🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: How to verify account
Page options
5cb59c16
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi Team, 

Today I got my Identity Verification tab in my settings, I have a few questions: -

Q.1) I don't have any last legal name so how are you guys gonna verify my Identity?

Q.2) In my UpWork profile, my current name is "Tushar Sharma", but legally I don't have a last name so what should I do next to get my UpWork Account Verified?

Q.3) My last name in my UpWork profile i.e. "Sharma" is used by me because it was required by UpWork account registration

Let me know your thoughts on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tushar,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,385 REPLIES 2,385
4e1c906e
Community Member

I wan to purchase connect on upwork. There were some issue with my master card. I requested my colleague to attach his bank master card, So I could buy connects. One card attachement, Upwork start asking for validation. The validation form have three fields. Name, date of birth and upload photo.
The name field is disable and contian name of my colleague (i mean card holder name) not my name. Is this validation for the bank account holder? not for upwork account holder?

Is this any violation of upwork term and condition? That we can not attach someone bank card? 
I have no issue to provide my or my colleague Identity.

Please help.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Shaheryar,

It violates Upwork's TOS if you're not an authorized user of the card in question. Our team will seek to validate the transaction and determine if you're authorized to use the billing method. However, It looks like you've removed the billing method you're referring to. Please check this help article to learn more about managing your billing methods best.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4e1c906e
Community Member

Thanks for the help. I have checked help article  my case is different. I can add that billing method again. What should be my next step. Should I provide identity of Card Holder which I can? I can not add the billing method again as my profile is in review.
Will upwork block my account? and what if my colleague is aslo using his card on his upwork profile as well? Will it effect his account? 

I am new to this platform. 

Can someone please share how to create request to customer. As I am totally blank. The chat-bot doesn't have enough information. 

Lets say, If i did something wrong, what will be the out-come?
Thanks

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, Shaheryar. If this concerns your original post, you can re-add the billing method if you wish. Note that you may need to verify the account holder's identity to be able to use it. If anything else needs to be done, or if any flags are raised on our end, the relevant team will notify you and let you know the next steps you need to take.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8c9e8c12
Community Member

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork

Mohsin Ali

Hi Mohsin,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. This process cannot be requested nor initiated manually. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
71b5a28f
Community Member

guys i am pissed i uploaded my id 3rd time yestarday but still its showing this message (We're unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later) please help me as now when i click on identity verification it shows that some features of your account is now restricted.
Kindly help me solve this issue if anyone from upwork team seeing this do reach me out as i tried evey format 
JPG,PNG,Others as well but still they are showing this message (We're unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later).

Hi Shahwaiz,

I'm sorry you're having trouble verifying your ID. I can see that the relevant team contacted you via this support ticket with more information regarding your submission. Kindly refer to the ticket and don't hesitate to follow up with the team through that ticket if you have additional questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
abdullah_ostaz
Community Member

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork, I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but still cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help please.

Once you receive job offer you get verification option in upwork. 

Hi Abdullah,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. This process cannot be requested nor initiated manually. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
1824db33
Community Member

how my id is verified 

Hi Akhter,

~ AJ
Upwork
104e718b
Community Member

Hello,

I have a complex issue regarding confirmation of my identity, which I truly believe may be solved only in private with a Customer Support agent. I need to have it solved ASAP, as there already is an active contract. How can I reach out directly to Upwork?

Best,

Oleksandr

Hi Oleksandr,

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
71b5a28f
Community Member

Guys please solve this issue its 4th time my id is rejected again i don't know whats the issue please 🥺 solve this as iam getting very frustrated.

Hi Shahwaiz,

I am sorry to hear about your verification request. I can see that one of our team members has already reached out to you via a support ticket to clarify the reason and shared the next steps with you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
4d26deb4
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

There appears to be no way to create a support ticket at https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Today I received a request to verify identity and once I uploaded a photo of my document, it said there was a problem.

I'd like to create a ticket as I have an interview tomorrow for an Upwork job I submitted Connects for.

Thanks!

Aaron

Aaron,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I tried that already and got this reply

On Sun, Sep 24, 2023 at 6:08 PM Upwork <support@upwork.com> wrote:

We have moved your support experience in order to provide you with faster, more personalized and direct support.

To receive additional assistance, please explore the Upwork Academy. There you can view and complete learning paths to help jumpstart your success on Upwork. You may also find assistance through engaging with other Upwork users like yourself in our active Upwork Community or visit our Help Center to find helpful support articles.

655 Montgomery ST STE 490, DPT 17022 San Francisco, CA 94111-2676
© 2023 Upwork® Inc.

Logging into the support center, it looks like Upwork's Zendesk account autoclosed the email request I sent to 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Screen Shot 2023-09-24 at 10.17.19 PM.png

Aaron,

That is an error that is frequently in Support.

Instead use the email that Upwork sent back to you to interact. That has always worked.

Hi Aaron,

I am sorry to hear about your experience reach our support team. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. One of our team members will respond to you as soon as possible. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you Pradeep, got things sorted out with support

markray-micah
Community Member

Both my government ID and my photo have been getting verified for over 3 business days now, but I have not received a notification of acceptance or rejection.

Can someone on the Upwork team please advise? 

Hi Micah,

I've reached out directly to the team handling the review, and one of the members will be in contact with further assistance via email. You may also check the ticket linked to your case on this page for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8ed32817
Community Member

Hello, 

I recently uploaded my Philhealth ID as I dont have any other Valid IDs due to my personal belonging was stolen before. 

Its showing in the banner that if its not verified it can put my account on hold. Tomorrow is the day which si September 27,2023. 

Been submitting it since I created my account but it kept on showing either failed or still reviewing. 

Im concern because if my account will be hold I wont be able to continue working? 

Please help. 
Thank you

Hi Gladys,

Thanks for reaching out. It looks like our team has already reached out to you with instructions on how you can complete the verification. Please refer to your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
cmp123
Community Member

Why do i need to send my docs in i did before?

e4bb7046
Community Member

Hello. How can I verify my account? I can't find the option to verify account.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Guiliana,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please be reminded that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification.

You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
yousef_montash
Community Member

hey,

i didn't know about the id verification before, as i got my first client this message appeared "Action required: Verify your identity by 09/28/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork." i have submitted my details now and i wonder what will happen if the review delayed till i receive the response after 09/28/2023 UTC, what will this do to affect my account.

I am new at Upwork.  I am not sure how the connects work?  I applied for the jobs and got unresponsive customer, I thought after withdrawing I wll get my connects back. But I have not.  How do I get my connects back even if I have 0 conversation with the customers?  It is not my fault that I have not heard back from them.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Shaila,

Thank you for reaching out and raising this query. Please know that we return Connects If the client cancels a project before a contract is made and If we remove a project’s post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service. Connects used for a withdrawn proposal will not be returned to your account. Feel free to check this help article to learn more about how Connects works.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Yousef,

This is a good question, and thank you for bringing this up. If you don’t verify your identity within seven days of notification, we will place a hold on your account. The hold will prevent you from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or appearing in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts, and we will be happy to remove it once you’ve verified your identity.

You may want to check this help article for more information about ID Verification. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ccda72f9
Community Member

Hey! I can't see any Identity verification section in my account settings. How can I get to it? My account is 5-6 months old.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi David,

I took a closer look at your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
936155ed
Community Member

In my profile there is no verify account option sp now where i can verify my account . i also try the direct link from feedback but it throwing an 404 error why ?

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Muhammad,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. 

You may want to check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths