🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: No profile picture and payment
Page options
c6c7a244
Community Member

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

I wear a veil so i didn't upload my picture on my profile, instead used a cartoon. Now that i know there is no way around it and i have to put my real picture, I'm trying to change the picture and i cant. I have sent upwork my verification request already with my ID and real picture. I'm scared of they will suspend me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hala,

To complete your Upwork profile and start submitting proposals, you must upload a profile portrait photo. Profile photos must be an actual picture of you. This is important for both verifying your identity and connecting with potential clients. Check out this article for A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture.

If you would like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture, please: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

353 REPLIES 353
12aae52d
Community Member

Hi, 

I have my own picture set as a profile picture with my face covered (due to my religious beliefs). During ID verification, I got a notification that my profile picture doesn't match the selfie and asked to update the profile picture according to Upwork's policies. Please help me in this regard to complete ID verification process successfully.

Hi Maliha,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try uploading your photo now?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

It has been resolved and my ID is now verified. Thank you for the assistance, Mr. Pradeep.

Glad to hear that, Maliha. Feel free to reach us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hey, i want to havw religious exemption for my profile picture before my account gets suspended. Kindly help

Hi 

I've uploaded my picture with veil.how should I proceed further as it requires selfie identification .

Kindly help.

61d7c60a
Community Member

Hi,

I have recently joined the Upwork community, but without putting a profile picture showing my face (I only put a logo). For personal reasons, I do not wish to share my picture online.

In the meantime I have worked for a client and have completed the contract. I have received a notification letting me know that I should verify my identity, which I did. However, I have received a message telling me that I have to update my profile picture and that, "Until this is fixed, your profile and/or proposals may not be visible to some clients, and you may not be able to complete identity verification.".

Sadly, I will I thus leave Upwork -which is a shame because I find it useful. My question is will I get paid for the contract I have worked for? I should receive 180$.

Best,

Saloua

But you knew it was a requirement by upwork that you upload a picture of yourself. You should not have used it if you are unwilling to abide by the rules. I don't think you will be able to access the payment since your account will be suspended if you don't do the verification. 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saloua,

Could I ask the reason why you don't wish to include a picture of yourself? We can make exceptions for religious reasons, for example. Other than that, without a profile photo that meets our guidelines, you will not be able to use Upwork as we need to know you are who you say you are. Plus, clients tell us a profile photo is critical to trusting that a freelancer is running a professional freelance business. Regarding the Identity Verification request, if you don't complete it and a hold is placed on your account, you will not be able to withdraw funds.

~Andrea
Upwork
61d7c60a
Community Member

Hi Andrea and thanks for your answer. It is indeed for religious reasons (I am wearing a veil). I understand clients prefer freelancers with a photo, but I did not think this would be a requirement for having an account -that's a pity. Is there any way I can get my payment? 

Just upload a picture with veil like thousands of other freelancers. 

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Saloua,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you would like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture, please click here. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your request. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks Annie Jane! Will do right away. 

Best,

Saloua

61d7c60a
Community Member

Hi again Andrea,

Please can you tell me if I can pay the Upwork fees separately and then get paid by the client outside of Upwork? This would be exceptional. I will then leave Upwrok after that.

I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best,

Saloua

That is not how this works. No, you can't do that. 

6ca434d4
Community Member

Hello Upwork community

I am wearing a veil due to my religious beliefs. I request a religious exemption for using a profile picture. In my Id verification process, I talk to one support agent. She provided a link to submit a request for an issue. But there is no option to submit a request on that link. There is a chat icon below to get the support it is a chatbot, and it continuously sends this article to read https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053305673. This is not the solution to my problem. Kindly help me regarding this. 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Fatima,

I have checked and I can confirm that your concern has been forwarded to the appropriate team for review and a support ticket has been created. Please allow our team time to review your case and you should be getting an update through the same ticket.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6ca434d4
Community Member

Thank you, Arjay, for creating a support ticket for me. But I didn't get any response till now.

Hey,

I have a question from honourable upwork team.

How I can get payment in pakistan and on which limit i can withdraw it??

tell me th payment methods please only for Pakistan

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Atta, payment method options can vary depending on your home country, but Upwork currently offers ACH Direct Deposits, Direct to Local Bank, Payoneer, PayPal and wire transfers. To see which payment methods are available to you, please log into your account, click on “Settings,” then “Get Paid,” and choose “Add Method”. All of your options will be listed there.

~Andrea
Upwork
e69b3fcd
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I am new to upwork and i am craeting my profile on upwork but their is a restriction it is not allowed to proceed without uploading profile picture. Due to religious point of view i don't want to upload my picture. can i upload a pic in which my face is cover. Need assisstance.

Thanks,

Sana

re: "Due to religious point of view i don't want to upload my picture. can i upload a pic in which my face is covered?"

Yes.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Support/I-wear-a-veil-how-do-I-upload-my-profile-picture-with-it-on/...

Hi Sana,

We'll be happy to provide an exemption for this. Could you please try uploading your profile picture one more time?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dcf049d7
Community Member

Hi Luiggi

I am a Muslim freelancer and due to religions reasons I have started to wear a veil. Is there a way I can upload my profile picture in veil and continue working on Upwork?

Regards, 

Hadiya. 

Hi Hadiya,

I would be happy to help. I checked and it looks like you should be able to upload a profile photo with the veil. Could you please try again to upload your profile photo with the veil and let us know if you experience any issues? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
6eb435ab
Community Member

Hey, i need religious exemption for my profile picture, kindly help before my account gets suspended 

0b1b4721
Community Member

Hello 

I want to cover my face with a veil. I am Muslim, Upwork rejected my profile picture, what can i do now? Kindly allow me to cover my face.

Regards

Shamama Tul Umber

Hi Shamama,

I would be happy to help. You should be able to upload a profile photo with the veil now. Could you please try again to upload your profile photo with the veil and let us know if you experience any issues? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
rioside
Community Member

Greetings,

I would like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture, as i’m Muslim. I have already provided the picture and CNIC for your verification.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Rabia 

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rabia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you would like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture, please click here. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your request. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
rioside
Community Member

Subject: RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION

Hi Annie,

I have opened the request ticket, but it's been 2 days and I haven.t got any reply, Can you kindly help me in this matter?

Hi Rabia,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try uploading your profile photo now?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
rioside
Community Member

Yes, it worked. Thank you 

6eb435ab
Community Member

Hey, I can't upload my photo due to religious purposes. I've messaged alot on community forums about it, even an agent. But have not received any reply, which is why they are also not verifying my identity. Kindly look into this before my account gets suspended, i really need help with this. 

Hi Yusra,

I would be happy to help. You should be able to upload a profile photo with the veil now. Could you please try again to upload your profile photo and let us know if you experience any issues? 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6eb435ab
Community Member

Hey, i do not think it is working, because upwork is refusing to accept my identity verification and emailed me saying that i have a profile picture that is covered which is why they are not verifying me. Kindly help before my account goes on hold.

I have tried to request multiple times for identity verification, but its still not giving me verification. I am not getting both identity or visual verification. Visual verification is not showing option to try again. They have emailed me saying that my profile picture is covered which is why they are not giving me verification. About the profile picture , i requested for religious exemption and a community moderator helped me with it. But other than that, the support ticket i opened for religious exemption did not reply for many days.  So i do not know why they're not giving me verification due to the profile picture being in a veil. Kindly help, they will put my account on hold on 18 august and I'll lose a job, please please help urgently 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yusra Idrees,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID has been verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as a confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4a98fc8f
Community Member

Hi,

I do veil for religious reasons, Upwork allowed to upload one when I first joined Upwork. Now I want to change my profile picture but I am scared Upwork won't allow me as they only allow face pictures.

Can someone tell me if is it fine if I change my display picture? The new one will be in the veil as well.

Regards,

Hamna D.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hamna,

Of course, you can update your profile picture and still use one with a veil! Please go ahead and do that, it should be accepted.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths