684451 And the money didnt come yet. I am in a financial crisis right now due to all that time past and lack of fast response of support mail adress. I would like to change this transfer to another account like vise or payoneer but it prevent me to change it. I made the job long ago, even spend money for it but didnt get any cent of it. Please help me.

Hi Ouzhan,

I can see that you no longer have any name mismatch errors on our end. Regarding your payment, I can see that you've made a Direct to Local Bank withdrawal. Please note that these types of transfers can take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a6368e00
Community Member

My name doesnt show it correctly. My name is Oğuzhan Şahin. Look at it please. It shows ouzhan ahin. And also we are enterig the 4th day of money arrival after 5 day guarrantee rule you have and your ıd vertification time and dismatch error. those are the jobs I shot at 11 november and its been a LONG time and upwork victimizing me so bad right now. I need an assistance but all I get so far for 10 days is.

'' check this help article to learn more'' !
I wonder how do you people get a wage for only making copy paste to the article links. 

diegodegese
Community Member

Hi all!

I am receiving the error "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.  Please visit our FAQ page for additional information." since November 11th and I don't know how to fix it.

I am using my first and last name in Upwork, but I am trying to use my company name in the payment method.

My identity is verified, all my company tax information (W-9) is already uploaded, and everything appears to be ok except the payment method verification.

I already read this

• You are using a company bank account — To complete verification you may need to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:
    • An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
    • A business license showing your name and the company name
    • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

but I don't know how to complete the verification. 

I cannot find a place to upload the required documents.

Could you please help me with this issue?

Thanks

Diego

Hi Diego,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Just to let the members know, I was contacted by one of the agents and everything was solved in a couple of days.

Thank you Arjay for your help!

Hi Diego,

Thank you for your message. Glad to hear that your issue is resolved. Feel free to message us if you need any assistance in the future.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e074cb67
Community Member

Hello dear moderators

I have recently added a new payment method but it says it's mismatched even if it's literally the same name on my profile.

There was no other message asking me to wait. It just says its mismatched.

Please can I get help with this issue?

Thank you kindly.

Hi Queeneth,

Thank you for reaching out. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
e074cb67
Community Member

Thank you Annie. I'll be waiting

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths