🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to login to Upwork
Page options
5a22752e
Community Member

Google Sign-in not working

I am not able to log in into my other account cause when I go and try I receive this error message when I have already used my account and posted jobs "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AJ,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

414 REPLIES 414
a8b7adb0
Community Member

Hello, How can I open a ticket? I would like to use my regular work email but the system says it is already in use. I am unable to sign in with that email so I started a new account with a different email. Thank you.

Hi Elizabeth,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8ffc7171
Community Member

Hello. My name is Ravula Ramakrishna. Due to network i was disconnected while creating account. When i'm trying to login its not connecting. As this matter is urgent, I would appreciate a reply as soon as possible.

Thank you.

8ffc7171_2-1658365979335.png

Hi Ramakishna,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team for review and they will reach out to you via a support ticket with further assistance. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
97b54df8
Community Member

it's not easy getting a quick response from Upwork, i cant sign in and I cant create another account with my Gmail. i reached out to upwork help on twitter but no reply for hours, i had to create another account with another email in order to post this question.

Upwork never should have incorporated Gmail sign-in.

Hi Olalekan,

Please note that freelancers are only allowed to have one account. Having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket with assistance on how to log in to your original account. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b4d79ce7
Community Member

i have same issue... i have no access to my account due to google sign in my email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Haq,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
72a6f0ae
Community Member

It shows the Error 

"Google account g...@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked."

when I sign up and it says 

"Account already in user."

Hi  Anh Thu,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f98fb14c
Community Member

Hi,

My Google sign in is not working all of a sudden in my freelancer account. Yes, I had to create this account temporarily to be able to contact support. I need urget help from support to fix this issue. 

Can support contact me directly to open a ticket with and so I can tell them the account I am having an issue with? Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue accessing your account. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I have sent you a private message and you did respond that support would be sending me an email. It's been a few days and I still have not heard from support.

Ist there any way to escalate this further because I am completely blocked with this issue.

Hi Ivan,

Arjay here stepping in for Pradeep. I have submitted a follow-up to the team taking care of your concern and you should be getting an update from one of the team members. You can check your ticket on this page and you can also keep an eye on the email associated with your original account. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
f98fb14c
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I appreciate your help in resolving this matter. I'm concerned that I went to the link you added in the above response to check the ticket and I see that I have no requests nor am I CC'd on any requests. I have included screenshots to show you what I am seeing on my page.

Ivan G.

Hi Ivan,

I checked, and I'd like to confirm that a ticket was already created for your concern. Please check the email address associated with your Upwork account to check your ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
f98fb14c
Community Member

Joanne,

Please check your messages as I sent you a pm. Thank you!

-Ivan

c4ba740e
Community Member

Hello upwork team,

I'm currently facing this issue when I try to log in to my upwork account in my laptop. The 'continue with google' button doesn't seem to work when I click on it. I didn't recieve any popup or redirects when I click it. I tried switching different browser, clearing the cache and allowing pop-ups and redirects in my browser settings but none works so far. I still can't log in to my account.

I hope you can help me sort this thing out.

Hi Marc Joseph,

I apologize for the delayed response to your post. I checked and it looks like you have already logged in to your account successfully. If you need further assistance, please let us know. We are here to help.

~ Joanne
Upwork
temitoro
Community Member

I changed my email address and when I try to login, google sign in comes up with "you have not activated the google sign in method for this account... please I need help

Hi Temi,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of the members will reach out directly via a support ticket. You can access your ticket here and please don't hesitate to communicate if you have questions or clarifications.

~ Arjay
Upwork
33441c84
Community Member

The only log in method showing is through the google sign in method, but once I click that it says my account is not set up with google sign in method. I have no other way of accessing my account or contacting support, can you please help me get back in?

Hi Neela,

Could you please confirm if this is the account you're having trouble with? It looks like you've been able to log in recently.

~Andrea
Upwork
33441c84
Community Member

Hi Andrea, no the account I'm trying to get into is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I'm using this freelancer account only to be able to contact support.

Thanks for confirming, Neela. One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
33441c84
Community Member

Thanks Andrea, I'll be looking out for that

33441c84
Community Member

Hi Andrea, could I have an udpate on whether I'll have a support ticket opened please? 

Hi Neela,

You've already had a ticket created. Please keep in mind the team has reached out to you on the account you need help with, not this one. Please check the inbox for the email address associated with the account you need help with.

~Andrea
Upwork
33441c84
Community Member

Thanks Andrea, however I don't have a ticket open; the one you see was my response to the Upwork feedback survey, which created a ticket that was automatically marked as "solved." I have been checking my email and spam all day for the account with the issue but haven't received anything yet.

-Neela

Hi Neela,

As Andrea mentioned,  the team will be reaching out on the account you need assistance with, not this one. I can see that there's a support ticket that's been set up and there should be an email sent to the account in question as well. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and please keep an eye on that email that will be sent to the one associated with your original account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
33441c84
Community Member

Thanks Arjay, confirming that I received an email but not to the account with the issue. Regardless, I appreciate someone reaching out.

- Neela

a8ab84a9
Community Member

I don't know why but google login was the only way to login into my main Upwork account and now when I don't have access to that google account I am not being able to log in by any means although I know my log-ib credentials and I also have the access of Gmail in my phone to receive OTP.

Please help me to get my main account back.

I created this account just to get help from this forum.

Hi Animesh,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with your original account so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2b89233e
Community Member

Hi

I can login using Google on my mobile, but it will not work on my pc, just shows the washing machine then disappears.

Can't even use my Gmail email account either.

I can't send People files, and need help with a project urgently.

Any help please.

Hi David,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
49fcb12c
Community Member

I can't log in to my account, it says you have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address and it also says' This email address uses Google Sign-In. I created this account so i can get some help because they are not answering by email anymore. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vanessa,

Someone from our team will reach out to you directly in order to assist you further. You'll receive an email notification once your ticket is created.

~Andrea
Upwork
49fcb12c
Community Member

Hi Andrea, I still havent heard from anyone via email. 

Hi Vanessa,

I can confirm that the team has already reached out to you earlier today. Please check here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths