🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Suspended Due To Suspicious Activity
Page options
yatchvi
Community Member

Account suspended

My account has been suspended, I just made my account few weeks ago, I was inactive for a while. But today, I checked the account and boom, it has been suspended. Please let me know what is the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

917 REPLIES 917
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joshua,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kaunghtoo
Community Member

Hi, My account has been suspended and after I look through the guidelines , i found the profile picture is invalid and I changed the new one. I would like to know when will the account suspended solved. 

Thanks,

k htoo

Hi K, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
kaunghtoo
Community Member

Noted with thanks.

41fbb186
Community Member

Hello 

I received an email about my financial transactions being limited because Upwork has to verify my identity verification and know about the nature of work with my client. I have provided all documents demanded through email for id verification and proofs of work with my client and how I met my client. 

This morning my id was verified successfully and I was informed that all my documents has passed the review and my identity is verified now. But that message about your financial transactions have been limited is still appearing after 12 hours of completed verification. When I wanted to to check my financial account, they said my financial account has been suspended. That's so worrying, I didn't violate any terms of service yet my financial account remains suspended. Please help me how could I sort it out.

Kind Regards

Hi Aamir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
kaleemovick
Community Member

I live in Pakistan and that's what my account setting says, yet my account is suspended for the alleged reason of "you live in Russia", I don't, I've nothing to do with Russia, Belarus or Ukraine, why would upwork suspend my account? I received this in an email.

"Because you are located within Russia or Belarus, your account is affected by these actions. This means that as of March 7 you will not be permitted to enter into any new contracts on the Upwork platform or otherwise use Upwork to create jobs or apply for work."

This is ridiculous and frustrating,

Upwork sucks.

Thats sad to know. But are you sure that you have not used your upwork account on VPN or proxy server?

Hi Kaleem,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the hold placed on your account. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you
Pradeep

Upwork
pichraby
Community Member

My account is suspended and they want me to remove my Payoneer account and verify my ID. I already remove my Payoneer account and I tried opening up a ticket to verify my ID, but I can't seem to find a way. I can only check my previous ticket history. I've been surfing around the platform to find UpWork email support, but there isn't any?

Hi Raby,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket here. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
abf7ed5b
Community Member

Hi, I'm Mostafa from Portugal, My account has been suspended and the message indicates that Upwork sent an email explaining the issue, but I've checked and there is no email from Upwork. also, all forms of communication to Upwork support are being dined for me, and I couldn't even post something here, yet along to contact support or any form of direct communication, I just want to know how am I supposed to follow up on my issue when Upwork blocks me in every form of communication and support possible.

Hi Leon,

This looks like a new account. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
abf7ed5b
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines** this is the email address for the previous account.

sergiozelaya15
Community Member

Last week you guys suspended my account due to a claim that supposedly I'm the one giving out my contact information when clearly the clients are the ones giving out their information and here's my proof! 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

You guys need to block these clients

stvrhunter
Community Member

When I select any task, the button "Submit a Proposal"  is always gray and disabled.
What's wrong with my account and how can I fix it?

Hi Artem,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with this.

~Andrea
Upwork
emelyanova92
Community Member

I verified my account and even successfully performed an order, but now I can't submit any proposals. I have enough connects to do this. Please, help! I don't know what to do!

Hi Tatiana,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
78eee5d6
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello Everyone!

I have just received one email from upwork agent called **Edited for Community Guidelines** like this and currently my upwork account is hold on. But I do not really understand why this happens. I did not share my upwork account with anyone. Also, I am not agency, individual developer.

I have replied to **Edited for Community Guidelines** like this but is there any way to solve this problem? I am going to change my credentials as well. Because I have current job on upwork, need to fix this asap.

I am a  top rated blockchain developer on upwork from Ukraine.

Thank you

Illia

Hi Illia,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
riaz15
Community Member

I have been on upwork for one and half year and completed 95 jobs, but now I am informed that my account is blocked. I how can upwork help to restore my account for I have satisfied clients, identity verified and worked there.

Another issue I have 88 USD in account which I can not withdraw. How can I do it please. Help me all

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Riaz,

It looks like you’re communicating with our team regarding your account status on this ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
muzayr
Community Member

Good  Day,

I sent my profile approval but my account got suspended. please, review my account.

Thank You

Hi Uzair,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
zeeshan-aqeel
Community Member

Hi, Upwork community.
I can't be able to click on the submit button while sending a proposal, the submit button is faded. Can someone guide how to overcome that issue and why is that happening?
Thanks.

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like the team has reached out to you via support ticket with information about the restrictions on your account. Please refer to your ticket here

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi there. I have just read about the Upwork reply to my request about
project Violation. I understand that I will follow the policies in terms of
services of the upwork.

Actually we are working together as a group of chartered accountants
locally and internationally and have agencies but I didn't knew about the
Upwork policy that we should work as an individual on freelancer account so
I will change my description and the product catalog and try to showcase
myself as an individual working on the platform...

So please remove the account restriction on my account so I can get further
opportunities to apply for the jobs.

Regards
Zeeshan.

16a550de
Community Member

When I applied to Upwork before, my application was not approved. I signed in and renewed my profile and now I am a part of Upwork. But now I'm getting the Account suspended warning. May I know the reason and possible solution for this?

Hi Feyza,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2709a78f
Community Member

Hello guys.

I've made an account, two days ago and it was directly suspended, I don't know why !

Can you help me with it ?

Hi Sofiane,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
786cd547
Community Member

My profile is 100% complete but why not my profile view. I opened my profile with a youtube expert and got a job but my profile view is 0 every day

Your profile seems to be suspended. 

Hi Mim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You may want to check this ticket and follow up with our team so that they can assist you accordingly. You can access your ticket on this page.

Additionally, feel free to check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overviewYou may also visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
156f650c
Community Member

My Upwork account with user id  **Edited for Community Guidelines**has been suspended, I'm 100 percent sure I haven't done anything wrong I was only making a few changes to my account. please reconsider my suspension.

Hi Haseeb,

I can see that the relevant team has reached out to you regarding your account status via this support ticket. Kindly refer to their message for more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4ec79a6f
Community Member

When I submit a proposal it gives a message ' your account has been suspended ' .

It's a request to all to help me in this regard . 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I do not see any restriction placed on your account. Could please try to apply for jobs via a desktop? 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
8a0d0c4f
Community Member

Hi,

My account is temporarily suspended due to suspicious activity. There may be two reasons:

1. I registered my new phone on the Authenticator app so I had to initially disable the old phone for the 2-step verification.

2. I had VPN on sometimes. 

Anyway, I already submitted the documents needed and they said it would take 24 hours for review but it's been more than 2 days already and I have an active contract that I'm working hourly.

8a0d0c4f_0-1649662144671.png

I had to make a new account just to post this question as no one is responding to my email. I believe the ticket number is: 34666792 

Please help.

Thank you,

Camille

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths