🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone number already in use
Page options
a2710568
Community Member

Phone number already in use

My account is attcahed to another account but I cant seem to ifgure out what emai its attached to.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach our support team directly so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. Please let us know on this thread if you need assistance with this issue and we'll be happy to help.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

99 REPLIES 99
JoanneP

Hi Asha,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
8c54abd0
Community Member

I am having the same problem and I need to submit a support request. Where do I do that?

Hi Monica,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you to further assist in the phone verification process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
98395f47
Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem. Please help me. This truly an unacceptable blocker for people trying to sign up for the platform. About 10+ ways to solve this in 2024. 

Hi Logan,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
2d3f72cf
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I'm having the same problem. I haven't been able to raise a ticket through the chatbot. Please could you help me with this?

Thank you,

Ellie

Hi Ellie,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further with your account concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
15eefed1
Community Member

Hello, 

So I have all my info in except the only thing that keeps occuring is the "Phone number already in use. Please, check it and try again. If you're still having problems, please contact support ."

I cant get it to send a code or apply to any jobs. I cant even do the Second-Step autorization. Im not sure if its because I previosly made this account in the past and maybe something needs to be updated because the account has been sitting. I tried re entering my phone #, but nothing.

Thanks

Hi Erick,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
7f62d824
Community Member

Hey guys.

I have the same issue. The phone was verified on my freelance account, but I couldn't verify it on the client account (says that the phone number is already being used (therefore, I can't create any job openings). 

No way to create a ticket, as the AI chatbot simply sets you to an endless loop of ai generated answers (which is frustrating to another level). Could you please create a support ticket to help me with the issue?

Hi Laurynas,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble verifying your phone number. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4e6567bd
Community Member

I'm experiencing the same issue. Here's my problem:

I'm getting an error "phone number already in use" I probably signed up for upwork in college with a different account I no longer have access to. I need help merging accounts or deleting my old account.

Hi Michael,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
29a46933
Community Member

The problem is you all can't resolve the issue unless we still have access to the old email account which most of us don't so this whole process has taken a ton of our time and resulted in nothing being done.  Never experienced anything like this and I'm just trying to hire people!!!  

2fdd7db6
Community Member

I'm having problem where it say phone in use need help I keep going to not it's not helping keeps making me make a post need someone a person to talk with to resolve issue my phone number shouldn't be connected to another account

I'm having problem where it say phone in use need help I keep going to not it's not helping keeps making me make a post need someone a person to talk with to resolve issue my phone number shouldn't be connected to another account

Hi Danielle,

We can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
fe8532cf
Community Member

Hello moderators, I am sharing the same issue with my account. I am trying to verify my phone number but the system is claiming that it is already in use. I have closed all other accounts I have. 

3d1a21e9
Community Member

I am having an issue with my phone number, which is already in use in another account. I can't find out how to fix this or submit a support ticket.

Hi Robert,

~ Joanne
Upwork
fe8532cf
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I'm having the same problem. I haven't been able to make a ticket through the chat. Please could you help me with this?

Thank you,

Angel

ab660a4f
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I am having the same issue, can you please advise on how to resolve? I'd love to start applying to job postings but this seems to be holding me back. Thanks so much! 

AndreaG

Hi all,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach our support team directly so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. Please let us know on this thread if you need assistance with this issue and we'll be happy to help.

~Andrea
Upwork
8c54abd0
Community Member

I am having the same problem and I need to submit a support request. Where do I do that?

3beafb66
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I'm having the same issue when attempting to create my profile. Could I have a ticket for this?

ab660a4f
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 

I am having the same issue as listed above, I'm attempting to apply to a job posting and it's asking me to verify my phone number. When I type my number in, it gives me an error (I have a screenshot but it has my phone number listed on it, so please let me know privately if you'd like to see the error message). I have a client profile from a while ago that I removed my phone number from in favor of my freelancer profile, however, it's still giving me the same error regardless of having removed the number from my other profile. I've attempted to get in contact with support but the chatbot keeps me in a loop and won't allow me to connect with a real person or submit a ticket.

Greatly appreciate any help you may be able to provide! Thanks!  

Following up here, thanks!

38b0b854
Community Member

How do you possibly reach the support team? I am having this same issue and your phone number just directs me to the website, website directs me to the chat, chat directs me to this forum, and you as a support person on the forum are telling us to contact yall directly... BUT HOW??? Please help I am trying to apply for a job and only have 1 phone number my account is a client and free lancer and it wont let me proceed becuause my phone number is already in. use

Hi Jeremy,

I see you've coordinated with our support team, and a support ticket was raised. I can confirm that your case has been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. You will get an update on your ticket here once it is done. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ab660a4f
Community Member

Hi Arjay, can you please review and advise on my comment earlier in the thread? Thanks!

Community Member

can i also have a support ticket with the same issues? 1. 'phone number already exists' and 2. there is no way to create a support ticket

Thanks!

Community Member

same issue: cannot apply to a job: says that the phone number is already being used (I can't apply to any job openings).
Also this is my way of creating a help ticket, as i dont know how to do that either, thanks!

0327f806
Community Member

I have the same problem--my phone number was used with an account created a while ago that I no longer have access to, and I am trying to set up a new account but can't do that because my phone number is still attached to the old account. I tried to find some way to get help via chat, but couldn't find a path that helped.  How can I open a support ticket to resolve?  Thanks.

Hi Jon,

~ Joanne
Upwork
0e724af5
Community Member

Hi I'm having the same problem if you could please help.  Thanks!

9afb971b
Community Member

I'm so happy to see this message. No matter what I do, I keep seeing "this phone number" is already in use. The "solutions" on other posts say to contact customer service and I keep going around in circles. I hope you can help.

Thank you,

Rosa

Hi Rosa,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c3f91bd6
Community Member

Same issue here. I can't add my phone number and the support chat bot is unhelpful.

Hi Guillaume,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths