🐈
» Forums » Support » Transfer account ownership
Page options
32a1db5d
Community Member

Transfer account ownership

Hi, the account owner left our company and we don't know how to transfer the ownership without him. Can anyone help me to change this please? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry about the delayed response. We'll have one of our team members reach out to you and assist you with your concern. 

In general, customers can reach out to our support team if they need assistance with something like transferring ownership of their account. How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70

Hi Arjay,

Thanks for your response. 
Just wanted to double check before I put a lot of effort into getting this person to contact you. To clarify, even though Aaron's upwork account was associated with his work/company email (an email address he no longer has access to because it belongs to the company), and even though he was using his upwork account for company projects, the upwork account is still considered to be owned by him and not by the company?

Hi Carson,

At Upwork, we take your privacy seriously. We are always working to help ensure Upwork is a secure platform for our users. Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with Aaron's account so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Carson,

I took the liberty of escalating your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5306ae89
Community Member

Hi, the account owner left our company and we don't know how to transfer the ownership without him. Can anyone help me to change this please? 

Thanks!

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
43cbcecc
Community Member

Hi Support,

I set up this account to find freelancers for my employer. I am now leaving the company and need to transfer my 'company owner' status and access to a colleague. Can you please help as I will be leaving the company tomorrow. Thanks a lot!

Gary

Hi Gary,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
96ed6326
Community Member

I am leaving my company on July 1. My successor needs to take over ownership of our Upwork account.

Please have someone get in touch with me!

Hi Mary,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket with assistance on how to proceed. Don't hesitate to check here or in your email for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c324b49b
Community Member

Hello,

I would like to transfer ownership of my client account to another person. In KB there doesn't seem to be anything related, and I can't seem to find a way to open a support ticket.  Can someone help me?

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for sending your request here. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket. You can check here or your email for updates and further assistance. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
a15cbb10
Community Member

Hi 

The main account holder who added me as a user has now left my organisation. I do not have access to his login and my own access/login will not et me view the billing information for our account - can hyou let me know how to have it updated so that I am the main user and can see the billing information please? The help centre is super frustrating and not helpful at all 

Thanks 

Hi Annmarie,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with this.

~Andrea
Upwork
b4d7581a
Community Member

I have a team for an account that I am owner of but my role has changed and I need to transfer the ownership to another colleague in the company who now looks after his. How do I do this, I only seem to be able to make others admin and can't remove myself.

Hi Hamish,

I have escalated your request to the relevant team and one of the members will be assisting you via a support ticket. Please expect an update on this page once your case has been fully reviewed and the ticket has been created.

~ Arjay
Upwork
12acd797
Community Member

Hi! I am unable to transfer client account ownership to my colleague. The feature is not available on web interface. Please advise on the steps to accomplish this.

Thank you, 

Hi Andriy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
2187e687
Community Member

Hello, 

Can you please get in touch with me

URGENT! 

we need to transfer the company account to the owner of the company.

Thanks

Hi Salma,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
44799e4f
Community Member

I need to change ownership of my account the previoius owner has left our company.

Hi Stacey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here once your case is fully reviewed. Don't hesitate to coordinate with the team and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
eb9c016e
Community Member

Hello--we are looking to transfer ownership of our account to a different point person. The current owner is still at our company. Is there an easier way to do this than needing to open a support ticket, since we still have the current owner on our team? 

Thank you!

Hi Annie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We know how you want your request to be addressed immediately. However, this needs to be reviewed by the appropriate team before taking action. That said, we’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. Feel free to access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f2d60367
Community Member

The owner of our account left the company and I cannot find a way to handle a transfer. I also do not see any place I can submit a support ticket to try and resolve this.

What are my options?

Hi Kieran,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Andrea
Upwork
surendra-_-54321
Community Member

Hello, I am having a similar issue. I would like to change over the Company/Members and Permissions owner from what it is now to myself, as the current owner is no longer employed by me. May you please open a support ticket for me. Please reach out, Thank you.

Hi Surendra,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
rakshit_protons
Community Member

Hi there,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi there,

Nobody connected with me yet. Please help me with the issue.

Hi there,

I see that the team contacted you via the ticket link I shared above. Kindly refer to the ticket to see the team's response, and feel free to follow up so they can continue assisting you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths