🐈
» Forums » Support » Wire Transfer - The beneficiary name is misma...
Page options
c3ca1bf0
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello, today, I am trying to add paypal as an additional payment method.

My full name on paypal account is Cong Dinh, which is the same on upwork account.

But upwork says:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

But I noticed that the verified name on contracts and invoices is Ding Cong. Is this the reason?

If so, this should not be a big deal!

Can you help me add paypal quickly?

Best regards.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

242 REPLIES 242
3e2f747d
Community Member

Pls, There is a mismatch on my first name on my bank account and that of upwork, but my last name is same. I have changed my name on upwork to match and it been 48 hours and it has not been resolved. Please help out 

Hi Wisdom,

Thanks for reaching out. We've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your beneficiary name has been successfully verified. Your payment method will now undergo security verification and become active in three days. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fd84044f
Community Member

Hello.

I need to use company name as account holder name in withdrawal method for my Agency. I attached bank statements which show that I'm Agencty owner and company owner. I need to get my get paid method confirmed as soon as possible.

thanks for the assitance

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Following

Hi Aleksei,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
0409850b
Community Member

Hi there,

My profile ID is currently verified.

My family and I recently changed our surname from "Aneke" to "Chimereze". This surname change has also been reflected in my bank account details.

I went on to change my profile name successfully, but as soon as I changed my bank account name, I got a beneficiary name mismatch notification. My guess is that this is happening because this new name does not match the name on the documents I provided during verification.

Question:

1. How can I go on to submit the new documents bearing my new name for re-verification without losing my verification badge?
2. Are there any other things I may need to do in order get my account beneficiary name to match again, and how do I go about them if any?

Thank you.

Hi Onyedika,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4fd2b572
Community Member

I can see a name mismatch error on my account but the name on my Upwork and bank account are the same. What is the issue?

Hi Peace,

We checked with our verification team, and they've confirmed that the mismatch has already been resolved. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
4fd2b572
Community Member

I can see a name mismatch error when i tried to add another method of payment but both the name on my upwork and bank account are the same. What do I do. 

Hi Peace,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

hello, please the mismatch error has reoccured. what can I do

0409850b
Community Member

Thank you Luggi, I'll be looking forward to getting this treated soon. Thank you.

dbd55ca7
Community Member

Hi,

My Upwork profile name and my bank account both have my last name abbreviated. However, that's not the case with my passport (which is the document I used for Upwork identity verification). I'm not able to get paid as it says "Payment method verification in progress. Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account". It's been many days and this issue is not still resolved. How do I fix this?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Hi Kruthi,

I would be happy to help. I followed up with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4fd2b572
Community Member

I can see a name mismatch error when i tried to add a method of payment but both the name on my upwork and bank account are the same. What do I do.

b29c2942
Community Member

Hi team,
I have changed my nickname with official name and verified my name with passport and national ID to identify me to let my get paid account to be active. I did submitted those statements last week but still indicated inactive. Could you pls help with this and let my added payment account to be active? Thx.

Hello, I have a similar issue. I updated my lastname but my payment method is deactivated because of name mismatch. Do I need to re-verify? If yes, how do I go about it, and if otherwise, kindly make the withdrawal option available to me. Thank you. 

Hi Han and Samuel. 

I am sorry to hear about the issue while adding your payment method. I checked both accounts and I have mentioned the next steps below to resolve this issue: 

Han, I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is already accepted. You will need to complete the all the sections on the Tax Information page to activate your payment method.

Samuel, I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members has reached out to you on the registered email address to request additional information. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
beb80a41
Community Member

When trying to add a withdrawal method, it says my payment method has been deactivated since there's a mismatch with the name, but I don't understand why this is happening, my name matches my account one.

I thought it may be because I'm from Spain and my last names contains "í" and "ñ", words that Upwork didn't let me write when I first created my account since these were "incorrect forms".

Now I have changed my last name with the "í" but I have to wait at least 48h to know if Upwork accepts this change, but this doesn't assure me that I'll be able to have a withdraw method.

What can I do? I have money that I would like to pass to my bank account.

Thank you in advanced!
Best regards
1ddf4831
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team, I have already changed my Upwork account name. But it says it doesn't match with my payment method's name, and before I fix my identity verification, I already sent to Upwork Team my driver's license, which has my full name on it. It will match with my payment method. I hope you can help me, Upwork Team. Thanks Alot!

Hi Uniz,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted. Please allow 3 days for the payment method to activate. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
30eb3515
Community Member

Hello

My Upwork account name is Mohammed Saidu and my earnings certificate name is Mohammed Saidu Abubakar and my dollar account it carries Mohammed Saidu .... I added my payment method yesterday and they said is mismatched with My earnings certificate name.

Pls I need help..

Please I want you to resolve it for me.

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for reaching out. We've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your beneficiary name has been successfully verified. You should be able to start using your payment method. 

Also, note that your payment method won't become active until you complete your Tax Information. I see that you are missing your Tax Identification Number; this is the number your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN, in India. Some countries may use a National ID number. You may find information about your country's TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
30eb3515
Community Member

Thank you 

My payment verification is inactive because I am yet to link my tax number....

But can my profile shows to clients that my payment method is verified?? Pending on when I will link my tax number.

Thank you 

barisceyhunn
Community Member

My name normally has a Turkish character.

My name is Barış Ceyhun Coşkun

But since Upwork does not accept it, I wrote my name without using Turkish characters and it says it does not match. Can you help me?

424a0548
Community Member

Hi!

I tried to add a payment method, but it was deactivated because it says that the beneficiary name on my payment method does not match the name on my Upwork account. However, it has been more than 24 hours since I changed the name in my account to the same name I use in my bank and it is still disabled.

How can I fix this?

Hi Iasmin,

I contacted the team handling the review on your payment method, and they confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your payment method is now active and ready for use. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
12658b9f
Community Member

Hi upwork, I just added a bank account on my payment method however I'm getting a message saying that the beneficiary name on my payment method does not match the name on my Upwork account. I don't understand it's under my name :((( Please how can I fix this?

494097f0
Community Member

After adding swift code (in withdrawal method), the bank name it automatically filled, but it's not complete since it's more than 35 characters (max length), and I've been getting name mismatch and emails saying that they can't find the bank,
I tried to use the abriviation and I got an email saying they didn't find it too
what to do ?
(the bank is 100% there and elegibal for all legal activities)

You write the full name of the bank in it and then enter the instructions in it

when you enter the swift code of the bank the bank information gets automaticlly filled, when you want to edit it you can't enter more than 35 characters

Hi Ons,

I've shared your financial account concerns with the appropriate team. One team member will email you more information about the status and instructions for resolving the issue. Don't hesitate to coordinate with the team if you need further assistance; they'll gladly help.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7d5575e7
Community Member

Hello, im struggling to figure out whats taking so long with my payment verification. From what i understand it takes up to 3 days to completely verify after receiving an email but i never got one. The name on my upwork account its just Alex Tirado but the name on my bank out is my full name "Alexander Jeremias Tirado". i just feel it should have been resolved by now but im not sire what to do to move forward.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
81dc36c8
Community Member

Hello Good morning

i having issue of Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account,
can your please provide me information about this what is issue don't match my beneficiary name on your payment method

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Kinjal,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted now. Please update your the Tax Information page to activate your withdrawal. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
jesseaaron
Community Member

It still claims that there is a discrepancy. There isn't. My verified name on my government ID is the same as my profile name. I originally gave my PayPal account, which also had my legal name on it, and it says there was a discrepancy. I went to a brick-and-mortar bank thinking the extra security of a physical bank would fix it. Registered also using my legal name. I even gave them the same ID Upwork has on file. The literal only thing that says anything different is my user ID. Contact Us AI made it clear there was a difference between user ID and profile name, presumably the name on your contact information under the word "name". So again, there is no discrepancy. Any help that I can get that doesn't neglect the fact that I am a verified account and doesn't repeat the same thing on the help page ver-batem would be much appreciated.

Some moderator will create ticket for you. Support assist required if automatic procedure failed.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, Jesse,

I reached out directly to the review team, who confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. You can expect your new payment method to be active in three days. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths