🐈
» Forums » Support » You have not activated the Google sign in met...
Page options
bc2858a8
Community Member

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account.

I already have an account on **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Even posted a job and also done payments twice. And now when I log in it shows me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

289 REPLIES 289
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Theo,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Feel free to follow up on this thread if you need further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
819b813a
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team:

I am getting this everytime I try to log into my account since I changed my email. Can you please help me

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address. 

I registered with the email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Then I changed email to: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I was charged payment USD59 twice for 2 months, but I can't login and has never publish a job in upwork yet. Please help!

Hi Ly,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
dbde947f
Community Member

Hi, I've had a profile last year with a Google-address that I wanted to reactivate and use. However it does not allow me and there is a message that pops up that the e-mail is being used already, or "Google account i...a@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.". I can not figure out how to proceed, in order to use the other e-mail address, instead of this one. Is there any way you could help me out with this?

Hi Irena,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. One of our agents will be reaching out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1783b4cf
Community Member

I am having the same issue. 

Hi Wisdom,

Someone from our team will reach out to you directly via email in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
130c42e9
Community Member

After i change my email, i receive this message - 

"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

I make new account just to send this concern, do hope I can find upwork support here so that I can delete my 2nd account to avoid confusion to my future client(s)

Hi Valemark,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
7ca66074
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I have the same problem. How do I resolve this? I had to make a new account just to comment this. Already sent you a private message. 

Hi Via,

I'm sorry to learn you experienced this issue. I've also received your PM and will continue to assist you from there.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b1bb1bc9
Community Member

Does anyone have a fix for this?? I been locked out my account for 24 hours!!! I have projects I need to finish and no one seems to help me. A simple reset password does not work.

Hi Bjk,

It looks like you were able to log in already. If you're still experiencing issues please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
331c01f4
Community Member

Hi, i have the same problem. can anybody help me?

Hi Peterson,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've just shared your concern with the team and one of our agents will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
iamgemini004
Community Member

i get the same issue how can i solve this issue

Hi Umar,

It looks like you were able to sign in already! If you're still experiencing issues please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
9b927a76
Community Member

I received the following error message when I'm trying to sign in with my google account. I had to create a new account just to log in to get help.

You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address.

Thanks.
April.

Hi April,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9b927a76
Community Member

I received the following error message when I'm trying to sign in with my google account. I had to create a new account just to log in to get help.

You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for
this email address.
 Thanks.

ss.png
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi April, 

I'll go ahead and ask the help of the Customer Support Team. They will reach out to you directly to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
65151c62
Community Member

Hi there, 

Everytime I try to login to my account, I get the following error: "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." This error wasn't there a few days ago when I last logged in. I had to create this account now just to ask for her. I  have clients waiting, so any help would be very much appreciated. 
Thank you!

Hi Zeeshan,

I can see the team has already reached out to you via support ticket regarding this. Please reply directly to them here.

~Andrea
Upwork
65151c62
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I tried all the steps recommended and still didn't help. I have sent the requested pdf file as an attachement as a reply to the message but I have received no help. 
Could you kindly have a look at the issue please?

Thank you!

65151c62
Community Member

Hi, I am having the error re-occuring on multiple devices. it reads " You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." I asked for help and was partially guided, I followed all the steps, changed devices and e.t.c, however, the error still persists.
Could you please review this as I have clients waiting.

Thank you!

Zeeshan, please continue communicating directly with our team as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
65151c62
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I understand what you mean, however, I haven't had any replies from the upwork team. It's rather important that I have this done quickly as it create complications for me.

so, could you please escalate the issue or something to help me out.

Thank you! 

65151c62
Community Member

Hi, I have made this complaint many times, however, after the issue was opened by the team, nothing has happened. I have asked many times if there is anything that can be done to help me, however, my requests have been ignored and the issue was looked at by the Upwork Team only once.

Issue at hand: " You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address", everytime I try to login. 

Hi Zeeshan,

The team has in fact reached out to you to assist you further. Kindly follow up with them here, via your support ticket, so they can best assist you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
65151c62
Community Member

The team replied yesterday. 

Thank you Luiggi.

802f28b6
Community Member

Hey Luiggi 

I am also facing the same issue

802f28b6
Community Member

I have experienced the same problem. "You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address."

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and sorry to hear you're having trouble signing in. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0a97e88c
Community Member

Hi, which ever moderator is the next available, I'm yet another with this issue... I'll PM the account details, just need a mod to assist me 🙂 Thank you! 

Hi Joseph,

You may send me the details. Thank you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Sorry, I realize this is a bit of a delayed response... by about 5 months... but if there is any data or information I can provide to assist in troubleshooting and/or researching this issue (should it even still be an issue) please let me know 🙂 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph, 

I checked your account and it looks like you were able to log in successfully. You also have your Google account connected to your Upwork account. If you would like to disconnect this service, you can go to this page of your account (Settings > Connected services).

If you still need help, please share more information in your next reply so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
e095331b
Community Member

I too have the same problem. I cannot log in to my account because it says "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." Please help. I had to create this account to contact your support.

0e0d6675
Community Member

Hi,

I am facing the same issue...I have changed the email address three days ago and now I can't log in with google because it says you have not activated google sign in for this account...I am new to Upwork and have to deliver my order in three days can anybody please help?

Hi Sehrish,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to Upwork. Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about your original account so that I can assist you further? 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths