🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Suspended
Page options
hk1997
Community Member

Account Suspended

Please resolve my issue !!
I am not able to submit proposals as it says "you can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended.".
However, when I submitted an appeal to unsuspend my account they responded that my account is not suspended. Please resolve my issue.
I'm not getting a proper support on this. I've been only asked to clear cache & cookies & I've tried it several times but doesn't work. Also, the same issue persists on mobile app. There must be a technical issue then. Please investigate this matter.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Hassaan,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,779 REPLIES 1,779
b74e5fcd
Community Member

Today I had a problem getting SMS code to login to my account. Suddenly I got locked out, I've reported it and I was told Upwork support can't verify my account. Everytime I login it says my account has been suspended and when I filed a dispute, Upwork replied that they either could not find my account or my account is still active. I still have funds to withdraw and I still have an active contract right now. Please help. I just created this new account so I can post here. Thank you!

Hi Denise,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account you are referring to?

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, thank you for responding. Unfortunately, I can't figute out how to send you a message.

Update: I just received an email with ticket number 46163651. I was given a link but I am unable to access because I can't login to my account.

jyob30
Community Member

Hi, 

Received an email to reactivate my account and was successfully reactivated it however when I try to login it says "Your account is suspended. Please check your email for more information or contact Customer Support ." Been having issues with account since yesterday. Tried to file an Appeal but received an email "However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended)."Please help asap. I have an active contract and work to do" If need Ids, or any verification I will send them all. 
Ticket#:  #46153096 

Thanks!

b74e5fcd
Community Member

Please help. Ticket number 46163651

Thanks!

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for reaching out. The ticket you shared is under a different account than the one you're using to post. Are you reaching out on behalf of someone else? If so, please advise this person that the team assigned to their ticket will continue to assist them and follow up within the next 24 to 48 hours. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jyob30
Community Member

Hi LuiggiR,

Thanks for the response. Yes. I did sent the message on her behalf since she can't login to her account. 
It's been more than 24hours. She needs help as she has an active contract. Ticket #  (#46152660 ). As per her she was successfully reactivated it "Your account has been successfully reactivated. You can now use it to log in" then when trying to login she received a message saying it is suspended. Please help.

Hi Jerry,

My name is Joanne, and I'm responding here on behalf of Luiggi. It seems like you are following up on the status of a ticket for someone else. We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. Please have her check the ticket directly or the email associated with her Upwork account, as the same information will be sent there. The team will be assisting her directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
jyob30
Community Member

Hi JoanneP,

Thanks fot the response.

We tried to check the ticket directly however we received a message "

Oh! It looks like that page has moved." 

We don't want to send a follow up on the email we received because it might go to the back of the queue. Arnold E. was the one who sent the email but till now no update. Ticket number https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/46152660  

Should she create a new acct so that she can login and report this issue and get the update since you cant share the information due to privacy?

Please help. It's already 48hours.

Hi Jerry,

Please have her check the ticket directly or the email address associated with her Upwork account, as the same information will be sent there. The team will be assisting her directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
jyob30
Community Member

Hi JoanneP,

Yes. We did but can't open the ticket because we received an error 

Oh! It looks like that page has moved.

jyob30
Community Member

Hi Joanne please help. No one is updating about her issue. It been more than 48hours. She can't view the update via the link due to error message, Can you please escalate this? Thanks!

b74e5fcd
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, would you be able to help me with my ticket as well? Ticket 46163651. This is my account that got suspended. I just created this new account so I can post. I was told to check the ticket for updates but I am not able to do that because I don't have any access to my original account anymore.

Hi Denise,

Thanks for sharing this with us. You should be able to access the ticket even if you can't access the account. You should've received a notification to the email associated with the account and be able to communicate with the team through your email. Could you please check on that and let us know if you are still having trouble? Check your spam/junk folder if it's not in your primary mailbox. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jyob30
Community Member

Hi LuiggiR,

Just wanted to follow up on this ticket  (#46152660 ) still havent received any update. It's been 2days already (48hrs). Please escalate

jyob30
Community Member

It's exactly 48hours now. Still haven't receive any update. Please help. Ticket # 46152660 

jyob30
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Any update on this? She havent receive any update thru email. Can you please escalate this ticket?

256e79df
Community Member

My account is now locked because it says my security question answer was incorrect but it was the correct answer. I'm not unable to login and haven't received any contact from support as I have funds attached to the account. I have created a ticket but received no response or follow up. Hoping to get help and verify my identity as quick as possible. The only way I was able to make this post was on a separate account. My main account is not accessible. 

Hi Saijean,

Can you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to look into it. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0dfbb202
Community Member

I just set up a new account and added a credit card.  One credit card was not accepted, so I entered another card which was acccepted.  Then noticed a banner at the top of my account that stated "We have permanently blocked your account".  I can find no way to submit a ticket or appeal.  Not a great experience so far.  I'm just looking for web design, I'm not sure what I did to have my account locked...  This is wasting my time as well. 

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2a87c86d
Community Member

My account says suspended, no idea why? Absolutely ridiculous that you can't speak to anyone about this. Need this fixing today or i'm going to use Fiverr instead.

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear about your account suspension. You could try reaching out to support to discuss this matter. I'm sure the support team will assist you in understanding the exact reason and help you resolve it.

chatbot doesn't let you speak to a human. You have to open a suspension appeal form and if you read on here it takes months. Upwork customer support is awful.

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear you were having trouble reaching out to support about this. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
630d572f
Community Member

hi team my account is temporarily suspended 12 days ago but i dont get any response from your side i am submitted the ticket regarding this but i have not receive any email . please active my account . 

Thankyou 

Mahender Kumar 

Hi Mahendra,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The team has recently shared an update via your support ticket with them. Kindly refer to your ticket for more information and don't hesitate to follow up with them if you have questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
37f44b08
Community Member

Unfortunately, I forgot the security question answer. Can you please help me to update the security answer?

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Javed,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6dada65d
Community Member

it is not possible to find someone for ask a question. if you have problem here find new account because they wont solve your problem. it is suspended account without reason. i am trying since 2 motnhs but there is no result. not possible to connect to a human. just opening tickets and your tickets will stay there no answer no progress no explanation nothing

Hi Oruchan,

I'm sorry you haven't been able to get in touch with support regarding your issue. We've escalated your Community post via a support ticket and one of our agents will be getting in touch with you soon to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
79a7692f
Community Member

Upwork was accepting my card without a problem until I had no funds to cover for a contract by hour, I added funds to my account and upwork is now declining my card "error". I contacted my bank and they said its upworks issue, any card I add now it doesnt work. It's been almost 72 hours since the ticket from live chat support, still no response, and now I am getting emails from upwork to solve this issue before I get some restrictions. My contract with a freelancer has been paused because of this, and you are making me lose money now. Thank you very much upwork for your lovely bugs and support team. I am limited for your own mistakes and bugs.

how can i help am a freelancer

Hi Ljubisa,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The team has responded to your ticket with an update regarding your billing method. Kindly refer to their message for more information and don't hesitate to follow up with them if you have questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jyob30
Community Member

I am writing in behalf of my finance since she can't login using her account. Can we please get an update with this ticket#46152660. It's been more than 48hours and we still havent received any details. She badly need to access her account since she has an active contract. Thanks!

8023c789
Community Member

Hello,

I got permanantly banned from my account when all I did was request a review for my work. If I cannot do that, what can I do? Please give me back access to my acocunt. I had an ongoing order and I already paid, but have not yet released payment to the freelancer. I will not release till I get my account back as I need her to clarify some points. I need my account back now. This is not fair. Please investigate nicely and do the right thing.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. An agent has responded to your ticket and will continue to assist you from there. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a4066a44
Community Member

Hi, I just created my a week ago and was working on my first contract, when our account was suddenly suspended without any notice or email. This is completely disruptive for a small business like our as we counted on finishing our logo and profile yesterday. 

Can you please assist how to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
390c3e13
Community Member

Hello Upwork community,

My account was suspended over two weeks ago for 'paying myself'. I have given an explanation for this incident, and reached out multiple times with Upwork support, but haven't had any response. Does anyone know what I should do about this?

Thank you,
Will Hawkins

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths