🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Sean,

Please click on any job in your U.S-only feed. You should see a notification at the top of the page asking you to contact customer support with a green link. Please go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Is there any customer support for free account users?

I don't receive any response once I submit my query, and I'm having difficulty getting my driver's liscense approved.

Thank you.

L'Oreal

Hi L'Oreal,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

How do I resolve this error message.

Thank you,

LeRoy

Hi LeRoy,

Please select a job that includes the US location requirement > check the notification at the top of the page and select the "contact customer support" link in the message, which will allow you to directly contact Customer Support regarding your verifying process. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,
I have uploaded two different versions of my ID to verify but it says it's unable to verify.  My name matches my account, and it is the correct format.  Anyone else have this problem?

Hello Shannyn, 

As per checking you have already submitted a request for this issue. Our team will reach you shortly. Please check your inbox or you can check your "My request" tab for the update.

Thank you.

Untitled

Yes, I have had the same problem and it makes no sense, as my ID matches my name here in Upwork.

Hi Susan,

I see that you already have a support ticket about this issue with our team and they've provided you with more information about how you can verify your identity and location. You can find your support tickets here

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Upwork,

I am unable to find any way to email or talk to Upwork's staff directly. I need to make certain that my profile has enough verification to apply to projects in the US.

I was told that I need to verify my ID to do that.

There's no link anywhere to verify.

Please Help.

Hi Christina,

I checked your account and can confirmed that your account has been approved. Happy Upworking!

~ Jo-An

Untitled

TRYING TO GET MY ACCOUNT VERIFIED BUT MY ACCOUNT IS"an unsupported type of id" I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Terrence, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I am having trouble verifying my location. I am currently based in New Haven CT, United States with a work permit card- I have been working here for almost 4 years. However, I do not hold a state ID, drivers license and a US passport. There is no option for me to upload my US issued Employment Authorization Card. I would appreciate your help in solving this problem. 

Thanks very much,

Claire

Hi Claire,

At this time, to submit proposals for jobs with a U.S. location requirement you will need to have a valid, state-issued ID, driver’s license, green card or U.S. passport and upload an image of it to us. Unfortunately, we won't be able to verify your location with EAD card.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I recently tried to upload my driver's license to confirm my US location and gain access to US only jobs, but I got an email shortly after saying my ID was rejected and now my account is on hold. It could be because it wasn't a great quality picture or the fact that my drivers license is oriented vertically instead of the expected horizontal ID, but it is a valid state-issued driver's license. Is there a way I can try to upload a better picture and get my account unfrozen? 

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fiona,

Please select a job that includes the US location requirement > check the notification at the top of the page and select the "contact customer support" link in the message, which will allow you to directly contact Customer Support regarding your verifying process and your account hold, post any additional question directly to our team so that they could assist you further! Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, My name is Tiffany and I am new here to Upworks.

I have tried mulitple times to try to get my ID verified on upworks. My state ID is from the state of Maryland and I am currently living in PA and waiting on my ne ID, Is the 2 diffrent address the reason why it will not upload? I have been following all the rules for it to upload. I am getting kinda upset. If someone could help, that would be great. I would really like to get started with you guys. My state ID is REAL and It keeps asking for me to verify.

Thanks,

Tiffany

Hi  Tiffany and Rebecca,

Please select a job that includes the US location requirement > check the notification at the top of the page and select the "contact customer support" link in the message, which will allow you to directly contact Customer Support regarding your verifying process and your account hold, post any additional question directly to our team so that they could assist you further! Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have tried to verify my location 3 times but failed.

How can i upload my new photo ID?

I'm a freelancer who wants to access US jobs. I am in the United States, but Upwork wants me to upload government-issued ID. It costs around $50 to get an ID card, and I don't have that kind of money right now.

Is there a way for me to access US jobs without uploading government-issued ID?

Hi Logan,

In order to verify their location, a freelancer needs to provide a state ID, driver's license, U.S. passport or greencard. Unfortunately, it's not possible to verify location without one of those documents but you can still have access to all the jobs in the marketplace that don't have U.S.-only requirement.

~ Valeria
Upwork

"you can still have access to all the jobs in the marketplace that don't have U.S.-only requirement"

Your marketing of the US-only requirement makes this hard. Every job I'm interested in has this pesky US requirement. I'm blocked off from all of them because I don't have an ID card.

"it's not possible to verify location without one of those documents"

That's a fault in your system, and I believe you need to hire a developer to fix that.

I guess I'll just have to buy a state ID for f@(&king $50 once I earn a bit on here thanks to your requirement. I just can't express how unhappy I am with this.

I have never been prompted to verify my location and when I try to apply for a job I get the following message.

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

How do I verify my location?

Thanks

Patricia,

We'll have one of our support agents reach out to you directly and assist with verification.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello,

I can't get my location verify either. I upload my DL multiple times and always get a error or fail. 

Hi Michael,

We see that you already have a support ticket for this issue. One of our agents will assist you directly via that ticket.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I uploaded my drivers license for verification and I received a failed because my name did not match. On my Drivers License I have my first, middle and last name. There is no spot on this sight to add my middle name. I need some help please.

Hi Utopia,

One of our team member will reach out to you via ticket. Please respond directly to that ticket and post any questions you have. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

You can click on a job post with a U.S. location requirement, and you should see a link to directly contact our Customer Support Team from there. Please click on a link to be able to file a ticket, and they will get back to you through the same ticket thread.

Md Arafat

My account has been placed on hold after I uploaded my ID and UpWork was unable to verify it. I was told to contact customer service and am currently stuck in a never ending loop of "FAQ" links. Can anyone advise next steps? Thank you in advance for your help.

It's so sad to know you're having problems with verifications, although at least now I know I'm not the only one.

Depending on how old your account is and how many jobs you've completed, it may take a while for customer service to reach out, usually they don't take more than a day to answer back.

Ask for a Video Verification, they'll call you and you just have to prove you are yourself

Hi Alli,

I checked and I see that you already have a ticket about this issue. Our Customer Support team will update you directly via that ticket about the status of your location verification.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

After providing my Identification for authentication I was informed that authentication failed, then the account was put on hold.

Hi Michael,

Please click on any job in your U.S-only feed. You should see a notification at the top of the page asking you to contact customer support with a green link. Please go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Getting this error:

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

Hi Chun,

Please, click on "contact customer support" link you see in that notification and it'll take you directly to the support ticket submission form. The team will then assist you with the location verification process.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have tried about 12 times to upload my license and now I'm not able to even try anymore. I'm just taking a picture of it flat and it's saying it's invalid. Can someone please help me or tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Hi Kelsey,

I see that you already have a support ticket about your location verification and one of our agents will assist you with the process directly via that ticket.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
amwl
Community Member

Hi,

I have been asked to submit verification of my identity, but every time I try, I get the same message--that the picture I'm trying to submit can't upload because of a problem with the system. My account has now been locked, and I can't accept a job from one of my repeat clients until the verification problem is solved. Is there somewhere I can email the picture of my ID or some other way to submit it? What should I do?

Thanks!

Amanda L

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths