🐈
» Forums » Support » United States Location Verification
Page options
3f13fe12
Community Member

United States Location Verification

Everytime I try and send a proposal for a job it ask for me to verify ID.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Latrice,

It looks like you're trying to apply to US-only job posts. In order to apply for these, you must verify your location. If you encounter any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

If you'd prefer not to verify your location at this time, that's ok! Switch the feed you're looking at to My Feed and you can search and apply to job posts that are Worldwide.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

483 REPLIES 483
tonyar0909
Community Member

I have tried to submit my ID for verification multiple times and it keeps getting denied. It meets all requirements. What do I do??

Hi Tonya,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
hara-juku
Community Member

Getting this error:

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

after i gave them a blurry photo, but now i have a better one but i have no idea how to contact customer support, as im no "inelegable" for this vefication process. please help!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carmen, 

A member of the Upwork Support Team has reached out to you directly through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. You can access your ticket here.

~ Avery
Upwork
9d10a46d
Community Member

Hi,

I've tried to submit a document for verification process and I recieved an email from Upwork

Thank you for attempting to verify your location. Unfortunately, we could not authenticate the ID you uploaded.
As a result, we have placed a hold on your account. Please know you will still be able to work and complete any open contracts and withdraw earnings, but you won't be able to submit proposals for new jobs or accept new contracts.

We are sorry to have to take this step, but we must for the safety of our marketplace. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Hi Ramsha,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
nsaracen
Community Member

I'm receiving this message and I'm not allowed to click Apply Now on jobs. There isn't anywhere for me to upload my ID. Prior threads say "you're not required to verify yet" but then how do I apply for jobs??

Also, I've never been asked to upload my ID so how did I reach the max number?

Nicole,

Please contact Support and send the screenshot(s) for them to view. Have a great day!

Hello Nicole,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
734101ae
Community Member

I was never able to verify my phone number because I never get the sms.

Hi Ana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
zawanushari
Community Member

I get this message when I try to apply to jobs.

I have not received a response from customer service.

Hi Zawan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
342936b0
Community Member

Canadian living in the US here. I'm trying to get my ID verified by sending a pic of my passport and files of my utility bill/bank statements. My utility bill/bank statements are a PDF format. Once I send it in, despite it containing all the relevant info, the agents keep deeming my documents as fake. I can't get verified. What should I do?

Hi Melvin,

I understand how hard and frustrating it is to provide location verification documents when living in a new country. I can see you were able to update your support ticket with our team. Please allow some time for them to review and advise you further as they are the ones who can best assist you.
Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
342936b0
Community Member

Hi Andrea. 

Thank you for the response. The support team has reviewed my paperwork and has rejected them with no explanation. Can you tell me what I should do next? Thank you

Hi Melvin,

Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to help you with your questions. I would recommend updating the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
shalvijshah
Community Member

Support Team,

I am writing to you because I recently attempted to verify my location on your platform, but unfortunately, the ID I uploaded could not be authenticated. As a result, a hold has been placed on my account, and I am unable to submit proposals for new jobs or accept new contracts.

I understand that this hold has been put in place for the safety of the marketplace, and I want to do everything I can to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. I would appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Could you please provide me with more information on why my ID could not be authenticated? I would like to ensure that I provide the correct information and documentation when I attempt to verify my identity again.

Additionally, can you please let me know when I will be able to upload my ID again and what steps I need to take to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Hi Shalvi,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. As instructed by the system's response, feel free to respond to the email by the team if you need further assistance and they will surely look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bogdanov_michael
Community Member

Hi! 

I'm trying to verify my location in Georgia. I already provided my registration as a sole entrepreneur, it was rejected because I was registered more than a year ago. I provided a bank statement, but the bank doesn't show my address, I can't do anything it's the bank document. What else I can do? Is it possible to check my ip or do something like that?

I could provide my tax declaration. It will contain my address and it will be from March. BUT: it will be in Georgian language. Is it ok? Should I provide a translation as well?

can anybody answer?

Hi Michael,

We sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. I've reached out directly to the team handling the review and they confirmed that your ID is now verified. You can now see the ID Verified badge on your profile to validate the review. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
7c9a8ce7
Community Member

Didnt send me a codefor 20 mins. When i put in the code it finally sent it says " That’s not right. You can try again with this phone number."

I try to send the code again and nothing is being sent to my phone number.

Hi Shay,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
7e2129ca
Community Member

Good afternoon, 

I am in the US and I loaded my ID up like was asked but a minute or so later I recieved an email that said it didnt work. I went through the help section and it said to set up a call in teh message center on the green phone icon. It isnt there. When the message center first opens it's there and then poof ... gone. 

Any help is appreciated. - Thanks 

Hi James,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
e_shen
Community Member

My profile is 100% complete. But I can't apply any project. The system said I need to be verified ID, and I need contact customer support to verified

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 10.18.36 AM.png

When I go to cusotmer support, it said I have wait an agent to contact me. What else should I do to recieve an ID verification email?? Otherwise I can't apply any project.

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 10.20.37 AM.png

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
596ccf7c
Community Member

I accidently uploaded the wrong ID (the expired one) and my account got put on hold. is there a way to upload the real one and get my account back?

Hi MJ,

Thank you for reaching out. We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f513d27c
Community Member

I'm trying to complete my account set up, but cannot receive a code to verify my phone number.

fd115dce
Community Member

I am also experiencing this issue please help.

Hi Roshawn,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
87e32a45
Community Member

Hi all,

I've recently joined Upwork and when I try to apply to a job I need to verify my phone number but it won't call or send a text after pushing the button.  Did anyone else have this issue and how did you fix?

Hi Payne,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6bd59602
Community Member

I cannot find work because it says i've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID. 

Hi Taylor,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community! Since you're trying to upload your ID in order to verify your location, we’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so we can assist you privately and securely. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
d4aa6440
Community Member

I have 89 connects but it says I can't apply for job. I see the message: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support. As the customer support bot says: go to settings and there will be Identity Verification. There's nothing like that! 

Hi Nataliia,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused you. I escalated your concern via a support ticket for the team to review this and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mccarthy90
Community Member

Hey all, 

For over a month I've been attempting to apply for jobs only to get a notificartion that my phone number has been verified. That's all the page says. I know this is a bug people have dealt with before, anybody know a workaround for it now?

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths