🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Why I am Not Getting Hired Despite of every E...
Page options
candidcontext
Community Member

Why I am Not Getting Hired Despite of every Effort

Hi

I have done only one work at Upwork till now. It is under $100 only. I am buying connections with that hard-earned money and submitted over 40 proposals. But despite :

• Reading all the articles, Upwork suggests 
  • Buying connects
  • Writing a cover letter as per the method suggested by Upwork
  • Having great experiences and certifications
  • Sending proposals to the client immediately after posting

I am still not getting a single reply from the clients. Please suggest how to tackle this situation. All clients mostly want:

• The writer from the USA, Canada, or the Philippines, 
  • 80% success rate
  • Rising Talent
  • Over $1K earning

and so on. How come if someone does not work can get Rising Talent or a $1K earning? This is really frustrating and demotivating. PLEASE HELP. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

S M wrote:

Thank you for pointing out the things lacking in my profile. Though I have a detailed cover story on my professional background, yet will try to enhance other things you suggested. 

I would upload some of the articles you have in your professional background to form a portfolio.  Clients are more likely to look at that than to scroll all the way down. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jr-translation
Community Member

S M wrote:

Hi

I have done only one work at Upwork till now. It is under $100 only. I am buying connections with that hard-earned money and submitted over 40 proposals. But despite :

• Reading all the articles, Upwork suggests 
  • Buying connects
  • Writing a cover letter as per the method suggested by Upwork
  • Having great experiences and certifications
  • Sending proposals to the client immediately after posting

I am still not getting a single reply from the clients. Please suggest how to tackle this situation. All clients mostly want:

• The writer from the USA, Canada, or the Philippines, 
  • 80% success rate
  • Rising Talent
  • Over $1K earning

and so on. How come if someone does not work can get Rising Talent or a $1K earning? This is really frustrating and demotivating. PLEASE HELP. 

1. Unless your first name really is just "S" you might want to fix that.

2. If you are a native English speaker, you should select that rather than fluent (or maybe not).

3. If you want to succeed on Upwork, you need to be so good that you request $100/hour or work for close to nothing. Decide which group you belong to and take it from there.

4. You profile has no portfolio and the overview tells me that you do a lot of things but  probably not on a professional level and you are very busy doing this things not related to the service you provide.

Thank you for pointing out the things lacking in my profile. Though I have a detailed cover story on my professional background, yet will try to enhance other things you suggested. 

S M wrote:

I would upload some of the articles you have in your professional background to form a portfolio.  Clients are more likely to look at that than to scroll all the way down. 

I really appreciate all your bits of help! I have changed my profile for the better, as much as I could understand from your judgment. I have also passed the Upwork Readiness Test.