🐈
» Forums » Support » Account suspended
Page options
yatchvi
Community Member

Account suspended

My account has been suspended, I just made my account few weeks ago, I was inactive for a while. But today, I checked the account and boom, it has been suspended. Please let me know what is the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

917 REPLIES 917

hi i have a same problem, account on hold, i use my National ID Card but id not verify

Hi Indika,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Your account is on hold. Verify your identity to submit proposals and withdraw earnings. Get started. 

this is my problem please reply soon

4faca3ab
Community Member

I'd like to reopen my freelancer account. I was told to contact customer support but for some reason, you guys don't have a simple contact email address so I had to sign in with my employer profile just to post something.

Hi Parves,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

I closed my account a few months ago, I did not know I would not be able to access it again. I have opened a new account with the same email address. I had been on Upwork and established myself as a freelancer, plus had contacts I wanted to maintain. Could you please help me? 

Thank you.

Hi Parves,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4194903d
Community Member

My account has been suspended and I have not been informed about suspension. Not received the reason of suspension. Why did Upwork suspended my account? Please help out me to reinstate my account and tell me what happened exactly.

Hi Zahid,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
4194903d
Community Member

More 8 hours have gone but no one has replied to my email yet. Please
contact with me to sort out this issue. I'm waiting

Team Upwork, you suspended my account and now you ain't replying to me. Do I know the reason that why my Upwork account has been suspended? You haven't informed me the reason of suspension. I have tried to contact Upwork support but more 10 hours have gone nobody is replying to me. Kindly help me to sort out this issue.

Hi Zahid,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4194903d
Community Member

Extremely poor response of Upwork.
1st they blocked my account and I sent an email to support team and didn't
respond, I sent an other email after many hours and now they replied to my
2nd ticket instead replying to my 1st ticket and told that your your second
ticket number has been merged into your 1st ticket number.
Is that what an account holder wants to listen when their account is
suspended?
zainidesigner821
Community Member

My account is suspended, I have just one account which I am using now . Unfortunatily I have two account. 1 which I have not use from a long time also forget the email and password of tha account and that was suspended then I make this account again and this goes to banned! Please re-open my account and banned that one which I did not use.

Please upwork.

Hi Zain,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team via email about your account status. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
368d54dc
Community Member

Hey guys, I need some help my Upwork account suspended and I got email that your account flagged for taking action to manipulate Upwork feedback system... They asked me about my one of the client what is yours realtion ship or connection with him share details of the client account.. I answered them that I have only work realtion because he is just like normal client for me.. I also attached screenshots as a proof.
Kindly help me in this matter looking forward for positive response

Hi Fahad,

I can see you were able to reply to your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
368d54dc
Community Member

Can you please tell me how much it takes time?

Hi Fahad,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that all queries via support tickets are answered in the manner they are received in the queue and within 24-48 hours. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
9f0d743e
Community Member

I am new on upwork and I used some copyrighted image on my account as a portfolio. I didn’t understand right that time. For this reason my upwork has been suspended. Now I got my mistake and really want get my account back. I promise I will never do any violation Against upwork TOS. Just want a chance to work with upwork. Kindly help me please to get back my account. Advanced thanks.

Hi Ayub,

I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket and shared more information and steps you should follow to remove limitations on your profile. You can access your ticket on this page.

Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further with your account status.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9f0d743e
Community Member

Thanks. Kindly Review my ID and get back to me with a good news.

ivyjenniferg
Community Member

Can someone help me? My account was suspended yesterday. So what happened was, I was logged out of my account but when I tried to login they were asking for verification. So I chose email verification but when I entered the code, they said it was incorrect. They let me answer a series of questions, but I got some answers wrong because I was auto-filling the blanks and totally forgot all the info I typed down a year ago. I can provide all the necessary IDs and even a video call for identity verification. Just want to ask how long this takes and if they will still reinstate my account. 

Hi Ivy, 

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket here. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
4dd950f8
Community Member

Hi UPwork !

how long I have to wait for your response ..I was told that it won't be more than 24 hours . It has been already been more than 60 hours after submission of my documents..Your co-workder always say the same thing but won't reply or response on time. I always get reply like "Thank you for contacting Upwork Support.  I understand that you need assistance with your account status. 
As I checked, your account is currently suspended and we have notified you about the details of the suspension on Ticket #32613114

Please look for a status update on that ticket thread. You should respond to the agent there if you have additional information or questions about the same issue. I will contact the agent handling your existing ticket now and then close this duplicate
 It is important to keep everything consolidated into a single ticket to be certain those working on it have all the details.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. "
  But nobody has responeded it and  I am loosing my Time and Money.

Please take appropriate action as soon as possible. For God's sake it has been more than 3 days.

Hi Amrit,

I checked and can see the team updated you yesterday. I'll go ahead and follow up with them, you should expect to receive an update soon. Please continue to communicate with our team via your support ticket #32611168 as they are the ones who can best assist you. 

~Andrea
Upwork
4dd950f8
Community Member

Yes ..I did follow up but does it make any sense if I am the only one who
writes there and have not received any answers from your side or
assigned person.

Hi, I totally understand how you feel. The verification takes too long and will lose us our clients at this rate. 

Hi Ivy Jennifer G

Did you face the similar Problems ? How long it took for you to verify this Process ? The  moderator or assagined people for this task seems not to take care of this business !! 

120e8f58
Community Member

Hi,

My account was suspended for no reason. Please, is there any way to have my account back?

Hi Viktorija,

I'm sorry to hear about your account suspension. I see the team already reached out to you via this support ticket and is waiting for your follow up. Kindly refer to the ticket and in case you have any questions, you can post them directly on the ticket and the team will continue assisting you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Spoiler
Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you for your reply. How long I need to wait for a response? 

Hi Viktorija,

Our team replies to the tickets in the order they were received and in some cases, it can take more than 48 hours to receive an update. Once they reply to your ticket, you'll be notified about it!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey Aleksandar D 

What can we do if you are tired of the same messages from your side  everyday and but not receiveing replies even after 4 days +. Because you have said that , we should verifiy/ provide the documents within 5 days .

Is there other solutions rather than to email you ? Because it has not making sense to write every now and then but getting the same kind of automated answer every time.

Hi Amrit,

I understand your frustration with this, but the team is still reviewing your account. Once the review is complete, they'll follow up on your support ticket immediately.

We thank you for your patience.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

H i Aleksander D ! 

Thanks for understanding. Its like you have gave a Child something he/she  love/like and  started to be happy with it but out of sudden you then snatch it  with any kind of reasons which doesn't make sense. 

Who won't be frustrated by these kind of action ?

On the other hand , we have no other option. This really sucks man.

But thank you for your reply.

nikola-jeremic
Community Member

Hi Support,

I have vereified my account two days ago via Video call. Spoken to a lady, explained what I do and what is my current job @Upwork, she told me my account is verified and I can continue working @Upwork.
I was excited about it! Really did.
Then, 14h later (yesterday) I got an email from Upwork that my account is placed on hold and that I need to click on the link and follow the instructions to verify my identity again.

When I click on the link provided in the email - it only opens up the "Checking verification code..." page for a sec - and then leads me to a "https://www.upwork.com/ab/find-work/recommended" page
I've tried going through the "Identity verification" on my account - but I cannot do it again - it is marked as done.
Could you please assist?
I've tried clicking on the link to contact customer support. It only opens up the articles related to the Identity Verification, but there is no one that I can actually chat to or ask how to do the verification again?
Please see attached screenshoot of what I see when I click on the link provided in the email.

PS.
I replied to the Ticket thread on my Upwork Profile and no one gave me an answer yet. Please help. I don't want my account getting permanent block.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nikola,

I followed up with the team and you can expect an update on your ticket soon!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
1f405438
Community Member

Hi, I got a message just now that my account has been suspended, please help… may I know what the problem is and the solution?

Upwork team does not suspend account until they sense something wrong. However, you can always justify your case by contacting Upwork support team and they will genarate a ticket concerning your issue. If you provide valid reasons they will restore your account at the earliest. 

best wishes.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths