🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
kiwidsconsulting
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707
prince_safi
Community Member

Hello,

My ID Card name is "Prince SK Safi Ahmed" and my Upwork name is "Prince Ahmed". My Bank account name is "Prince SK Safi Ahmed". I verified Upwork account via my Photo ID card. Upwork verified it successfully and give me a Verified badge.

Now my query is, do I face any problems when I withdraw my earnings? 

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Prince,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and it looks like the name mismatch has already been resolved. In general, it may take up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
1392aa3c
Community Member

My direct-to-bank payment method has been deactivated since my Upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my Email Name when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in Upwork. please replace my name and activate my bank account.

Thank you!

Hi Rakibul,

Thank you for your message. Your payment method has been accepted and will be active in the next 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
35b0840c
Community Member

Hello! 

Same Happened to me, it says it did not match my bank accounts name. Can someone help me? 

Thanks! 

Hi Ven,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
40f28aec
Community Member

Hey, I've added my business account as a payment method and want to use despite the name missmatch. I read in the FAQ that bank statement or formations article is required. Where should I upload it?

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for your message. I can see that one of the team members has reached out with more information and instructions on how to resolve the issue via email. Feel free to review the email or this support ticket and coordinate with the team by responding with the required documents. They will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
karangu
Community Member

Hi there, kindly help me fix my payment issue. My name is EVANSON NDIRANGU KARANGU but I prefer using the short form (Evans Karangu). The first name (Evanson) as Evans and (Karangu) as the Surname. I would like to use the name Evans Karangu for my profile name. The payment method I provided is verified. Thanks.

Hi Evans,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that the name mismatch has already been resolved. Generally, it takes up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
d6b89d1b
Community Member

Debit card, paypal, bank account - it tells me there's a name mismatch for all of them. They're all mine. At least one of these should work, right? Can you please help?  This is absolutely infuriating. And if you could take the 3-day hold off, that would be amazing. I tried to re-add a method and now it's locked another three days. Incredibly frustrating. Thank you for your assistance. 

Hi Callie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
eldweeny
Community Member

Hi there, i've been trying to add a payment method to my account but it always gives me this message " The beneficiary name is mismatched" so i checked both my verified names on upwork and paypal and i found that it is on upwork as : sayed ahmed sayed taha 

but on paypal it was only : sayed ahmed 

so i changed the paypal name into : sayed ahmed sayed taha

but it didn't solve the problem and i still get this mismatch message, can anybody help me please.

Hi Sayed,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

Hi all!

I am having trouble withdrawing money from Upwork with my Wise account. Upon adding Wise as my payment account, I am met with "Beneficiary name is mismatched" error although my name is same for both, Wise as well Upwork - "Hashir Omer".

Can someone help me what is going on? 

Hello Hashir.

I encountered a similar problem.

You should send in a message to their support team.

Most times Upwork updates the name change within 48hrs.

Should I use the contact support which appears as a pop up on this screen or is there a support email address I can use to forward my problem?

Hi Hashir,

I checked and it doesn't look like there is a name mismatch on your payment method at the moment. Please wait for your payment method to become active as per the 3 day security period.

~Andrea
Upwork
aa8b1907
Community Member

Hello!

I recently added the instant withdrawal payment method which on my current name, and my name on upwork profile matches but upwork displayes the error message says that my payment method has been deactivated because of name mismatch, so please if you could help that would be great! 

Thanks,

Marlon.

Hi Marlon,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket and communicated with the appropriate team regarding your concern. We highly suggest you continue doing that via this ticket here so that the team can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
aa8b1907
Community Member

Still no reply from them. Don't know why!

Hi Marlon,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
477bc845
Community Member

Hello,

I'm new to freelancing and I'm in the process of setting up my account. I signed up with my middle name "Nduduzo" which isn't on my ID. I need help changing my verified name to "Fanelesbonge" which is the first name on my ID.

Hi Nduduzo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
eng_mahmoud93
Community Member

Hi
i`m traying to add my paypal account as a payment method on the site but there is a message that tell me my beneficiary name on paypal does not match the name on my Upwork account, although the names are same.

my name on both is Mahmoud (as my first name) , Gamal (as my father name) ,and Omar (as my family name).

and using the same e mail for both .

also i`v verified my id on upwork which assure the same name.

i attached a screenshots shows my name on paypal and upwork to make sure that it is the same

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mahmoud,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you for your quick response, but i check the ticketwhich marked as solved

And my payment method now is marked as failed, 

I don`t know what i do now, please help and guide me

Regards

Hi Mahmoud,

Thank you for your message. You can reply to the email notification sent on the registered email address to create a follow-up support ticket for the same concern.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you

I will make that immediately

hi
i replyed to the email according your advice ,but there are no response yet
so please may i ask you how long time i should wait until the response team as a maximum ?

Hi Mahmoud,

Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Ok

I`m waiting

thank you

aribisala-tomiwa
Community Member

Good morning. trust this mail finds you well. 

My name is Adetomiwa Aribisala, and I am a freelancer on Upwork, I created a GEEGPAY AFRICA account a few weeks ago and got my virtual US account details, I added the account details to my Upwork account and it is yet to be verified with a reason that there is a name mismatch between my Upwork Profile name and my payment method name details which is not true, I made sure my payment method name details is the same as my Upwork Profile name. 

Please kindly look into it as soon as possible, I await your favorable response, thank you. 

Hi Adetomiwa,

Thank you for your message. Your payment method has been approved now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
3d91a3ca
Community Member

Hi, all experienced ones, my full name on the bank has three names, ( Md. Walid Hasan Li....) but my profile has two names, ( Walid Hasan....) though I've verified my account with a governement ID, now will there be any issue or payment cancellation for not having the full name as same as the bank for exact three words ?

Waiting for your reply and help.

Thanks

Having different names on your Upwork profile and bank account can potentially cause issues with receiving payment. Upwork typically requires that the name on your profile and bank account match in order to avoid any confusion or potential fraud.

I would recommend reaching out to Upwork support to confirm if this discrepancy will cause any issues with your payment. You can submit a support request through the platform or reach out to Upwork support via email or phone.

If Upwork support determines that your name on your bank account needs to match your Upwork profile, you may need to update your name on your profile to match your bank account.

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck in resolving this issue.

80ab242a
Community Member

Not sure what's going on here. I put the same name that's on the Upwork profile yet I got a sudden error/warning.. Why is that? I mean, yeah, my actual name is Aleksandar Zupčić with the accents on the letters but I tend to put it without the Unicode characters because a lot of systems freak out if I do / not capable of dealing with those letters, and either way the name is sans the "accents" on paper. Image attached.

Upwork has it like that, and I put it that way for being paid.. It's very frustrating. I told my client to wait on paying me just in case anything happens and I guess I was right. Still quite disappointed.

80ab242a
Community Member

Not sure what's going on here. I put the same name that's on the Upwork profile yet I got a sudden error/warning saying that I am mismatched.. Why is that? I mean, yeah, my actual name is Aleksandar Zupčić with the accents on the letters but I tend to put it without the Unicode characters because a lot of systems freak out if I do / not capable of dealing with those letters, and either way the name is sans the "accents" on paper. Image attached.

Upwork has it like that, and I put it that way for being paid.. It's very frustrating. I told my client to wait on paying me just in case anything happens and I guess I was right. Still quite disappointed. Would like to resolve this quickly.

Just noticed that a whole lot of people are having issues with this same thing. Ridiculous.

Hi Aleksandar,

I'm really sorry to learn that you're having trouble getting paid. However, I took a closer look at your account and I can confirm that the name mismatch has been cleared. We take the security of your account very seriously. For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days.

~ Arjay
Upwork
80ab242a
Community Member

Thank you, Arjay! I guess my client was right; Upwork really does have a very nice support. 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths