🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Joshua,

Sorry to hear you ran into issues with verification. One of our team member will reach out to you directly and assist you with the process.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Please help, I don't recall ever trying to verify location. Can you reach out, please? Thank you. - Luke

ethanf727
Community Member

I'm going to be honest I am really angry at your lack of ability to help me. I wanted to use this side to help me find freelance projects. I kind of understand your reason for requesting me to scan a photo ID into the system. I SCANNED A PHOTO ID INTO THE SYSTEM AT LEAST 3 TIMES and your system refused to accept the image as a photo ID. now I can't even try to accept jobs on this sight. I want you to tell me what I have to do in order to get to accept job posted on here .Thank Ethan Fleming

Hi Ethan,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the trouble you encountered in uploading your ID. I've requested that one of our representatives get in touch with you to further assist you in completing this process, and you'll hear from them directly via an email ticket.

~Nina

I got an Email from someone who said tha situation was resolved but it wasn't.  I emaild them back and got no reply.  What can I do to deal with this.

Thank You

Ethan

Hello Ethan,

I just checked your account and I could see that our team responded to your ticket regarding your location verification. Kindly check your email inbox or check it directly here. Thank you.

Untitled

Hi all,

I got my profile almost complete! However, I am hitting a snag with the identity verification. It says I've tried the upload too many times and now am maxed out and have to contact support. I guess that is this community? Can anyone help me figure out my next steps to get my ID verified so I can start looking for jobs? 

Many thanks in advance for your help! 

Chris and Kerry,

We'll have a representative reach out to both of you individually for further assistance with this.

~Nina

I haven't received a new ID verification link -- I only get the replies of every moderator to a new post on a common thread...

Hi Chris,

Please use this link to find the most recent communication from our agent, in which there should be a link to upload. Let us know if this doesn't work.

~Nina

I still haven’t received any link to upload my ID again — can someone email it to me?

Hi Chris,

An agent just reached out to you via a support ticket which should go directly to your email but also can be acessed this way. Let us know if you need additional help.

~Nina

I cannot upload any ID for verification.  Please help.

I have been locked out of my account for attempting to upload a photo of my identification too many times.

Help?

Hi Amy and Rebecca,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to further assist you with your ID verifications.

~Nina

So,  apparently I had two accounts.  I deleted one of them and wanted to verify my other one (since I only need one).  But when I tried to upload my ID to verify, I get this: "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.   " 

Please help!

Novella, I have also requested that one of our team members reach out to you as well.

~Nina

I need help. I cannot upload my driver's license to upwork. I need to do this in order to verify my location here in the US. Can some one please reset the 'maximum number of tries' so I an upload my driver's license.

Another problem is that every post I have made on the upwork forum is marked as spam immediately. This has made it impossible to get help.

Hi Emmanuel,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We'll have someone reset this for you and reach out with another link for you to upload your ID document.

~Nina

I uploaded my ID but was not able to get past the verification. 

Hi Sterling,

One of our agents will get in touch with you very shortly to help assist you with the verification.

~Nina
c_clendening
Community Member

I've also been locked out for the same reason, I tried to upload my ID too many times and have been locked out. 

I've been locked out for the same reason also and am unable to find a way to directly contact support about getting this cleared up.

I am having the same issue - it is telling me my ID is not a valid format and ran out of attempts. Please let me know if someone can assist me.

Hi Luis,

I'll ask someone from our team to reach out to you and assist you with verifying your location.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
veronicanoelle
Community Member

Same problem. Can someone please contact me?

Thanks!

Hi Veronica,

We'll have a member of the team reach out to you to assist you with the verification.

~Nina

I am having troubles uploading my ID it keeps saying that it will not take it.

Hi Jacob,

I'll also have one of our agents reach out to you to assist you with the verification upload.

~Nina

Getting this error:

I keep getting an error message- cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

Let me know. 

There are two people on your profile photo. You may want to fix this before being suspended.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

That is not what has caused my suspension. What caused my suspension is not accepting the my I.D. Who do I email my I.D too?

Hi Jessica,

One of our agents will reach out to assist you with uploading your document. Please also note that your profile pic needs to be a clear shot of your face and cannot include other people in the photo. Thanks!

~Nina

I have changed my pic. What email address do I email my I.d too?

Jessica,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via en email ticket with a link for you to use to upload your ID>

~Nina

Good day,

I am attempting to verify my location by uploading my state issued ID card, but when I upload, it is telling me that it does not support my ID type even though my ID type is in the list of supported ID types.

Help?

Hi Michael,

One of our agents will get in touch with you to assist with uploading your ID, thanks!

~Nina

So far thoroughly disappointed with this site, this is easily solved with a live chat feature, or a support ticket. This seems like nothing more than a forum cop-out of said feature. 

Have taken a clear photo of my ID, it does not recognize it, and now I have tried the max number of times.

Hi Jeremy,

Our team is currently working on adjusting the support options to allow users to reach customer support for direct assistance upon encountering these errors when attempting to upload ID. In the meantime, I've requested one of our team members get in touch with you to help.

~Nina

Thank you for your timely reply!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths