🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Oops! Username is incorrect.
Page options
Chandrakant N Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615
Claude B Community Member

I haven't logged in for at least six months and now my profile is gone. I created a new profile, but really hope this is some way to get my data back.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Claude,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Vikas W Community Member

Hello,

I have a freelancer account and had an agency account in it.

I wanted to create a new agency account so I deleted the old one but now I can't find the option to create an agency account.

I only see option to create a client account.

Can someone please help me to either create a new account or reinstate my old agency account?

Thanks,

Vikas

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Vikas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here. Please check your email as well as a corresponding email for this ticket will be sent to you.

~ AJ
Upwork
Vitalii B Community Member

Hey,

I had two types of account - client and freelancer. I closed client account and it also closed a freelancer.

Please help to reactivate it. 

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Vitalii,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. Please note that If you have a freelancer and client profile, your entire Upwork account (both freelancer and client areas) will be closed when you close either profile type. Feel free to check this help article for more details.

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with your original account so that I can assist you further? Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Anatoly S Community Member

Hi,

Seems like I have no other way to reach support and get my problem addressed.

I'm https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012aeb09289b65bf9b and my account was locked on Jun 1 because I was located in Russia at that time.

Now I've moved to Kazakhstan and would like my account to be reviewed for reinstatement.

I've created the following requests by email recently

https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/35706725
https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/34955875
https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/35669231
https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/35693857

but I have a strong feeling that I've been ignored.

I can't log in and update those requests so I had to register a new account to be able to write here.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Anatoly

Hi Anatoly,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. You can check here or your email for updates. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Fabian B Community Member

Dear community,

I created an upwork account many years ago. I tried to login with this very email today, and the dialog said that the email/username is incorrect. This sounded like the email doesn't exist. But then I tried to sign up anew and got the error "this email is already in use". 

I solved this problem by creating a new account with another, secondary email address. But I am afraid I have two accounts now and I'd love to use my primary address for my (up)work.

Thanks so much for your help!

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your account. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ID W Community Member

Hi,

I have a problem login into upwork.

When I try to login system says that this email is not correct but when I try to create a new account with this email, system says that this email is used.

Please help me to restore my account or delete it and/or give me possibility to create new one with my email.

Thanks in advance.

Hi ID,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Daniel M Community Member

Hi,

I can't sign in to my main account. I just get the "Oops! Username is incorrect.". Figured my account was deleted for inactivity or something so I tried re-registering it, but then it says "This email is already in use."

It seems my account is stuck in limbo.

Hi Daniel,

~Andrea
Alexander F Community Member

my acccount was deleted by mistake , i want to reopen it please

Hi Alexander,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Boyar E Community Member

I need help with recovering deleted freelancer account on Upwork. 

Checked the previous threads on the topic, happy to send Username and further verification information 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Boyar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please click on my name to send me a PM. 

~ AJ
Upwork
Stacey T Community Member

I haven't used it for some time. I am still receiving emails though. I can't find support for this. Is there anyone that can help me or anyone I can email?

Thank you,

Stacey

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Stacey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? 

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Ana S Community Member

Hello. I created this temporary account because I'm unable to log in with my previous account. I try to log in but I get an error message, both with email or Google, but if I try to create an account, it tells me that that email already has an account. Since the platform doesn't give any "forgot you're password" option can someone please help on what to do? I really don't want the account to be linked to this email.

Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ana,

I checked and it looks like the account you're logging in to is currently closed. If you'd like us to reopen it for you please send me a private message so I can confirm some information with you.

~Andrea
Ana S Community Member

Hi, Andrea. I would like to reopen my account, please. Thank you.

Hi Ana,

Thank you for your post. I can see that you've been communicating with Andrea regarding your concern. I took the liberty of reaching out to the team in charge of your request and you should be getting an update via a support ticket. Please don't hesitate to communicate and provide the required information so that they can assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Maricel D Community Member

Hi! I can't log in to my account due to lost access to the email and number associated to that account.

I only created new account to I can reach out. i will delete it once I gain access to my verified account.

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths