🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Hidden messages
Page options
Raheim B Community Member

Unhidding a message

How do I unhide a message that was previously hidden in old conversations?

38 REPLIES 38
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Raheim,

You can unhide the chats you've hidden by clicking on show rooms by category> all people and rooms. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Amit S Community Member

I'm trying to solve the same issue, and I don't see a "category > all people and rooms" menu anywhere on the messages page. If I click on the three dots next to the search box in the left panel of the messages page, I get a pop-up menu as shown below. It doesn't have an "all people and rooms" option; it does have an "All rooms, recent first" option under "FILTER ROOMS BY" which is checked by default, and that *does not* show rooms/conversations that I have hidden. Please see screenshot below.

Message Rooms.png

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Amit,

There have been some changes to Messages since this thread was started. However, you should still be able to find previously hidden rooms. You can use the filter you shared on your screenshot and then use the search bar to find the name of the room or the message by keywords. The team is currently working on an improvement that will allow us to filter only hidden rooms and unhide them. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Jaswinder S Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I'm going through the same issue and am not able to recover hide chats. You're suggesting that need to search the clients by entering their names in the search box. right?

If I don't remember their names then what should I do further to unhide? 

Other suggestions are also welcome

MingTa Y Community Member

So there's currently no way to unhide chats???
Why didn't you warn us it's an irreversible action?😭

Farhan K Community Member

"The team is currently working on an improvement that will allow us to filter only hidden rooms and unhide them. ", 

Been over a year, still waiting for this upgrade. Finding hidden messages in a pain in the bum. 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Farhan,

There’s still no other way but to search for hidden rooms in order to view them. As of now, you can find and unhide the hidden room by searching the name on the search bar. 

~ AJ
Upwork
Rosalind C Community Member

Until you have this fixed, there should be a warning before you hide a message.  The word "hide" implies that you can un-hide it, which is misleading.  This should be a simple thing to add in.  A bit surprising that with all your talent, that this has not yet been resolved. 

Hend G Community Member

Hi,

I have hidden some of my Upwork Chats in messages, how can I restore/unhide those chats?

Regards,

Joseph Z Community Member

I cannot beleive how user UNFRIENDLY this site can be sometimes.   I acceidently Hid a message and now cannot get it back.   So mindboggling obvious and yet it is so hard.   Very frustrating.

Oliver M Community Member

This does not work on the new message version

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share more information about the issue you experience? If possible please share a screenshot from your end so that we can better assist you. 

~ Nikola
Shelby N Community Member

There is no option to click  on show rooms by category> all people and rooms. How do you restore hidden chats?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Shelby,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ethan T Community Member

ook

Barbara M Community Member

I am having this same issue. I'm looking for an older message that I hid. Since it's hidden, when I search, it does not show up.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Barabara,

Thank you for your message. I just checked and I was able to retrieve hidden messages or room. You will need to use the correct keywords to search the hidden messages.

Thank you,

Pradeep 

Vadim P Community Member

Something has changed recently and I couldn't find a way to unhide a chat

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Vadim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, there have been several updates on the Message Center. Could you please search for the name of the person whose chat was hidden and see if it would pop up? If it doesn't, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork
Amit S Community Member

Hi Aleksandar. Perhaps there has been a change in design since the time you wrote your comment, but I am not able to find any option as shown in the screenshot you linked to. Can you please help me know how to unhide rooms/conversations that I have previously hidden?

Azam S Community Member

Can we still unhide a chat on Upwork? If yes, how so?

Feras E Community Member

You can type "a" in the search field, you'll see many previous chats. Try other letters as well.

Mia Farrah E Community Member

Brilliant! It worked. Your suggestion is the best option.

Thank you Feras. 

Sabrina H Community Member

this works!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths