🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Suspended
Page options
hk1997
Community Member

Account Suspended

Please resolve my issue !!
I am not able to submit proposals as it says "you can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended.".
However, when I submitted an appeal to unsuspend my account they responded that my account is not suspended. Please resolve my issue.
I'm not getting a proper support on this. I've been only asked to clear cache & cookies & I've tried it several times but doesn't work. Also, the same issue persists on mobile app. There must be a technical issue then. Please investigate this matter.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Hassaan,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,779 REPLIES 1,779
02745f55
Community Member

Dear Arjay,

Thank you for your prompt response! Is there any expectations to obtain a reply to the emails sent? Since what makes me feel anxious is that it looks like my issue is not being evaluated. 

I will continue waiting for the support. Thank you for the guidance provided.

ernt
Community Member

Hello, I attempted to purchase more connects, but encountered errors. Despite this, I managed to secure a client and completed the work. However, when I tried to buy more connects again, I received the following message: "Your account has been limited. Please contact customer support." I've already completed my ID verification but haven't received any response yet. This situation is incredibly frustrating. I didn't expect Upwork to be this complicated and unfriendly to users. Please assist me in resolving this matter.

Hi Ernestine,

I am sorry to learn about the trouble you faced while purchasing Connects. I checked your account and I see that your account is placed on hold while we wait for you to verify your account. You can proceed with the verification from the Settings page.

- Pradeep

Upwork
ernt
Community Member

Hello Pradeep,

Thank you.

I've completed the verification process, but I haven't received any updates yet. Could you please let me know how long it typically takes for identification verification to be processed? I've attached a screenshot of the credentials I've submitted for your reference. This marks the fourth time I've submitted my Alien ID, and I'm eager to know when I can expect it to be verified.

Thank you for your assistance. Looking forward to your prompt response

Hi Ernestine,

After submitting the required documents, a review can take up to 48 hours to complete. If you don't receive any updates after that time, please let us know so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ernt
Community Member

Hello,

Thank you for verifying my account. However, I'm disappointed to report that despite verification, I'm still encountering difficulties purchasing Connect. I've attached a screenshot displaying the error message I'm receiving. Additionally, there seems to be an issue with my tax information. When I input my personal identification number, I receive an error stating that the format is incorrect. It's worth noting that I am not yet a taxpayer in my country of residence. Furthermore, I'm unable to purchase the "available" badge as it indicates, "You can't turn on this badge because your profile is set to private or unavailable." I kindly request assistance in resolving these issues promptly. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ernestine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
ernt
Community Member

Hello,

I appreciate your response. It's been 10 hours since I reached out for assistance, but I haven't received any support from your team yet. Could you please inform me of the expected wait time?

daff1991
Community Member

Hey there! 

I have been trying to update my profile all week and it is not working. When in the edit profile area, all icons are unclickable and I am unable to make changes in any area of the profile.

When I select "see public view" it says "this profile is not longer available"

Any suggestions? I already did the reset profile visbility step 24 hours ago... so its clearly not that. 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Stacey,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
77e9559f
Community Member

My account has been permanently locked and I have no idea why. I didn't receive any email notification to explain why my account was locked. As a result, my money is now sitting in the escrow. Can you please advise me on how to retrieve my money back?

Hi Dimitri,

I checked your account and saw that one of our agents contacted you through a support ticket to provide more information about your account status. It looks like the limitation on your account has been lifted. You should be able to access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
3e5c8f87
Community Member

It has been a week and hasn't resolved the issue. When will it be resolved?

Hi Stephanie Nicole,

I checked your account and want to confirm that the limitation has already been lifted. You may like to log out of your account and log back in to check. You may also want to log in using a different browser or after clearing your cache and cookies. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
3e5c8f87
Community Member

Still unable to submit proposal due to suspension. 

c7174338
Community Member

I keep getting this error message when trying to post a job -  'We're unable to post your job because your company has been suspended. Contact Upwork Support for more information.

I have no outstanding payments to be payed, my card is working fine and has money in the account, my adress and phone number is in the account also? Why does this keep happen and can someone help?!

Hi Tom, might be just a bug, try clearing your browser cache and cookies or try using a different browser. If that doesn't help I suggest you contact support at https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Hi Tom,

I checked your account and saw that our verification team contacted you via a support ticket. It looks like they have requested that you complete the verification process. Please check the ticket here and kindly follow the instructions they have provided. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
pbulos
Community Member

She cant login her account and we cant access chat support for immediate action. Top rated plus with 3 active contracts. Instead of just doing our jobs with our clients here we are having problems with upwork which we should not have with no apparent reasons wasting time to reach out and we dont even know the reasons. A fast response and resolution is what we need but theres no support currently available.

Check the recent ticket on my account to see the information regarding this post. We need immediate action before another work week starts.

Whats happening with upwork? No more 24hours live support?

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry she was having trouble contacting support about her account. I see that you were able to raise a support ticket on her behalf. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
75201c8c
Community Member

Please help me how to reactivate my account.

Because it is suspended 😞

Hi John Michael,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e40d4d3d
Community Member

I am also receving this error now as well.  We're unable to post your job because your company has been suspended. Contact Upwork Support for more information.

I have updated all the billing and payment methods on the account and have current contracts and Upwork is still billing me but I cannot post my job?  I have been trying to find and follow community suggestions but I am not finding anything. 

e40d4d3d_0-1710006432622.png

Hi Bryan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
02745f55
Community Member

On Monday, March 4th my Upwork account was suspended, up to date Upwork has not been providing any support or at least try to help. 

I'm losing a lot of money and I'm losing time. It's been a week that I'm not able to track my work hours.

I try in so many different ways to obtain your support, how hard could it be to assist a user with a suspended account? I created this account just to beg for your help. This is the second time I post in the forum, my main email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I beg for your support, I'm an active user with an active contract and I'm losing so much time and so much money. Please please provide the support and help me to reactive my account.

I'm reallyd desperate now, because I received an email that my issue will be review, but that was all and it was 2 days ago. I need your help please!

Please I am waiting for an update on my ticket (#45898548), it's been over 4 days since I got a response from support 

We have the same issue with our Agency account, PLEASE someone help us!! We need support to contact us!

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Paola,

I see several support tickets were raised about your main account concerns. We highly recommend that you continue coordinating with the team through an active ticket on this page and your email if you have questions or need further assistance.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets with the same concern so that the team can assist you more efficiently. Thank you for reaching out.

~ Arjay
Upwork
07603d1e
Community Member

There is request to members and Upwork team insist me in this regard . Although I have payment in Escrow . What about it?. If issue is not resolved how to get back money from escrow.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-10 at 15.23.33_a907d59e.jpg

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5bcd012d
Community Member

Dear  Upwork Trust & Safety Team,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Priyanka, and I have been an active member on Upwork for the past 10 years. I recently received the notification about the permanent suspension of my account, and I understand that this decision was made due to difficulties in verifying certain information.

I would like to express my genuine concern and request an opportunity to rectify any issues that may have led to this situation. I am committed to complying with Upwork's Terms of Service and would appreciate any guidance or clarification on the specific information that was challenging to confirm.

Additionally, I would like to address the matter of funds on my account. If there are concerns about a violation, I am open to discussing any discrepancies and ensuring a fair resolution. I value the professional relationships I have built on Upwork over the years and am eager to resolve any misunderstandings.

I kindly ask for a reconsideration of the decision to permanently suspend my account, as I am dedicated to upholding Upwork's standards and continuing my freelance work on the platform. I appreciate your time and attention to this matter and would be grateful for any assistance you can provide.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Priyanka

Hi Priyanka,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your Upwork account. I see that you're already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
bff7f630
Community Member

My account is temporarily suspended but I have not received any email about it. Also, there is no message about suspension in My Requests. I am unable to send proposals. This is affecting me financially. Please help urgently.

Hi Ujala,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your Upwork account. I see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello team,

Unfortunately, a representative did contact me but provided no details as
to the reasons my account was suspended. I replied and detailed my
concerns; however, no response or resolution has been received in the past
72 hours. I urge you to nudge them as my earnings are stuck in the account
and I have expenses to pay. Thank you.

Hi Ujala,

I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
bff7f630
Community Member

As of 11th March, 2024, I've been notified that my account has been suspended. Unfortunately, I have not received detailed information regarding the specific reasons behind this action. This suspension has come as a surprise to me, and I am keen to understand any possible oversights or violations that may have led to this situation. Could you please assist me regarding the suspension?

My primary goal is to ensure compliance with Upwork's policies and to continue contributing positively to the Upwork community. I look forward to your guidance and hope for a swift resolution to this issue.

Hi Ujala,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
0bfd86ca
Community Member

Hello team, i have the following issue.

My company profile has been blocked after i updated all the details like email adreess.

When i try to reactivate my account i don't receive any email in my mailbox, i also looked in the spam folder but there is nothing.

Please assist because i have ppl i want to hire and i can't.

Urgent issue!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths