🐈
» Forums » Support » Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / ...
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

786 REPLIES 786
Community Member

Hello,
I do not receive the code sent to my phone. I tried many times, but the number was not sent.
How can the problem be solved?

Hi there,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
eb6ddd78
Community Member

Hi, I created my profile but when it asks me to verify the phone number, I am not receiving code on my phone, I have tried many times and getting all the meassages from other sources but not getting any message from upwork, can someone please help me?

Hi Rashmi

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
mecciastephanie
Community Member

When I try to apply for a job it asks for my phone number, when I click "send code" I receive an error code that says I used the PIN too many times. 

I have never changed or set a PIN for my phone number? Help, please. 

Same issue here! 

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
9903433b
Community Member

Hi im trying to set up my account but the phone verification isnt work?? Its not sending the text code to my phone 

Hi Christian,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ibtisamanees
Community Member

Hello. My sister is facing issue in log into her account. She added two-step verification method to her account but now the verification code is not received to her on text message. Please guide how to resolve this issue. Thankyou

Hi Ibtisam,

I'm sorry to hear your sister is having trouble with this. I'm afraid that we won't be able to share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Please advise your sister to contact support directly for assistance. She should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

Here's how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send.' The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
d53bdb65
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I'm Lesley and I'm new to Upwork. I created a client account two days ago, but I'm stuck with the verification of my phone number. I tried using the Upwork chat support, but I made no progress. Whenever I try to enter a new number, it displays a message saying "number exceeded for the day." I don't understand what's going on. The previous number I used, I waited for hours and hours, but still, I received no codes to verify my contact. So, I can't post the job I want to post, and it's frustrating. Today, I tried Upwork support, but it's not even loading. How can I resolve this issue, please? I'm already tired of dealing with it.

Hi Lesley,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e7bc126c
Community Member

I don't receive a verification code through my phone to complete my profile. I checked my email (spam) and I still don't receive it.  What can I do? I hope you can help me.

Hello I m nalini

I got project frim upwork but they sent all data through telegram. I completed my work. At the time of withdrawal orbinoxlimited. Com platform contact support told me to purchase private bank pin rs 5500. Is it real or fake. 

1. Double-check Contact Information: Ensure that the phone number and email address linked to your Upwork account are correct. Any discrepancies may prevent you from receiving the verification code.

2. Check Spam Folder: While you mentioned already checking your email's spam folder, it's worth double-checking to ensure that the verification email wasn't accidentally filtered out.

3. Resend Verification Code: On the verification screen, look for an option to resend the verification code. Clicking this option will prompt Upwork to resend the code to your registered email or phone number.

4. Contact Upwork Support: If you've tried the above steps and still haven't received the verification code, reach out to Upwork support for assistance. You can submit a ticket through the Upwork Help Center or contact them via live chat for immediate assistance.

5. Consider Alternative Contact Methods: If you're having trouble receiving the verification code via email or phone, consider using alternative contact methods provided by Upwork, such as receiving the code via voice call or using a different email address.

By following these steps and reaching out to Upwork support if necessary, you should be able to resolve the issue and complete your profile setup successfully.

Hi Karolidia,

- Pradeep 

Upwork

Can you please help me too? The support section just takes me to a chat bot and doesn't let me create a support ticket.

Hi Basem,

- Pradeep 

Upwork
5b89dd69
Community Member

I open a client account to post a job out of my expertise but i could not post a job untill my phone number is verified but unfortunately upwork did not send the verifacion code even after clicking many resend code and restarting my device.please reach out and tell me why is the code not sent as soon as possible thank you.

Hi Muhammad,

Did you open a separate Client account from your Freelancer one? If so, you won't be able to use the same phone number you already have on this account on a different one. You could have the freelancer and the client profile under the same account if you want. If you go to Settings > Contact Info, you should see the option to create a Client account. See this article for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
704c6afc
Community Member

I want to post s new job but says I have to verify phone number - the phone number is however already there and has been verified by sms code 

I am Sorry sir..

Hi Marco,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Are you still having trouble posting jobs? Don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3320b367
Community Member

Hello, my name is Bandar. I have an account on the website, but when I try to hire a freelancer, a window appears to verify the mobile number by sending a verification code to my mobile phone. However, the problem is that the message does not reach my phone, despite the fact that my country is Saudi Arabia, and the country code is 00966.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi ConTax,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c5847e4a
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to post a job, being asked to verify the mobile number, however, I am not receiving the OTP despite multiple attempts.

Please help resolve the issue.

Regards,

Hi there,

- Pradeep

Upwork
a6128bfa
Community Member

I created client account a few days ago, but I can not verifiy phone number.

Because I could not get sms code on my end, I changed different phone number several times.

Finally, it says "Phone number changes limit was exceeded" and I tried to verify phone number after one day, but it is still same

How can I verify phone number on my end?

Wait another 24 hours and if it still doesn't work click the above Support link for assistance.

Thank you for your reply, but I think I already waited for 24 hours

If 100% sure, then click the above Support link for help.

what do you mean by above support link?

Hi Protima,

If you have already attempted to complete the phone verification process again but are still encountering issues with this step, you can submit a ticket to our support team.

To access our support services, please follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.
~ Joanne
Upwork
md-imran-hossen
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I hope this post finds you all well. I've recently created a client account on Upwork and have successfully verified it with my credit card. However, I've hit a roadblock when trying to post a job on the platform. Upwork is asking me to verify my phone number, which seems like a straightforward step. But the problem is that, after entering my phone number, it prompts me to enter an OTP code that should have been sent to my phone via SMS. The issue is, I haven't received the SMS with the code, and therefore, I'm stuck.

I've tried this process multiple times, waiting for the SMS to arrive, but it hasn't shown up in my inbox. I'm eager to get my job posted and start collaborating with talented freelancers, but this hiccup has become a real obstacle.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? How did you resolve it? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. I've also tried contacting Upwork support, but responses have been delayed, and I'm hoping for a quicker solution.

If you have any insights, suggestions, or experiences to share, please help a fellow Upwork user out. I'm looking forward to resolving this issue so I can get back to business.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Hi Md,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly.  One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
717d6456
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Can you also help me with this issue? 

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please elaborate further on your issue?  

- Pradeep

Upwork
12f01b89
Community Member

I have the same problem. I haven't received the SMS with the code, tried multiple times, with 2 different mobile operators. It looks like SMS not sending to my country - Kyrgyzstan. How to solve this problem and start to post jobs?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths