🐈
» Forums » Support » I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile pic...
Page options
maha9293
Community Member

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

773 REPLIES 773
humairasalah
Community Member

Hi, I want to put a profile picture of myself in a veil because of religious purposes. And upwork is allowing a particular type (including face and shoulders) of profile picture. I would love it if someone could help me.

Thanks.

Hi Humaira,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You should now be able to upload a picture of yourself with a veil. Let us know if you need further assistance from our end.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8b8156ae
Community Member

Hi, I am uploading picture with hijab but upwork is not accepting it, please help

Hi Asfiya,

Could you please retry uploading your profile photo this time? Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
994c71f3
Community Member

Is there a provision of uploading profile picture in a face veil? I am unable to save my picture in the face veil.

Hi Juweriya,

You should be able to upload your profile photo now. If you experience any problems on your end, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi, I am also unable to save my picture in Face veil. please help. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alaina,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b8be25d7
Community Member

I do veil. I have tried multiple times to upload my picture on Upwork. Upwork is not accepting my picture in a veil.

Hi Ifra,

You should be able to upload your profile picture now and complete your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
55a6ba86
Community Member

Hi team upwork!

I am a Muslim and I don't want to upload my profile picture without veil.

Please help me in this regard.

Thank you!

Hi Muqadas,

Could you try to upload your photo now? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
0fae8708
Community Member

FACE VEIL PROFILE PICTURE.

Hello. I'm new to Upwork as a graphic designer. To submit my profile I need to upload my profile picture, the issue is that I'm a Muslim woman and cover my face with a veil. I want to upload a profile picture with a face veil but Upwork is not approving that picture. please anyone help me upload the picture and help me get my profile approved. I don't know how to contact Upwork directly. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alaina,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please try again to upload the profile photo with a veil? Let us know if you need any further assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork
0fae8708
Community Member

I have tried to upload it with a veil again after your reply. But it says
"sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to save the image."
Please help
hasanovic_nejira
Community Member

I wear a niqab, how do I upload my profile picture with it on? The current one is from my husband.

I saw that discusion, but there is no solution. I think they need to do that manualy.

I flagged your note and I believe an Upwork representative will contact you to assist.

This is a very minor issue. Helping freelancers who weir niqab with their profile photo is a standard Upwork procedure.

Thank you.

Hi Nejira,

Could you please try uploading your photo one more time?

~Andrea
Upwork

I have successfully changed, thank you very much!

7c1738ca
Community Member

I am a Muslim niqabi meaning I wear a veil and cannot display my face. How do I get my profile photo approved? I haven't submitted my profile yet and I don't want to lose the information I've filled out
nora1995d
Community Member

Hello, Im Nora and I have a problem with my ID verfiction, because I didnt take a selfie…. Im muslim and I dont want to put my picture as a user photo, what can I do? and Is the ID information a private one? thank you.

Hi Noura,

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. In your case, we can add a religious exemption to your profile to allow you to upload a profile photo that covers your face. Please let us know if you would like us to do that for you so you can proceed with your Identity Verification. 

To protect your personal information, access to the information you submit to Upwork to verify your identity is stored by Upwork, per our security policy. Upwork agents comply with our privacy policy and the third-party vendor that handles these requests does not store any identification data. We do not sell any of the information you submit to us. After 30 days, the image you submit to verify your identity is deleted.

~Andrea
Upwork

yes please, I want to add a religious exemption to my profile, how can I do that?

Hi Noura,

Could you please try again to upload the profile photo covering you face? Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

I'm also a niqapi I only show my face in the ID, I verified my identity but it shows this message.

(After review, we have determined that your profile photo does not meet Upwork requirements. Update your photo.)

I can't upload a picture with niqap, so I used a generic one with a mask.

re: "I can't upload a picture with niqap, so I used a generic one with a mask."

Thousands of women who wear niqab have followed instructions and had their profiles verified on Upwork.

But you uploaded a photo of somebody who is not you.

That doesn't work.

Upwork provides special procedures and exceptions, and trained special representatives to allow niqapi to use the platform. You are allowed to work within these protocols or you may choose to use other platforms for your freelancing activitites.

Hi Ahlam,

Can you please retry uploading your photo? You should now be able to use your profile photo with Niqab.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2ea8058d
Community Member

yes, It worked, thank you.

640ce4bf
Community Member

I don't want to post my photograph on my profile, primarily because I think my profile is a good enough representation of my professional competency, rather than being judged based on what I look like. Is it possible to have a exemption to this policy?

Looking forward to a quick and favourable response from your side.

Saira

Saira I wrote:
I don't want to post my photograph on my profile, primarily because I think my profile is a good enough representation of my professional competency, rather than being judged based on what I look like. Is it possible to have a exemption to this policy?

Looking forward to a quick and favourable response from your side.

Saira

If you want to have a profile on Upwork, it is mandatory to have a photo of yourself in the profile.
They will not make an exception for you.

You don't need an exemption. Establishing a freelancer profile on Upwork is voluntary.

You are welcome to use other freelance work platforms which do not require profile photos.

But if you want to use Upwork as a freelancer:

It has been many years since Upwork began requiring freelancer profile photos. I have been an extremely regular reader of the Forum. I have never seen Upwork grant an exemption.

But I have seen posts of women who have requested to be exempted on religious grounds. Attaching a screenshot of a relatively recent post.

Saira I wrote:
But I have seen posts of women who have requested to be exempted on religious grounds. Attaching a screenshot of a relatively recent post.

Then request that. But you will still need a picture of yourself. 

Saira I wrote:

Ok, so it's a religious question, right?
If it is because you must wear a veil, ask about it since with or without a veil, you must upload a photo.
In this thread, it's all about it and the moderators can help you:
https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/I-wear-a-veil-how-do-I-upload-my-profile-picture-with-...

re: "But I have seen posts of women who have requested to be exempted on religious grounds. Attaching a screenshot of a relatively recent post."

Yes. You have indeed seen those posts. Thousands of women have asked this question. All of them were required to posts photos of themselves, but they were able to do so while still adhering to religious guidelines.

Thank you everyone for your assistance in the matter.

Hi Saira,

To clarify, Upwork’s Terms of Use require that you accurately represent yourself. This includes having a profile picture that looks like you. Your profile picture should accurately reflect who you are, and it should look like you. It should be a close up image with a focus on your head and shoulders, and clearly show your full face. 

If however, you need to cover your face for religious purposes, we can add a religious exemption to your profile to allow you to upload a profile photo that covers your face. Let me know if you would like to have the exemption added to your account to allow you that.

You can check this help article for more information about profile pictures.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths