🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Changing Profile Location
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Shalom,

You can change your location settings under Settings> Contact Info> Location. Please note that If you're moving for a short period of time, there's no need to update your location. You can check this help article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ffa81c97
Community Member

Hi i've tried that, but it doesnt allow me to edit it, not sure why?

Hi Shalom,

Your country has been updated. Feel free to fill out the rest of your address.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
17ed10b2
Community Member

Hey Team,

I also need assistance switching my account from a USA account to a CAD account.

-Thanks!

Hi Brandon,

You can change your location by going to Settings > My Info and clicking the pencil icon on the Company contacts section. If you need any further assistance please let us know!

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
4c4e249a
Community Member

Hi!

I seem to also have an issue to change my profile location.

The settings allowed me to change my company location but not my profile one.

Would you be able to update it for me? I believe it is set to USA but it should be AUSTRALIA.

Thanks.

Yann

Hi Jean,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hosea22
Community Member

I set up my account in Kenya but moved to Milan, Italy to complete my Master's. How do i change the location? At the moment, it shows Kenya yet I am in Italy

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hosea,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My location is Los Angeles, not Czech Republic. Can this be updated? Thanks. 

Hi James,

Your country has been updated. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
norbert-hc
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I have a similar problem. I just opened today my account, but I realized that you dont allow me to change my registered location to Austria. The reason why I put Mexico, is that I am currently in Mexico and looking forward to get some business there. But my current company location is Austria.

Can you do that for me, or do I have to cancel my whole profile and re-start the whole process, which would be of course very inefficent.

Regards

Norbert

Hi Norbert,

If you are travelling and are away from your country of residence temporarily,  you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. Also, it's recommended that you check with a legal adviser if you need a certain type of visa or a work permit to be able to work on Upwork while travelling.

~ Joanne
Upwork
880052a6
Community Member

I need to change my country of residence but when I select "contact info" on the menu, it immediately sends me to "password & security" and no other options are available.  Advice required please or ADMIN of upwork, please contact me as this is really a simple design tool that you need to adopt as I see it is a problem for a lot of people registered

Hi Charly,

I checked your account and it seems like you have not set up your password and security yet. If you have not completed this step, the system will prompt you to do so to access your settings page. Please follow the prompt to set up your password and security. Once done, please try to access your Contact info section again. if you still encounter issues, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ce47dca3
Community Member

Hi, I created my account in Sierra Leone but unfortunately I came back home to Liberia and is trying to change my upwork profile to Monrovia, Liberia and it not even showing Liberia in the list of countries.
Can someone help me please...

Hi Christopher,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
daniel560
Community Member

i change country so i need change my upwork profile location any one hlep me

Hi Pinku,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
2192d10a
Community Member

I am unable to change my location , says I need to update my w-9 info but there is no column to update that

Hi Tanmay,

Could you please confirm the name of the country you are currently located so I can check?

~ Joanne
Upwork
2192d10a
Community Member

I am currently in USA but my location set is INDIA which I am unable to change !

Hi Tanmay,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths