🐈
» Forums » Support » Your account is suspended. Please check your ...
Page options
hk1997
Community Member

Account Suspended

Please resolve my issue !!
I am not able to submit proposals as it says "you can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended.".
However, when I submitted an appeal to unsuspend my account they responded that my account is not suspended. Please resolve my issue.
I'm not getting a proper support on this. I've been only asked to clear cache & cookies & I've tried it several times but doesn't work. Also, the same issue persists on mobile app. There must be a technical issue then. Please investigate this matter.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Hassaan,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,779 REPLIES 1,779
99ad3ab0
Community Member

i get this message anytime i try to login into my account

"Your account is suspended. Please check your email for more information or contact Customer Support."

please what should i do? is my account permanently blocked all i did was opt for visual verification after getting paid for by a client 

Community Member

Hi

I have 11 connects but I can't apply to any job. Can someone help me?
Also why can't I buy connects even though I have money in my upwork account

Thanks
Pau

Pau, did you try a different browser? or clear the cookies of the browsers and then try. I hope this problem will sort it out. 

Otherwise, connect with the Upwork support team. They will help you in this regard. 

Javed Aslam

It's still not working 🥲🥲

Hi Jon,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
2d012b02
Community Member

Be aware guys , Some bogus client who advertise their project on Facebook or messenger are scammers / fraudsters. They will asked your email address and password to log in to your account and steal your Up work platform. I was victimized by these scammers and I made a complaint just to lift up my suspension on upwork platform. I'm waiting for a decision. Hopefully my Upwork platform will be unblock so that I can work on it. 

Hi Patrick Arlan,

I'm sorry to learn about this disappointing and unpleasant experience. I can see that you've been in contact with the relevant team and raised several support tickets about your case. Please allow our team time to further review and we highly suggest you continue coordinating with them through a single ticket on this page so that they could assist you accordingly.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
4c5cad6f
Community Member

Hi upwork ..

I m here to discuss a problem that my father account get permanently suspended after video verification interview as he don't know english well and he couldn't answer so well in english he seeks google translator help to understand the english even but your agents blocks his account permanently and there is 1500$ earning in his account atleast let him withdrawal of his funding from his upwork account request id # 40678240 kindly look up to this matter we are so worried about this matter.

Hi Shan,

I'm afraid that we won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations.
Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
0b7a76dc
Community Member

My account was suspended. I followed the instructions given to me by Upwork twice. But both times have been rejected. I want to know why they are being rejected repeatedly. Please unsuspended my account as soon as possible.

Hi Saad,

Thank you for your message. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
scssguru
Community Member

I can't seem to get this resolved.

Your financial account - has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.

It doesn't specify which payment method is the problem so I am unable to resolve it.

Please advise.

Hi Moheen,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
4b43cbdd
Community Member

Hi,

I was suspended after disputing payment for a job posted under my fathers Upwork account that was approved by one of my client accounts. This happened in 2022. I have since updated my billing info and told the credit card company and PayPal to resolve the incident on their end as I will pay the bill for my father. It's been 2 weeks since I cleared the dispute status and my Upwork client accounts are still showing the same error.

can someone please look into my case?

Hi David,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1d829fb1
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi, 

My upwork account has been suspended because I did some irregular activities.

I am a developer and working for databases, data scraper, data project. And I think I did not do any irregulars activity before.

I have submitted the identity verification. Can you let me know when my submittion be approved?
I am scared of being permanently banned because Upwork is only one way for me to work :((

I appreciate all of your helps!

Thank you

Hi Tran,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already replied to your support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
1d829fb1
Community Member

Hi Andrea,
Thank you for your answer!

By the way, How do I know which activity I did irregularly recenlty. I just want to know and fix that.

What if the support team respond too late?. And will my account be blocked permanently?

Thank you!

sello12
Community Member

Hi, 

I havent been able to access my account for the past week. 

My old email address was hacked. I answered all the security questions and forwarded my Passport. 

Does Upwork operate on weekends? Also, I was told I'd get an answer in 10 hours on wednesday and took 3 days to respond from initial email sent, gave my boss that timeline and because I havent logged in yet, they closed the contract. 

Please help to get this sorted by today! I'm losing out in work and have money stuck in upwork because of this 

You cannot. Support ticket, an week to answer. No other ways now.

Hi Marsello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
morrisonanele
Community Member

My Upwork account was suspended due to a violation of Upwork terms of service I have replied to the thread and has promised to follow up Upwork terms and service and  have gone through the Upwork terms and conditions and I promise to follow it accordingly I promise not to contact any freelancer directly before starting there contract

Please kindly remove the restrictions placed on my account and I promise not to violate Upwork rules again
Thanks for your kindly response 
Kindly reach out to the agent incharge of my ticket to respond and remove the restrictions 

Hi Morrison,

Thank you for reaching out. As you've mentioned, there's already a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Additionally, to help us streamline the process, please refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This allows our team to assist you more efficiently and get you the best possible outcome faster. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3be048a2
Community Member

I am writing regarding problems with account suspension
We were ublocked and then blocked again. 

We moved to Poland, registered a legal entity + are listed among Poland's business harbour program as partners **Edited for Community Guidelines**

and of course, we support Ukraine and brave Ukrainians **Edited for Community Guidelines**

How can we unblock our account?

The owner accoun the following **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I am posting it for the second time because Request #40603431 wasn't solved. 
Your support team said to contact them using mail connected to the above-mentioned account. But noone has answered on these mails. 

Please, can you create a ticket or request but use this mail for contacts      **Edited for Community Guidelines**
???

Hi Igar,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We certainly understand your concern. I've escalated your concern and request to the team handling your case. Please allow them time to further review and you will be getting an update on the same ticket here once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3be048a2
Community Member

Hi, your support team market the ticket as "closed", but we still don't have understanding why were we blocked and what can we do to unblock the account. 

fe644694
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Upwork didn't send me any notice so I don't know what was wrong with my account?? Some one help plsssss

Hi Pham,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
0b347e3f
Community Member

I have the same issue. When I try to make an app the site says my account is suspended. When I appeal, I get an email saying my account is still active. The ticket is marked as resolved, yet it is not resolved. This is a major issue Upwork, how does this even happen?

Hi Joshua, 

I checked and it seems that you already created a support regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4bc8baf0
Community Member

Hi, 

My upwork account has been suspended because I did some irregular activities, but I think I did not do any irregulars activity before.

I am scared of being permanently banned because Upwork :(((( I need some help, please!

Thank you

Hi Dang,

You should contact the Upwork support team. They will help you with this.

Thanks

Thank you, how can I contact them? Can you guide me?

Hi Dang,

I can see that one of our team members has already reached you via a support ticket for the same issue. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

How can I access to Upwork team members if I have additional questions regarding my concern? I've received the support ticket but I can't reply it. Is there any way that I can chat to the supporters?

Hi Dang,

Thank you for the follow-up questions. You can also respond to the email notification sent to the registered email address for the same support ticket. This will create a follow-up ticket to allow you to communicate with the team directly for the same issue. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for replying me. I still have a question that I haven't received any email yet, that's the reason why I was unable to understand being banned. Can you send me another email so that I can communicate with the team?

Best regards.

I have followed up with the team handling your account and requested to initiate a new support ticket for you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them directly on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
27cfad15
Community Member

Hello!

My account good verified with the blue tick, than after 1 day it got suspended i try to talk to support but no response.

anyone here who could help?

Thanks

Nope. Only via ticket you have created.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths