cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Highlighted
Umar S Member Since: Apr 2, 2020
4181 of 4,317

Hello there! I also have the same problem. Is it possible to make a video call for the identity verification?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4182 of 4,317

Hi Umar,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Umar S Member Since: Apr 2, 2020
4183 of 4,317

I think the agent got it on a different email. That email was from an Upwork profile that has been compromised and I closed it a few years back. It should be sent to this email instead. This is the current profile I'm trying to get it verified. The previous profile was not even verified and then it got compromised, so I closed that one. the email is **edited for Community Guidelines**

. Thank you!

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4184 of 4,317

Hi Umar, 

It looks like you already responded to your open ticket regarding this concern. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to update the same ticket thread so that the team handling your case can assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Robin S Member Since: Apr 6, 2020
4185 of 4,317

I have a clear, unedited photo of my ohio-issued driver's license, and the identity verification system is telling me that my license-type is unsupported.  I don't know how to move forward.

Also, the name on my driver's license is no longer my legal name, but I have the appropriate paperwork from my local municipal court dictating the name change. Please help

**Edited for community guidelines**

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4186 of 4,317

Hi Robin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Robin S Member Since: Apr 6, 2020
4187 of 4,317

Thank you; I'll be waiting

Highlighted
Maryam N Member Since: Apr 5, 2020
4188 of 4,317

Hello,

I am an international student in the U.S.A. I have social security number. My question is that am I eligible to work as a freelancer in UpWork? If yes, can I fill a tax form too?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4189 of 4,317

Hi Maryam,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
DONGGI K Member Since: Apr 6, 2020
4190 of 4,317

I have the EAD (Employment authorization card) from USCIS and the SSN as well. But the verification page shows no option to verify with EAD at the moment. Is there any way to proceed with the verification process using EAD?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS