🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Reverification
Page options
c3ca1bf0
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello, today, I am trying to add paypal as an additional payment method.

My full name on paypal account is Cong Dinh, which is the same on upwork account.

But upwork says:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

But I noticed that the verified name on contracts and invoices is Ding Cong. Is this the reason?

If so, this should not be a big deal!

Can you help me add paypal quickly?

Best regards.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

175 REPLIES 175

Click the above Support link for assistance.

do I create a new post there?

Yes unless a Moderator comes to this post and assist.

01b57f83
Community Member

When I had sign up it was using my gmail but it has my gmail name on profile. Realizing when adding payment method, you'll need same real name so I try to update my name and it keep denying it. Like why it denies my own real name lol.

Hi there,

I can see that your name change request was recently approved; your profile should now reflect the correct name. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
43f7fd56
Community Member

Please i tried to add my local bank account ,also paypal account and both gave deactivated  because beneficiary name mismatch so please i need to know which name on my upwork account should be matched (account name ,or the name on the uploaded document)

Also i tried more than one paypal account to match my name on upwork but also the same result

Community Member

Hi,

On my Freelancer account I got this issue  The beneficiary name is mismatched. after updating withdrawal method. Could you help with that?

Br,
Michał

Hi Michał,

Thanks for reaching out. We've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your beneficiary name has been successfully verified. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
29345b3d
Community Member

I'm keep looping through the automated bot messages and can't figure out to connect to a human support or submit a ticket.

I'm just trying to figure out if I can use my English name as the profile name. (just to avoid any prejudices client might have)

But it's causing a name mismatch with bank beneficiery name.

celgins
Community Member

Human support is limited these days. You can ask your question in the Community Forums and other users, moderators or community managers might be able to provide answers.

I suggest using your real name; not only to rectify the name mismatch issues, but also because I don't think most clients care what your name is. Your skills, qualifications, and experience are more important than your name.

29345b3d
Community Member

you'll be surprsied. I actually tested this myself back in the day.

I submitted resumes in both english names and non-english names.

I significantly landed more interviews with an English name.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. An email has been sent to you with more information about the beneficiary name mismatch you experienced; please check your Inbox/Spam folder and follow the instructions found in that email. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
29345b3d
Community Member

I think I took all the steps. verification process is taking way too long

5f86cb10
Community Member

I am trying to add a PayPal payment method, but it keeps telling me that I have a name between Upwork verified name and PayPal account name.
What should I do please ?

Hi Medhat,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. An email has been sent to you with more information about the beneficiary name mismatch you experienced; please check your Inbox/Spam folder and follow the instructions found in that email. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f42d9d6a
Community Member

Hi I am new to upwork

Upwork keep telling me Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork account, I used to name my account "Yossef sydney" which is my stage name that my clients know me with but my real name is "Yossef Hassan"

So I fixed my name on upwork to mach my real name and it keeps stubidly decline my paypal account that has a label of "Yossef Elbasiony" which is my last name instead of my first name, STILL MISS MATCHED

don't tell me it has to be exactly written by my second name that is crazy! 

I submited my id, they reject ittt!!! what should I doo now!!!!!

Try to change your name on upwork to your real name and then check again on paypal. I hope I could help somehow but I can say what I think of at this moment.

69d524b3
Community Member

Hi, 

My name in the govenrment ID submitted for Identity verification is my marital name. My name changed post marriage. I would like to chnage the government ID with the one having my current name. Because of the name mismatch my payments are not getting processed to the Bank account. My Bank account has the new name. Kindly help me with the same. I am happy to do Identity reverification if needed. 

Thanks, 

Hi Deepti,

We checked your account and saw that your name change request has been approved, and you've recently added your payment method. For security, please allow three days for this withdrawal method to become active. You can check it out here

~ Joanne
Upwork
7707574b
Community Member

Hi, I get the message from upwork that says Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. but My payoneer account name  is the same as my upwork account. can you please tell me what is the reason? Thanks!

Hi Fenet,

Thanks for reaching out. We've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your beneficiary name has been successfully verified. You should be able to start using your payment method.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fb41a25d
Community Member

Hi guys - can you please let me know where I can upload my Canadian corporate documents? I have read this article but cannot find any place to upload!

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063768-Bank-Account-or-Payment-Method-Under-Differen...

I opened my account under my name  but would like my payment method to be to my holding co. I have all documents mentioned in the previous article but cannot seem to find where to send them.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Leigh A

Hi Leigh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
angyalgabor
Community Member

I see the following warning for over two weeks now on my "Get paid" settings page:

Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

This is technically true, because I have a company, which I use for Upwork, and the beneficiary name is the company name. My company has been already  approved on the Tax information page. Again, the "Legal name of taxpayer" is the same as the beneficiary name.

I do not think this is a uniqe problem.

You can try talking directly to Upwork Support

Hi Gabor,

Thank you for your message. If you have added a payment method under a company name, our team will contact you shortly to request any additional details needed before approving your payment method.

- Pradeep

Upwork
6a5bdb3c
Community Member

My bank account is registered under the name of K I A Jayakody , but my name on my upwork account is Ashinthya Jayakody

when I try to add my bank account upwork says the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. What can I do?

Hi Ashinthya,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your new payment method is now active and ready for use. You're all set! Thank you for reaching out.

~ Arjay
Upwork
elibrahim
Community Member

Dear Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out regarding an issue I encountered while attempting to add a payment method to my account. Unfortunately, the payment method was rejected due to a perceived mismatch between the name on the certificate of earnings and the name associated with my bank account.

Upon careful review, I observed that there appears to be a minor discrepancy in the spacing of my name. Specifically, there is a space between "EL" and "Hussein" in the certificate of earnings, which may be causing the discrepancy. However, I would like to emphasize that this spacing variation does not exist in the documentation I provided during the verification process.

Given this situation, I kindly request your assistance in resolving this matter. Could you please review the provided documentation and ensure that the name alignment is accurate? Additionally, if there are any further steps or documentation required from my end to rectify this issue, please do not hesitate to inform me.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I appreciate your prompt assistance in resolving this discrepancy and enabling the successful addition of my payment method.

Best regards,

ELHussein

Hi Elhussein Ben Ali,

I reached out directly to the team handling the review on your account and they confirmed that the name mismatch issue has been cleared. Your new payment will be active in three days. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
javieraizpuru
Community Member

My agency account it's on my companies name and also the bank account.  It says that it has  a name mismatch and that I should have been contacted by UpWork days ago.

Hi Javier,

We checked with our verification team, and they confirmed that an email was sent to you requesting that you provide documents. Please check them and follow the instructions they provided in the email.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3e2f747d
Community Member

Pls, There is a mismatch on my first name on my bank account and that of upwork, but my last name is same. I have changed my name on upwork to match and it been 48 hours and it has not been resolved. Please help out 

Hi Wisdom,

Thanks for reaching out. We've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your beneficiary name has been successfully verified. Your payment method will now undergo security verification and become active in three days. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fd84044f
Community Member

Hello.

I need to use company name as account holder name in withdrawal method for my Agency. I attached bank statements which show that I'm Agencty owner and company owner. I need to get my get paid method confirmed as soon as possible.

thanks for the assitance

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Following

Hi Aleksei,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
0409850b
Community Member

Hi there,

My profile ID is currently verified.

My family and I recently changed our surname from "Aneke" to "Chimereze". This surname change has also been reflected in my bank account details.

I went on to change my profile name successfully, but as soon as I changed my bank account name, I got a beneficiary name mismatch notification. My guess is that this is happening because this new name does not match the name on the documents I provided during verification.

Question:

1. How can I go on to submit the new documents bearing my new name for re-verification without losing my verification badge?
2. Are there any other things I may need to do in order get my account beneficiary name to match again, and how do I go about them if any?

Thank you.

Hi Onyedika,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4fd2b572
Community Member

I can see a name mismatch error on my account but the name on my Upwork and bank account are the same. What is the issue?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths