🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » my payment method has been deactivated
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
8d83ddc8
Community Member

Hello! 

I used a nickname that was accepted in the start but i now got a job offer and i need to make a withdrawl payment but it doesnt allowed my to change my name to the same of the bank account and i keep getting this message:

"Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

This is the email sent by upwork:
"The name **Edited for Community Guidelines**on your payment account has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for compliance. 
This is my name how can  it be denied?? 

Hi Rafaz,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
pishchuginvlad10
Community Member

Hello, I am facing such a problem. my name on Upwork is written in English, and my name on PayPal is in Russian, because of this I cannot verify my PayPal

Hi Vladislav,

In cases like this, it's best to allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
techcript
Community Member

I have added my company bank account and i am the owner to that company and assosicated bank account. I am getting this issue "The beneficiary name is mismatched." can you plz tell that what should i do further? i can provide my company registration/tax paying certificate.Thanks

Hi Farhan,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
af099a7a
Community Member

None of my payment methods verified it says
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account is there a solution to get all of my payments methods verified please help.

Hi James,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ghulammuhammad52
Community Member

Hello. I need help with my payment method and ID verification. I have recently started working on upwork and landed my first job a couple of weeks ago. I am also co-owner of an accounting advisory company. I added our company payoneer account to my upwork profile as my payment method. Now I get this inquiry to verify my identity which I am unable to do because the name of our company’s CEO appears on the identity verification screen. Our CEO is the contact person for our company payoneer account. Doesn’t a company payoneer account work with upwork? I do not have created my personal payoneer account yet. If company payoneer account doesn't work I am happy to add my payoneer account.

Hi Ghulam,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
fernandowalter
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm new to Upwork.

Need help on the sections or where to go on how to upload the docs to validate my LLC's account with my personal name given that the system flags a mismatch.

A step by step instruction would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Fernando

Hi Fernando Walter,

Your payment method is currently in review, please allow up to 48 hours for the review to be completed. If any further information is needed from you, our team will reach out directly via support ticket to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
efb70324
Community Member

Hi, 

My first name is Thien-Quy, but no-one uses that, just my passport and bank. Everyone calls me Quy, so I registered as Quy.

I tried to add my bank account, but the first name field does not accept hyphens. Thinking nothing of it, I re-entered it as ThienQuy. Only to be told my payment method had been deactivated as it didn't match my Upwork account name.

It won't let me delete the payment method to start again. Even if it did, I'm worried that if I put Quy, payments might not go through.

Surely I'm not the only person in all of Upwork to have a first name with a hyphen?!

Hi Quy,

I checked and it looks like your name mismatch is being reviewed. Please allow 48 hours for the team to review and they will reach out to you directly via support ticket if more information is needed.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
sparkle-creation
Community Member

Hello, I recently added my another bank account. But the problem is its shows ( the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account). I give my full name on the bank account ( Abu Jafor Shalah Md Noman). I gave my short name on Upwork (Ajsm Noman). Because My full name is very big. What can I do Now?

Hi Ajsm,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have received this message as well trying to connect PayPal. The name is the same, but the first and last names reversed. Obviously this can be quickly corrected with a manual review. The email address of my Upwork account and PayPal account are the same.

I hope the Upwork team can help me quickly resolve this.

Hi Steve,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The “manual” review did nothing to help my situation. This is a clerical error - anyone investigating this can see that. While I understand there are a multitude of regulations in regards to paying someone, I really would like this resolved.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steve,

I’m sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused. It looks like you’re communicating with our team regarding this case on your existing ticket. Please allow time for our team to respond and update the ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

it shows my upwork account beneficiary name dismatch my paypal name.

i cannot find where they are different and have no idea how to edit them

Hi Lu,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I passed the id verification on upwork account and PayPal account separately. While, when they two are attached together, you tell me they are dispatched. Pls help me with this issue.
Thank you!

Hi Lu,

I checked with the team and the name mismatch was already resolved. However, you need to allow 3 days for this withdrawal method to become active.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
131479b0
Community Member

Hello,

I get this message but names on PayPal, Upwork and my bank account are all the same.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Despot,

I checked and it looks like you were able to add your PayPal as a payment method! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

my payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match my name, but legal name it's ok

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fabi,

It looks like your beneficiary name was approved. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am facing same issue. Payment method deactivated due to benificiary name. how this issue will be resolved?

Hi Muhammad Rashid,

Please know your name mismatch can take up to 48 hours to be reviewed.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
628c00b1
Community Member

I have submitted my bank account details, and I need approval as I am using my brother's account. I know that it requires the name to be same as upwork account. But, it will take me many days to open up a new acount and I need earning right now. I earlier did messaged, but before approval I thought that it will not be approved, so I removed it, later I received the message that it is approved and will active on 19th. Kindly, see the attached picture.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hello Syed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork
mqtia
Community Member

Hello, my payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on my payment method does not match the name on my Upwork account. I’m using my nickname, Tia, instead of my full name. Is there a way I can fix this issue?

Hi Tia,

I'm pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active within 3 days from now.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork
mqtia
Community Member

thank you!

mqtia
Community Member

Hi! I’m still having this issue, likely because I actually changed my payment method. I got this message. I’m unable to verify my account because my driver’s license is currently my only form of ID and it expired last month so it doesn’t seem like I can verify my identity that way. Is there anything I can do?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Tia,

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing the same issue. Someone from our team will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
breemarie229
Community Member

I am entering my PayPal information to setup a direct payment and it keeps telling me the name doesn’t match the profile when it does. Help please

Hi Bree,

Thanks for reaching out. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
faizanrao
Community Member

Hello,

My Name is Faizan, all of my documents have the same but here my name is Faizan Rao, i verified my account month ago and it was done, now I did some jobs and add a payment method it's showing beneficiary name mismatch I edit my profile and change the name as read some same topics First name: Mr and last Name: Faizan can please tell its correct now in bank detail will also use same First Name and Last name. please help I don't want to suspend my account due to these reasons.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members