🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How do I open a support ticket?
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi AC,

One fo our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
bhank
Community Member

Thank you!

sdschmit
Community Member

I had to fix my name multiple times in my profile to match my ID, and now I am not able to upload my ID at all. It says I've reached the maximum amount of times to try. (I kept thinking it was a mistake, and tried to upload several times. Didn't realize there was a limit!!)

Thank you!

Hi Sara,

I've shared your concern about completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ximenacduarte
Community Member

Hello!

I tried to submit my ID for verification and for some reason it is not correctly reading my MN state ID.  It is valid and unexpired. What can I do to submit my ID again or through email?

Thanks!

--Mena (men-ah)

Hi Ximena,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
betsyellis39
Community Member

I was told that my maximum attempts at ID verification were reached, but have not been contacted by anyone.

How can I reach someone to help resolve this?  My IDs are from the US and current and valid. 

I am a professional who needs to earn my income online because I am not married, not disabled, and not eligible for almost any assistance whatsoever, and have some barriers to employment in offices. 

This could be the solution to some of my problems.  I am headed towards being an impoverished charity case again.   

I can do work online that I do well, if only my IDs were accepted.  Since I have no one out here in Little America to help get me home, I might as well be happy doing the work I do well.

Thank you.

Elizabeth

Hi Betsy,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sohacreative
Community Member

I am trying to apply for work, but at the top of my page it says "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."
When I click on the "Contact Customer support" link, it just takes me to a robot with no actual customer support. Can someone please help and let me know how I can fix this issue so I can start applying for jobs?

Hi Soha,

It looks like you've closed your account. If you'd like to reopen it so we could assist you please feel free to follow up via our different support channels.

~Andrea
Upwork
leonard_ondigo
Community Member

Hello,

I'm new to upwork. I have reached the maximum tries for ID verification. What should I do to get verified?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Leonard.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
manu31380
Community Member

Hello, good afternoon. 

I´m trying to verify my ID and when  I tried for last time appears:

You've reached the maximum allowable tries

You’ve reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID.

How Can I solve this problem? I have my Identification Card from Washington DC. 
Thank you. 

MA  

Hi Manuel,

I've shared your concern about completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you.

I will be waiting for.

MA
kaelaespino
Community Member

Good afternoon! I made an upwork account and only have to complete the identity verification. I did upload my ID, but when I checked again it said I have reached the maximum times to upload my verification. I know it takes up to 72 hours to verify but it has been over a week. Can someone help me with this, please?

Hi Mikaela,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
teofilo27
Community Member

I am sort of new to upwork. I have had my profile here for a bit but I had done anything with it but I am ready to get started.

You asked me to verify my identity so I uploaded my passport. The system didn't like it so now my account has been put on hold.

What is my next step please?

Hi Chad,

~ Joanne
Upwork
smarielle
Community Member

Hi,

I am having issues uploading my ID and am now out of attempst and says to contact customer support. When I try to do that it takes me to a chat bot who tells me to contact a support agent but I can't seem to figure out how to do that. Please help.

Same experience here! 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ayinde and Sonia.

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ayinde-williams
Community Member

I have a picture of my ID

For Identity Verification (Blue Tick):

Click on your profile picture and go to settings.

Click on 2nd last option that is identity verification.

You can submit your ID card there. 

You are allowed only to verify your identity after 1st job within 7 days.

martynasmoris1
Community Member

I uploaded my driver license card 3 times, but the system couldn't recognize it, so that I still couldn't verify identity.

Is there anyone who can help me?

thank you

Hi Martynas,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you Bojan

murkferoz
Community Member

Hi.
Hope this message finds you well.
I tried to upload my id, as per upwork requirement but I think your system didn’t automatically accepted my id. I think manually id needs to be check. I already have my id submitted.
Looking forward for your response.

Hi Murk,

~ Joanne
Upwork
marcie83
Community Member

I have exceeded the maximum number of attempts for uploading my ID, and therefore can't verify my ID until I upload it. Who can I contact to fix this problem?

Hi Marceline,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble with the verification process. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
debralid
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I tried verifying my identity, uploaded my driver's license but it keeps telling me that the name on my ID doesn't match the one on my upwork account, but this is not true. The names are the same.

Now I need to contact support

Hi DEBRA,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
alexandraflick
Community Member

Hello,

I took a picture of my ID to get verified but it was rejected. My account tells me to contact support. I don't care how I get verified, I just don't understand why I can't choose an alternative method?

Hi Alex,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
sam_nalli_
Community Member

I would like to do this also. I uploaded a picture of my ID in order to verfiy and haven't received anything and I want to start making proposals for jobs.  Can someone from Upwork help!

Hi Sam,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
iapatterson
Community Member

After too many ID upload attempts, I cannot upload my ID. How do I get help with this? 

Hi India,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
jennademmer
Community Member

Hello,

A hold was put on my account after I tried to upload my ID. I was wondering if a moderator could please reach out to me to handle this.

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths