🐈
» Forums » Support » You have not activated the Google sign in met...
Page options
bc2858a8
Community Member

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account.

I already have an account on **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Even posted a job and also done payments twice. And now when I log in it shows me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

289 REPLIES 289

I have the same issue. I have recently upgraded to a Google Workspaces account and now can no longer login with my credentials

Hi Andrew,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
913e6bca
Community Member

Thanks
e553a5a1
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem.

Created an account with an email. Logged in my phone. Changed the email. Now I want to log in on my laptop and says the "You have not activated the Google sign in..." message.

Thank you.

Hi Carlos,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a423c46c
Community Member

Hello, having the same problem. Just created my account with google and now I can't login. Tried to type in email but tells me to login via google sign in. Google sign-in returns this: You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address

I created this second account to submit a support ticket but would like to use the first one.

Hi Loraine,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you are unable to access your account. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with more information on your first account so I could forward this to the appropriate team to review and assist further?

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
f254dc1d
Community Member

When I change mail, I can not log in. I created a new account to write here. Help me decide.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmitrii,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

I am having the "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account." issue ith my client account, please help!

Thanks in adance!

Hi Matt,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your client profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have an account with upwork. From mobile it is working fine and i tried to login thru laptop. Now am getting an error.

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

Hi Bala,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
29eea16b
Community Member

Hello, I'm having the same issue. I had to create a new account just to be able to post on here. The chatbot isn't helpful and I can't seem to get help from a human. I'm a client, one of the people I hired just sent me a message and I'm unable to get to it. Meanwhile I've already been charged for the job. Please immediately reach out to me. Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dasha, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I will go ahead and look into this and I will come back here once I have more information regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
e143bc64
Community Member

Hi, I have been using my client account here for couple of years. I posted a good number of jobs and gave payment as well. But yesterday, I just changed my email from

After changing this email, when I go to login my account, I got following error message -

"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

As there is no option to inform you without login, I created another account from where I sent you the message.

As I have deposited money in the escrow and I need to give few payment to my hired freelancers, it is urgent for me to resolve this issue.

Pls be kind to help me in this regards. Thanks

Hi Rezaul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
5006dc6e
Community Member

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

This keeps on coming up and I can't seem to get into my account just because I changed my email.

245ab860
Community Member

Hello, 

I do face the sameproblem with my primary account, cannot login at the moment! Can someone help me out?

Hi Abdallah,

~ Joanne
Upwork
245ab860
Community Member

Hello @Joanne Marie

No one has contacted me yet I'm facing a problem logging into my account! Can you help me?

Hi Abdallah,

I'm sorry about that. I have followed up with our team already, and you can expect that one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. 

Abdallah, I just wanted to follow up here that I checked and it looks like you have already logged in successfully. Please let us know if you need any assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
245ab860
Community Member

This email I'm logging in with is not my primary account! Because simply I'm facing problems with my primary account! My primary account is: **Edited for community guidelines**

That's why I'm requesting someone to communicate with me!

Hi Abdallah, 

The email address you mentioned which is associated with your primary account is what I checked with the team. Are you still seeing the same error? As confirmed by our team, it seems like you were able to log in already. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
245ab860
Community Member

I still face the same problemCapture.JPG

Hi Abdallah,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email to the account you're posting from and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2f62dc7b
Community Member

I have a similar problem. I had to create another dummy account to send this message. I have a message sent to my mail but the response isn't fast. I have an interview in less than 15 minutes and I don't know how to respond to the client because I am logged out of my mail account.

I have resolved the problem.
Thanks

44a26809
Community Member

I'm having the same issue.  Please let me know how I can proceed.  This account I'm posting this on is brand new just so that I could post here to get help.  I feel like there should be a form to fill out if people are having "LOGIN" related problems so that we don't have to create a new account just to post here and get it resolved.  In my opinion it would also be beneficial to the community managers and moderators too.

Anyway, please let me know how to proceed.  Thanks!

Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your account. I've shared your concern with the appropriate team and one of our agents will be reaching out to you directly to assist you further, be sure to check the email associated with the account you need help with for the agent's message. In addition, once you regain access to your account, be sure to close this one you just created to contact us, as having multiple accounts is considered a violation of the TOS.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7a6a6006
Community Member

I am having the same issue. Please let me know what I can do to solve this issue. I made a new account which I shall also delete ASAP once I regain access to my old account. Hope someone can help me with this.

Thank you very much in advance!

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joshua,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
7a6a6006
Community Member

Hi Andrea!

I've sent you a private message. Thank you!

3d2b9409
Community Member

Hi, I have exactly the same problem with my gmail account. I created an account just to reply, because the bot couldn't understand the problem. 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mehtap,

~Andrea
Upwork
4620edff
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem when I changed my email address. Please help. I had to create a new account for this problem, the bot is not useful at all.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi D,

~Andrea
Upwork
89ba8d9c
Community Member

I have experienced the same problem. "You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address."

I have to create another account just to write this. Please help!

Hi Gulraiz,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5c997911
Community Member

I have the same problem when trying to use the desktop app.  I however am able to log in on my web browser.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths