cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Contract / End Contract

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
51 of 66

Hi Mhd Ghazwan,

I'm not familiar with the terms of your contract but if your freelancer isn't providing the work you agreed and paid for, and you can't resolve this problem in direct communication, let us know and we'll have someone follow up with you to review and advise.

Mhd Ghazwan A Member Since: Aug 30, 2016
52 of 66

Thank u so much dear Vladimir...I will keep u updated !

53 of 66

Dear Vladimir,

I think the situation with that freelancer leading no where. it is clear she is busy with another larger project.

I asked her many times when I can get my project, and every time she soon....and nothing then !!

I have to end this contract and to got my money back.

Please advice what can I do.

Thank u

Regards

Gazwan

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
54 of 66

Gazwan,

You can end a contract anytime. If the money is still in Escrow, you'll be able to request a refund from Escrow and the freelancer will have 7 days to approve it or dispute it. The money that has already been released to the freelancer can't be disputed. You can ask the freelancer to issue a refund if they didn't deliver work as agreed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
55 of 66

Velaria,

Thanks for the reply.

depends on the attached file, that's mean that my payment is not in the Escrow any more.

so in this case 95% I will not get my money back and I will nt get the project also !!  right ??

56 of 66

Gazwan,

Fixed-price contracts allow clients to deposit money into an Escrow account at the start of the project and release the payment from Escrow after they received and reviewed work delivered by the freelancer. The client releases the money at their own discretion. Unfortunately, after the money was released and withdrawn by the freelancer, Upwork doesn't have any access to it as it's not stored in Escrow anymore. 

In the future, please make sure you release payment to the freelancer only after you received and checked the work.

~ Valeria
Untitled
57 of 66

in fact I'm surprised about this point bcs I didn't release the amount at all.
I thought this is happened automatically somehow !!

even I tried to find any history actions to review what and how the amount had released but I find nothing !!

58 of 66

Gazwan,

A milestone is automatically released from Escrow only if the client fails to reply to freelancer's request to review work and release payments for 14 days. You can find more information about that in Fixed-Price Escrow Instructions here.

~ Valeria
Untitled
59 of 66

Strange !!!

she sent me the first draft and I kept every two days asking her what happened with the fnal version !!

Ok...thak you, seems it is useless 

Mary Ann B Member Since: Oct 26, 2017
60 of 66
Can the client still give me feedback if i end the contract? it is a fixed pay and i will receive it after a month. l
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS