🐈
» Forums » Support » I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile pic...
Page options
c6c7a244
Community Member

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

I wear a veil so i didn't upload my picture on my profile, instead used a cartoon. Now that i know there is no way around it and i have to put my real picture, I'm trying to change the picture and i cant. I have sent upwork my verification request already with my ID and real picture. I'm scared of they will suspend me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Hala,

To complete your Upwork profile and start submitting proposals, you must upload a profile portrait photo. Profile photos must be an actual picture of you. This is important for both verifying your identity and connecting with potential clients. Check out this article for A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture.

If you would like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture, please: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

267 REPLIES 267
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sheeza, 

I'm sorry for the delay. We have added an exemption to your profile that will allow you to upload a photo with you wearing a face covering. You can do this anytime you're ready. 

I hope this helps! Let us know if we can further assist you with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork
Community Member

I do a veil and due to religious reasons I can't show my face and upload my picture on upwork. what should I do?

Hi Arfa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have added an exemption to your profile that will allow you to upload a photo with you wearing a face covering. You can do this anytime you're ready.

If you need further assistance, please let us know and we'll be here to help!

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Aimen,

The exemption has been applied! Could you please try updating your profile picture now?

~Andrea
Upwork
isha-ishtiaq
Community Member

Hi, I have got my ID verified after uploading my profile picture. Now I wear veil and want to update my picture with a veil. Is it possible? Can it cause suspension of my account?

Hi Isha,

I have escalated your request to the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. Please allow our team time to review your account and you'll have the option to coordinate through this page once your ticket's been set up. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
5915cc59
Community Member

I would like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture, as i’m a Muslim. Can someone help me out?

Hi Sadaf,

While profile photos on Upwork must be an actual picture of you showing your full face, we do allow for certain exemptions including religious reasons I've applied this exemption to your account as per your request. Could you please try uploading your profile picture one more time?

~Andrea
Upwork
5665c4ed
Community Member

Hi Thank you very much for detailed reponse.  I am facing problem in uploading profile picture in veil. 

Sure, i will follow each guideline. 

regards

Samia

Hi Samia,

The exemption has been applied! Could you please try updating your profile picture now?

~ AJ
Upwork
5665c4ed
Community Member

Iam new to Upwork. I need help in uploading profile picture because i can't upload real profile picture. Please help me in this regard. Your help would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

samia

Hi Samia,

Thank you for reaching out. I see that you created a ticket for this and have been assisted already by our team. You can already upload a profile picture now as the exemption has been placed for you. Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork

Yes problem has been resolved. Thanks

Regards

Samia

6ade5324
Community Member

Good evening,

I am contacting you regarding the profile picture. I am unable for religious reasons to put my face on the profile picture.

I can't find a way to request it, could you help me out and send me the link or however I am supposed to request it.

Hi Dina,

Can you please try uploading your profile photo now? Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
nadiafarheen
Community Member

My profile picture is in veil and upwork not verify my picture..please reslove this issue

You better contact support about this. 

Hi Nadia,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
mujahid_zainab
Community Member

I have started to veil in accordance with my religion, how do I change my profile picture with it on as it shows that it does not meet the Upwork requirements?

Hi Zainab,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
441557b9
Community Member

Hi!

As I want to work as a freelancer on Upwork but due to religious purposes, I want to upload my profile picture with a covered face, if you please help me out in this regard,

Thanking you in advance

Hi Amarah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have added a religious exemption to your profile. You can try again and you should now be able to upload a profile photo that covers your face. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
acd48dfc
Community Member

Upwork not allowing me to upload my picture in the niqab. I belong to Egypt and I am a Muslim. *Edited for community guidelines* please allow me to wear the niqab

Hi Gamila,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try uploading your profile picture in the niqab now? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
46bba576
Community Member

My account has been temporarily suspended because my picture does not meet the requirements. 
I have gotten a ticket and asked for support but still. 
I need religious exemption on my profile because I observe veil as part of my religious beliefs. I have submitted a selfie and verified my identity through video call but I am not comfortable uploading my public profile picture without veil.

please help.

Hi Areeba,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
8c924323
Community Member

Hello, 

I wear the niqab and I was told to send support a message to explain to them my situation. The thing is, I have no idea where to send the message. I am of course new to Upwork. Can someone please assist me so that I can get started? Thanks in advance!

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please try uploading your profile photo now?

~ Nikola
Upwork
8c924323
Community Member

Thank you for your response. Yes, I uploaded it a little while ago. Is there something else I need to do? 

Cynthia 

Hi Cynthia,

There's nothing else you need to do, your profile photo should be updated.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
91d93869
Community Member

Hello.

I was trying to verify my identity on Upwork, I uploaded a photo of my ID card, then they asked me to take a selfie to verify that I am indeed the person on the ID. So I've done all that. The problem is however, that the photo on the ID doesn't match my profile picture. That is due to the fact that on my profile picture I wear a veil, as I do in real life, and on my ID I don't, because that's how the law works, my ID has to have my face on it. So I took a selfie without my veil when they asked me to take it to match my ID, but now Upwork wants me to change my profile picture because, obviously, my profile pictwith the veil doesn't match the one without the veil on my ID. I wear it for religious reasons and I'm not planning to post a profile picture with my face on it. Any solution to verify my profile and keep my profile picture WITH my veil on it? Thank you. 

Contact support. It is possible but via private identification. No generic option for this.

Hi Samira,

Would you please re-upload your profile picture with a veil now? Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
chughtai_maria
Community Member

Hi,
I cover my face due to religious obligations. The Upwork ID verification process requires your face to be visible in the picture. It does not detect my face when covered with a veil. How should I proceed? Kindly help.

Can anybody help? I haven't recieved any response from the support team yet and my picture varification process is pending. I have been given a time limit of 7 days from upwork to share my deatails, otherwise my account will not function. The image detector from Upwork tells me that they are unable to detect any face hence no selfie can be taken.

Hi Maria,

Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the delay. I took the liberty of adding a religious exemption to your profile. You can try again and you should now be able to upload a profile photo wearing a veil. Feel free to update your ticket on this page if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b9023493
Community Member

I dont want to upload my picture because I'm a Pakistani girl and i want to follow my culture

Hi There,

To complete your Upwork profile and start submitting proposals, you must upload a profile portrait photo. Profile photos must be an actual picture of you. This is important for both verifying your identity and connecting with potential clients.

However, If you would like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture, that can be requested and considered. We highly suggest you check this help article to learn more about essential items in building your profile and here for tips for a perfect profile picture. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
65526ea1
Community Member

Greetings,

I would like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture, as i’m Muslim and can't upload my picture as I cover my face for religious reasons.

What should i do?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths