🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to clock in time with the time tracker
Page options
2dd159d2
Community Member

Unable to clock in time with the time tracker

Hi there, when I click on the time tracker it launches this URL:    upwork:///nx/wm/workroom/34883662/overview

And all i see is a blank screen after that.

Does this means it will only work via the app?

My employer is requiring me to use it, adding time manually is working fine (thankfully), but would apprecieate any input on getting the time tracker to operate properly from a desktop environment.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Mauricio,

When logging your hours automatically, you can only use the desktop app. But when you want to add hours manually, you may go to your contract room > timesheet. Could you please try this? Let us know if you encounter any issues.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
759e32fa

Hi Mauricio,

When logging your hours automatically, you can only use the desktop app. But when you want to add hours manually, you may go to your contract room > timesheet. Could you please try this? Let us know if you encounter any issues.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello!  I am having the same issue with logging time automatically in the timesheet, and it doesn't seem to be resolved (Desktop) after updating Chrome + restarting. Any other thoughts? Thx!

Hi Betsy,

Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the inconvenience. If you are unable to log time on an hourly contract listed in the app, please close the app and log in to your Upwork account from your internet browser. Then, clear your cookies by going here and restart the app. 

Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
95ed181a
Community Member

I am facing the same issue. When

when I click on the time tracker it launches this URL:  upwork:///nx/wm/workroom/36093994/overview

And all I see is a blank screen after that.
I am also unable to install the app.

Hello there,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while accessing the Desktop App. Could you please try the troubleshooting steps shared below and refer to the FAQ section to connect with our technical team directly? 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

I am facing the same issue and followed all the steps for clearing cache etc. upwork:///nx/wm/workroom/36453985/overview all I see is a blank screen. Upon further investigation I see the error message "Your connection to this site is not secure" I do not see any further option to bypass and proceed to the time tracker. Please help resolve this for me. Thanks

Hi Sreenagalakshmi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
30c32dc3
Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same issue with the time tracker and I have tried all the solutions offered in this thread, but nothing has worked. What else can I do?

Hi Fisayo,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
512d3da6
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same issue and I've also tried all the solutions but nothing worked.

Hi Consorcio Iii,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Unable to clock in time with the time tracker

Hi Annie Jane B! When I click on the time tracker it launches this URL:   upwork:///nx/wm/workroom/35238922/overview

I have already log out from the app, and only use from the desktop, using a brower. Could you help me? Thanks!

Hi Agustina,

Arjay here stepping in for Annie Jane. Could you please try clearing your cookies by going here from your internet browser upon logging in? Then you can restart the app and let us know if the issue persists. We'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
hiligia
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I'm having the same issue.

I've already followed the given instructions.

Hi Ligia,

Could you please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the previously shared Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Ligia,

Are you getting an error message? Could you please share more information about the issue you're having so we can investigate further?

~ Joanne
Upwork
hiligia
Community Member

Hello,
I was redirected to this blank page:
upwork:///nx/wm/workroom/35245498/overview

Thanks for getting back, Ligia.

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps shared by Pradeep on this thread? If the issue persists, please report the issue following the steps on how to report a problem.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks for the response. Do you have any recommendation on what to do next? I landed my first job and it's been hours and no options have worked for me to log time on upwork! It redirects to a blank page "upwork:///nx/wm/workroom/35498509/overview"

Hi Saleem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello,I have the same issue, I can't seem to install the time tracker. Could you please help? I need the tracker asap for my work. Thank you.

Hi Aubrey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
radanoize
Community Member

I cleared the cookies, restarted the computer, Chrome browser, logged out of the account and logged back in, did everything mentioned above and still can't enable time tracking, this is my link upwork:///nx/wm/workroom/35410096/overview it just opens a pure black screen.

- Anastasiia

Hi Anastasiia,

I am sorry to hear about the issue using the Desktop App. Could you please try the troubleshooting steps shared above in my previous post and let us know if that helps? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
8b8bacea
Community Member

hello, I have the same problem that was mentioned by other users above, and I tried all the steps, including the one that Pradeep sent the link to. Nothing helps, I am still stuck on the blank page and when i refresh it it just becomes a google search (no wonder it looks like a file directory at Windows...). I have a Mac, MacOs Monterey 12.5 (latest by the moment), and the updated version of the Chrome. Please HELP

tiffanid16
Community Member

Same here. I tried everything suggested here and still no luck. Same link everyone else is getting. If this doesn't work well maybe Upwork should implement guaranteed payments until this bug is worked out or offer a different workaround or more than just this one option. This one isn't doing the trick.

upwork:///nx/wm/workroom/35911795/overview

Hi Tiffani,

Thank you for your message. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I am experiencing the same error.
While trying to enable time tracking it retrievs me to this link  the upwork:///nx/wm/workroom/36949762/overview and keeps blank. 

Will you please assist me? As it says that adding hours manually aren't protectes by upwork.

Thank you!

563662de
Community Member

I am having the same issue and it appears this has been an issue for a long time.  I have had payment issues because I could not get to the tracker and manualloy tracked time is not guarenteed. This is costing me and other users money.  Please look at this issue urgently.  None of the recoemended troubleshooting tips have worked for anyone 

appratto-micaela
Community Member

Exact same issue , when trying to enable time tracking it retrievs me to this link  the upwork:///nx/wm/workroom/36949762/overview and keeps blank. 

Hi Micaela, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
simonchina
Community Member

[URGENT]I cannot use the timing as well. Please help thank you.

Hi Simon,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble billing your time. Could you please tell us more about the issue you face and share a screenshot clearly showing the error you get while trying to log your time? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
saqw3rrr
Community Member

[URGENT] I have my first hourly contract, but I cannot use the time tracker also. I see the redirect to upwork:///nx/wm/workroom/37095012/overview in my chrome browser and the blank screen as the result. Please help! Thank you.

Hi Serhii,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths