🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: United States Location Verification - Una...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
bhagatreena
Community Member

Hello Upwork team, 

I am having the issue of uploading my ID for verification. I have double checked that all qualifications were met and now it says I have reached the limit to attempt an upload. Please please help! 

Thanks. 

psewright
Community Member

Aloha,

I'm having a similar issue as stated above. A note shows above my screen whenever I want to hit Proposal such "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support." Please advise if I needed to attach my Driver's License and what would be the next step. Thank you.

Hi Patty,

We'll follow up with you about location verification via email and assist you with the process.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I'm also having the same problem! Please can someone contact me. Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana, 

Please check this message from our Customer Support Team to help you troubleshoot your ID verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
connorbeasley
Community Member

I'm also having the same issue where it didn't take my ID and then I reached the maximum alloted times to try. I can't find any way to contact customer support on this issue either. Any help would be appreciated.

Like everyone else in this thread, I too am unable to be verified via my drivers license. I am assuming it is because I used the shortened version of my name on my profile, while the license contains my full first name. Please help.

Hi Jeffrey,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Having this issue as well.  It new my old license was expired and then refused the new one.

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Patrick, 

The Customer Support Team will assist you with verifying your location. 

~ Goran
Upwork
kara-sheaffer
Community Member

I, too, need help with this.  I hope we can both find a solution.

Hi Kara,

A member of the team will reach out directly to help you complete the verification.

~Nina

I have attempted to upload my driver's license to UpWork to verify that I am a US resident. It fails to recognize my driver's license as valid. The state of Florida recently updated the look/feel of our driver's licenses, and I believe this is what is causing the issue. I do not have my old license, because they usually destroy it at the DMV once you receive a new one.

Please help!

It seems like I had an issue way back in the e-Lance days when I had a FDL. I did a video verification, maybe the mods can jump in here and see if that would help.

Thank you for that suggestion. I did not see that option when they asked me to confirm my location/upload the DL. Going to check around and see if that is an option still.

Ryan,

We'll have to wait until the review on your profile is complete to assist with uploading of your ID, thanks!

~Nina

Thank you for the heads up. In the meantime I'm taking as many tests as I can.

Good afternoon Nina,

Got approved this morning. I attempted to verify my residency again, but it still does not recognize my ID. Florida has updated their driver's license, so I believe this is the issue.

Thank you,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the Update! I will have a member of the team reach out to help with this.

~Nina

I have had the same issue, I'm waiting for someone to reach out to me.  I am out of attempts to verify my ID and I have used the same ID to verify my identity on other sites. 

Hi Nick,

We will have a member of the team reach out to you to assist with this very shortly.

~Nina

Hello Nina,

I am also in need of assistance with identity verification, it says I must contact customer support due to too many failed attempts and I have been unable to figure out how to contact customer support.

Best,

Christian

Hi Christian,

One of our agents will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Ninia

Im having the same problem.  I scaned my ID into the system and not only did it fail to let me bid on projects it has not shut off my ability to attempt to bid on projects.  I would like someone to help me get this solved ASAP

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

One of our agents reached out to you yesterday via an email support ticket when you initially reached out about this here. You can also access the ticket directly with this link.

~Nina

Nina, 

I am also having the same issue with verifying my ID. Could you please have customer support contact me?

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I submitted my ID but it said my name was wrong? I added my middle name but I dont know what is wrong. Please help mod >_<

Also says I cant submit anymore 

Having the same problem how did you submit and get them to approve you

Hi Roderick, 

You may contact our Customer Support Team directly by clicking on a the "contact Customer Support" link on any job post with a U.S. location requirement. The link should be displayed on top of the job post.

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Upwork
north_starmedia
Community Member

'You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID.'

Tried uploading both passport and Driver's Licence but both seemed to not work.

Need some admin help to get my location verified.

Hi Bronson,

We will have a member of the team assist you with completing the verification. Thank you

~Nina
aaron24medina
Community Member

im having the same problem as well, even though my id hasnt expired, please help

I'm having the same problem, can an agent reach out to verify my ID?

Thank You

Hi Scott and Aaron,

I've requested that our agents reach out to you directly to help assist you further with your ID troubles.

~Nina

No matter how many times I try to verify my ID, you guys will not take it and it is getting in the way of my money. How can I get my ID verified so I can start working as soon as possible?

Hi Sabrina,

Sorry for the inconvenience, we will request that an agent get in touch with you very shortly to assist you with completing the verification.

~Nina
csanchez131
Community Member

Hi, same hapen to m account. i tried to upload the id and now it is locked.

Hi Cesar and Hunter,

One of our team will member will reach out to you directly and assist you with the process.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hello,

I have also received difficulty with this.  Error with name on ID not matching on account, however they do.  I have tried multiple times and checked spelling and any unnecessary spacing that may have been hiding.  I have now been locked and instructed to reach out to support.  Rather frustrated that there doesn't seem to be just an email for direct contact available for me.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths