🐈
» Forums » Support » The issue persisted please anyone who can hel...
Page options
c3ca1bf0
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello, today, I am trying to add paypal as an additional payment method.

My full name on paypal account is Cong Dinh, which is the same on upwork account.

But upwork says:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

But I noticed that the verified name on contracts and invoices is Ding Cong. Is this the reason?

If so, this should not be a big deal!

Can you help me add paypal quickly?

Best regards.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

410 REPLIES 410
ea6adf19
Community Member

I am writing in response to the recent forum answer from Upwork regarding
the verification of my payment method. I would like to proceed with the
process of verifying that I am an authorized user of my father on the
current payment method linked to my Upwork account.

Please let me know the necessary steps and any required documentation to
complete this verification process. Your assistance in this matter is
greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention and support.
849bc815
Community Member

Hello,

I already checked so many time but I couldn't fix it. Could you help me please?

849bc815_0-1718286774803.png

Hello Yosun,

I would like to let you know that the name mismatch on your newly added payment method has been cleared. While checking your account I also noticed that you haven’t filled out your Tax Information. To withdraw earnings, please update your tax information. You can find more information on this page.

~Ivy
Upwork
Community Member

Hello,

I have added a new bank for my agency (the same bank account added to my freelancer profile), but it's treated as a name mismatch. It's been more than 3 days since and haven't received any email. 

Thank you in advance

vanjagavric
Community Member

Hi! I can't seem to find a way to submit a ticket so if anyone can get back to me quickly that'd be great!

I got an email saying 'Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork' and my payment method is rejected. The payment method is my company's bank account in my name and it has my name in it. I have all the documents to show that it's mine so if someone could kindly get back to me quickly I'd like to get this sorted ASAP.  

Thank you!

Hi Vanja,

I checked with our verification team who confirmed that the name mismatch in your account has been resolved. You may log into your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you Joanne! Have a great week 🙌

d1bcdafc
Community Member

I double checked both account names one is withdrawl and second is upwork acount.checked many times and corcect it many times but status also showing a beneficiary name mismatch in this case please help me tell me mismatch between which proper name  or place .so that means i can correct and start quick my withdraw account please help.

prince moliya

yes

tell the solution if you

know

Hi Prince,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted now and will be active after 3 days for fund withdrawal.

- Pradeep

Upwork

sir you mean the beneficiary name mismatch problem is solved. in 3 days and it's verify?

53ebb80a
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team.

I am a beginner of Upwork.
When I first registered my account, I registered the wrong account name because it was my first time using Upwork.
Afterwards, I changed my name to the correct name when verifying my identity.
I added a withdrawal method to proceed with the current assignment and withdraw money, but I received a notification that the connection was blocked because the bank's beneficiary name was different.
This is because the recipient name is different from the incorrect name I initially registered with Upwork. However, currently Upwork's name and the bank's beneficiary name are the same.
I hope you solve this problem asap.
I am looking forward to your reply.
Thank you.

Best regards.

Hi Michio,

I checked with our verification team, and they have confirmed that the name mismatch has been resolved. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
53ebb80a
Community Member

Hello Joanne.

I appreciate your support with upwork verfication team.
I can see an alert about waiting 3 days.
Thank you.

Best regards

84bec902
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to seek your assistance regarding an issue I have encountered with my account. Initially, I mistakenly provided my nickname when setting up my Upwork account. Subsequently, I corrected this by changing my account name to my real name.

However, when I recently attempted to add a withdrawal card to my account, I received an error message indicating that the beneficiary name does not match my account name. Additionally, I noticed that the notification for adding a withdrawal method referenced my previous financial name.

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on how to resolve this matter so that I can successfully link my withdrawal card to my account. Thank you in advance for your support and prompt attention to this issue.

Best regards,

Chamil Godellawatte

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012a80d01971ed1977?mp_source=share

Hi Chamil,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3aa37f33
Community Member

"Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

I have corrected the name issue they are the same already but still this message is present and it has been over 48 hours. May recently I have changed the name on my account but I have recorrected it already.

I appreciate your help Thank you in Advance.

I had issues like this too with verification.

My 10 year old picture WAS NOT ME...and I was holding a TV camera.

After 30 minutes on cghat and sending up 5 shots from my mage library - I was finally approved!

So your issue may be similar. Unfortunately it is a hastle due to the Interbational Monitary and Identification Rules

Be patient and try the live chat

I think the issue is related to name on the account and the payment method.

Well its in Support so lets see how long the "pro's" take to answer.

i do not like speculation as it tends to take people down a bunny trail.

Hello Kemal,

Thanks for reaching out. We've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your beneficiary name has been successfully verified. Your payment method will now undergo a 3-day security period before it becomes active. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
anjali113
Community Member

Hi

Yesterday I recieved a mail from upwork saying "The name on your payment account has been manually reviewed and did not meet the criteria for acceptance because the name in your upwork account is different than the name on the payment account." 

Actually, I have my maiden name on my upwork account and I want to change it now. How can I do that? All the information on my payment account is completely correct and already verified. 

Please guide me what to do. 

I have just changed my name in my Upwork Account. It matches with the name on my Payment account. It will take 48 hours to process my request. I hope it will be ok. If any further information is required, please let me know. 

Hi Anjali,

Thank you for your message. I checked, and I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has already been accepted. It will be active after 3 days to withdraw funds.

- Pradeep

Upwork
9e7deff4
Community Member

When i added my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched and its incorrect as both has the same name and its chiraz dkhili.

could verify this and  have my payment method activated ?

Hi Chiraz,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
huynhvuh
Community Member

Dear Upwork Community,

I have encountered an issue with adding my bank account. Despite several days of waiting, I consistently receive the message: "The beneficiary name is mismatched." I have verified that the name on my bank account matches exactly with the name on my Upwork account.

Could someone please assist me in resolving this issue?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Vu Hoi, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to let you know that your name mismatch ins now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
huynhvuh
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you so much for your help, it's now approved. Have a nice day!

Vu Hoi

0df6c53f
Community Member

I'm trying to add PayPal as a method of payment, but I get 'The beneficiary name is mismatched' even though the name and email are the same.

dabf6613
Community Member

hey, i just got this problem for my first client when i want withdrawn the money. 

"The beneficiary name is mismatched."

so, my original name is "Anantiyo Ramadhan Yusnur" it's written on all of my bank account and i found out that my name in Upwork Ceterficate of Earning doesn't have space beetwen "Anantiyo" and "Ramadhan". so it says "Anantiyoramadhan yusnur" is this the cause my problem? and how do i fix it?

thankyou

8e91ee3b-8aa4-41c3-a187-2c62efddcb52.png

I am having the same problem and Upwork support is not working. I don't know how to get in contact with someone.

Hi Anantiyo R,

Go to profile settings> Contact Info > Account. You can edit your name here same as your banking name. It will take 24 hours to reflect.

What do I do if my account name is the same as my bank name but it's saying the names are mismatched?

my name in my profile account written correctly "Anantiyo Ramadhan yusnur"

dabf6613_3-1718596568346.png

Hi Anantiyo and Monica,

I have followed up with the team handling your request and I am pleased to inform you that your payment methods are already accepted. Please allow 3 days for the payment method to get active. Meanwhile, kindly complete all sections on your Tax Information page to avoid interruptions while initiating your fund withdrawal. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much 

18ed4555
Community Member

Hello,

I have a weird problem. My name on Certificate of Earnings has turkish specific characters. However when I fill withdrawal payment info, I cannot use turkish specific characters such as 'ş' or 'ı'. Therefore, my withdrawal option automatically put on hold by Upwork and I cannot find a way to fix it. Can you help me on this?

Thanks in advance

Hi Fatih,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted. You can initiate a fund withdrawal after 3 days using the same payment method. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths