🐈
» Forums » Support » Google Sign-in not working
Page options
5a22752e
Community Member

Google Sign-in not working

I am not able to log in into my other account cause when I go and try I receive this error message when I have already used my account and posted jobs "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AJ,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

422 REPLIES 422
49fcb12c
Community Member

Hey Andrea, 

Thank you for that. Is that in my messages? Also I did try it and it says same thing- 

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

This email address uses Google Sign-In.

Hi Vanessa,

I can see that one of the members have reached out to your half an hour ago with more information and assistance on how to proceed with your account. You can access and communicate with the team here or in your email.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hello,
Trying to access my account, but with no success.
When I type my email and click the button Continue with Email 
I see Welcome screen and the button Continue with Google with the description  This email address uses GoogleSign-In, 
but when I try to continue with google I see the next message: You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address.
So I have no other option than Google authorization, but it doesn't work. 
How can I sing in? 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via email to assist you further. 

~Andrea
Upwork
2edb9a24
Community Member

I am unable to log in into my upwork account so am contacting the upwork community for help. I used to freelance on upwork and after a long gap I wanted to log back in, but am not able to. I would like a upwork representive to help me in this regards. When i log into my account with the correct details, it asks for google log in and after i complete the google log in procedure. it shows an error as linked below:

Hi Dark,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
67fbc11e
Community Member

Hi all, I've been trying been trying to log in using my email but it keeps coming up with this error message "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." I need help please. Thanks in Advance.

Hi Youssef,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
50d44656
Community Member

Hi

I have tried to the extent of having to create a new account on upwork.

It will not let me use google login nor the google email I used either with the passsword I eventually managed to update.

I have now created a new account with a different email, but the people who have submitted there job cv's I'm now unable to communicate with or select someone to do the work I have set out.

Is it possible to transfer the details to this account

thanks

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here. Alternatively, you may also access your tickets via your account's registered email address.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8d6b4e76
Community Member

Hello,

This is a secondary account. 

Issue: I cannot login my main account. Login with my email but it says " This email address uses Google Sign-In." After trying to login with Google Sign-In, I get the following message "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Summary: Need Help - cannot log into my main account on Upwork.

After looking on the forums - I need a mod to contact me. 

Hi D M,

Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Could you please click on my name and send me a private message with more information about the account you need help with? The email address would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8d6b4e76
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

PM sent. Waiting for reply. Thank you.

- DM

Update: It has been 20 days now and no one on the support team has contacted me regarding my issue. I have opened a issue ticket while it states that they will reply within 24-48 hours. I have been waiting weeks for a reply and nothing has happened at this time.

Can someone at Upwork contact me? I have not heard back from Arjay

Hi D,

I checked and can confirm that our team did reach out to you directly to the email address that you are having trouble with, back in September. Could you please check your inbox from that date and also your junk/spam folder in case the email was sent there?

~Andrea
Upwork
0c28feda
Community Member

i can't access my original account as when i want to login in it takes me to google but im not using google as im on microsoft and after i put in my email it takes me to google page and  google can't recognise my account cause its for  microsoft but why is upwork taking me to google page ? 

Hi Pholoso,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about your original account? The email address would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a7ef0819
Community Member

Each time I try to log in to my originally created account it says 'you have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sing in method for this email address.' 

Then if I choose another sign in method it takes me back to 'continue with google' becuase it is a gmail account. I have created this account to contact you because I was unable to do so when I wasn't logged in. Could you please let me know how I get this sorted to log into my original account. 

Thanks

Hi Jodie,

Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about your original account? The email address associated with it would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your response. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
b6f40b80
Community Member

My Gmail account has been disabled so I lost access to my Upwork account, I have some open projects please help there is any solution? 

Hi Kika,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e984eeba
Community Member

Hey same problem for my previous profile . "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account"
Can i please get assistance?

Hi Alessio,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
73ff7ce9
Community Member

You have not activated the Google sign-in methods for this account, and please select another sign-in method for this email address, these are the error messages I get when trying to log into my other account. I'm hoping you can help me with this. I appreciate it.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c833bafd
Community Member

Google account l...v@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

Hi Luan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
c09aaf1d
Community Member

I badly need your help. I can't log in to my main account that's why I have to create one to ask for help. I already do all the necessary steps but it keeps giving me this error. "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." My training will be on Monday, I need my tools 1 day before my training help me pleaseee.....

Hi Josh,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry if you're having difficulties logging in to your account. I'll have one of the team members assist you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate on this page once been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d7d460a5
Community Member

I created an account as a client with my work email address (not this one, this is an old personal account).

I go t a new work email address and changed it to this new email, I have the confirmation emails to show this.

d7d460a5_0-1666239819169.png

I tried to log into it today with google sign in but I got an error message to say it was not avavailable for google sign in with the new email. I tried to sign in with my old email and got in?? I decided to close that account and start again but now when I use my work email it tells me the email is already in use??

Please advise. 

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5078280e
Community Member

I also have a problem with the following error message. 

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

I opened a second account but the problem is in my main account.

negclavo
Community Member

I cannot Login or Sign up with my Google Account

It shows this error :

Google account d...v@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked. 

Hi Serdar,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d7d56708
Community Member

I've been in Upwork for almost 2 years, but with low activity. Recently I've received and email in order to reset my profile. I tried to, but when a type my email, a Google sign method error appear. I can't find the way to recover my account.

Could someone help me, please?

Hi Raul,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble logging in. I'm assuming that the account you're reaching out from is not the one you're having trouble with. Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0c200eba
Community Member

I can't login my newly created Upwork account. It say you have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address. However, it will not give a login option. 

Please assist

Hi Burhan,

Apologies for the delayed response. Are you referring to the account you're using right now? Or is there another account where you're having problems? Looking forward to your response!

~ AJ
Upwork
vieniav
Community Member

Today the Upwork app doesn't let me log in.

• First, it ask me to enter username or email.

• I entered my user name, then click Continue with Email
  • Instead of a text box to let me enter my password, it shows a script with my username at the top, the a button "Continue with Google"
  • When I click Continue with Google, 

Thank you in advance.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Phat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths