🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Identity Verification
Page options
5cb59c16
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi Team, 

Today I got my Identity Verification tab in my settings, I have a few questions: -

Q.1) I don't have any last legal name so how are you guys gonna verify my Identity?

Q.2) In my UpWork profile, my current name is "Tushar Sharma", but legally I don't have a last name so what should I do next to get my UpWork Account Verified?

Q.3) My last name in my UpWork profile i.e. "Sharma" is used by me because it was required by UpWork account registration

Let me know your thoughts on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tushar,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,385 REPLIES 2,385

Hi Urooj,

I'm sorry you haven't been able to verify your identity. I see that the team reached out to you with more information via this support ticket. Kindly refer to it and don't hesitate to follow up with them if you have questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fe26aaae
Community Member

Hi! Well, I've just lost my first contract because I don't have a verified ID. So thanks Upwork! Great working with you! And while I wait for you to decide whether you FEEL like verifying my ID, how many MORE contracts will I lose? 

I am very sorry to hear about this Brett. This is a major problem here on Upwork. If you have to verify the ID, why don't @Upwork do it earlier? When they verify your profile, ID verification should be a part of that process. Doing it separately, when you have a potential client around is totally absurd!!! They certainly need to fix this blunder. 

idress23
Community Member

Hi,

Upwork team anyone help me for "ID Verfication Badge" I don't have any option "ID Verification" in my profile setting.

Let me know your thoughts on it.

Muhammad, you'll see that option in your settings when you are eligible for that. & mostly you are eligible when you are in the interview process with your prospect. It won't appear earlier (that is totally weird and absurd tho!) 

5f878a1f
Community Member

Don't know what to do?  Need Help!

I have submitted  "Visual verification" for 15 days but I am not getting any response. Neither Accepted or Reject. Will Upwork ever finish the process? If not what should I do?

Hi Nazib,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
1b4020d6
Community Member

I see this messsage for weeks now. It's stuck and not moving forward. Please help.

"We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day."

Community Member

Who can help me?

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Garry,

I have checked your account; it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. 

Also, your account has no restrictions, so that you can submit proposals to potential clients. Could you please tell us more about the error you're experiencing when submitting a proposal? We'll look into that and assist you accordingly.

In the meantime, you may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ddca3662
Community Member

I am trying to pass  Location verification, upload my bank statement ( TBC - Georgian bank), country on my account is Georgia. Support beclines it. What format statement should be in for support to accept it? Attaching what I am trying

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Andrei,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
339f02f8
Community Member

Hi Community, 

I need help with Identify Verification. I uploaded my documents a couple weeks ago and I didn't hear back from upwork. I assumed that they had issues with the document I uploaded, so I uploaded another. I tried contacting support but it was quite impersonal and not really helpful. I eventually was contacted via a "Request" which was actually much better than the bot. I tried uploading another ID however I get a message saying upwork doesn't support the ID i am uploading. This is weird becuase I have only tried to upload official IDs. I am unable to submit proposals so this is really not a good experiece. I am also unable to generate a support request to upwork and the bot is not helping. Can anyone please advise on how best to resolve this issue?

I understand that identity verification issues can be frustrating. In situations like these, it's important to take steps to ensure a smoother resolution. Here are some suggestions:

1. Double-Check Requirements: Make sure you are uploading the correct type of identification that Upwork accepts. Typically, they require government-issued IDs such as a passport or driver's license. Check Upwork's guidelines to ensure you are following their requirements precisely.

2. Contact Upwork Support Again: While your previous experience with Upwork support might not have been ideal, it's still worth reaching out to them again. Clearly explain your situation and the challenges you are facing. You may want to include details about the documents you are trying to upload and the error messages you are receiving.

3. Be Persistent: If you don't receive a satisfactory response initially, consider trying again. It's possible that different support agents may have different levels of expertise or may approach the issue in a different way.

4. Alternative Communication Channels: Upwork may have different communication channels, such as email or live chat. Explore these options to see if you can connect with a support representative through a different method.

5. Social Media: Some companies are responsive to customer inquiries on social media platforms. You could try reaching out to Upwork through their official social media accounts to see if you can get assistance.

6. Check Upwork Community Forum: Sometimes, community forums can be helpful. Check if Upwork has a community forum where users share their experiences and solutions. Other freelancers may have encountered similar issues and could offer guidance.

7. Patience: Unfortunately, resolution times can vary. Be patient and persistent in your attempts to communicate with Upwork. They may be dealing with a high volume of requests, and it could take time for your issue to be addressed.

Remember to remain calm and professional in your communications. Providing clear and concise information about your issue will increase the likelihood of a swift resolution.

5b7ef9e8
Community Member

hi team my visual verification is pending fo long time now. id verification and local verification is complete.
i am not able to make any progress.

Attaches screen shot for reference.

m_dawg
Community Member

Same here, visual verification has been pending since around 6 days (incl. 2 weekends).

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Mahad,

I've checked on the status of your ID Verification and it looks like the document you've submitted has been rejected.  Please know that If the system is rejecting your ID, it means the submission was denied.

Kindly consider submitting other alternate Valid Government-issued ID. You can also refer to the email sent by our review team for more information about acceptable documents and best practices when submitting your ID for approval.

Once you are ready to resubmit, access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab to continue. 
Please check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
m_dawg
Community Member

Hello,

First of all, thanks for replying.

I had resubmitted my ID with a clearer picture before your reply, if it fails again I'll try my passport, after which I would be running out of options as I have no other valid documents currently and I'm in a bit of a hurry here unfortunately as there's a job I would not like to miss.

I'll go through the article you've shared.

Thanks for your help!

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Thasif,

I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. I can confirm that your ID has been verified. You should now see the ID verified badge on your profile to validate the action taken on your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
97bafc2e
Community Member

Hello, 

For my identity verification, I didn't get other option of government certified id and  Upwork is requesting for passport only ..

But I dont have passport right now

Please address this issue!!

Hi Sulab,

Could you please try again and select the option to upload a passport but upload the available document? If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
97bafc2e
Community Member

Thank you for your feedback.

I tried again multiple times but could not get the job done.It still says "It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID. Please try again with one of the following supported types. "

Please address this issue

Hi Sulab,

You can refer to the list of acceptable documents and try uploading the supported documents again. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
b86aee2a
Community Member

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. All the fields are greyed out while trying to apply for the job.

How to resolve it?

Thanks!

Karthik

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Karthik,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties verifying your ID. Please know that If the system is rejecting your ID, it means the submission was denied. Kindly consider submitting other alternate Valid Government-issued ID. You can also refer to the email sent by our review team for more information about acceptable documents and best practices when submitting your ID for approval.

Once you are ready to resubmit, access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab to continue. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
linktekglobal
Community Member

during apply for a job the ID verification screen appeared, I fill the first screen with name, dob and etc.  On the 2nd page it required to add the image of ID (that is my cnic) but it doesn't upload the the image or support it.

please guid

Hi Daud,

I can confirm that your ID has been uploaded and is now being reviewed by the team. Please allow them time, and you will surely get an update on the status of your ID Verification once your document is thoroughly checked.

~ Arjay
Upwork
alexandra_dp
Community Member

HI, I have the same issue, Please verify my identity before Nov 29. I submitted my identity card and also did visual verification, and my profile pic is also clear, now please Upwork approve my identity. please review my profile and respond and if you need any verification I am also available . I am unable to submit a ticket. thanks, But please verify my identity before Nov 29 Upwork gave me a deadline of Nov 29.

Hi Alexandra,

I've contacted the ID review team, and they confirmed that the document you submitted has been verified. Kindly allow 24 hours for your visual verification to be thoroughly reviewed, and you will get an update on the status once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork
339f02f8
Community Member

Hi Malik,

Thank you for your feedback. It is very helpful. I have been trying to find email support but it's not directly available. I will keep trying and hopefully upwork will be able to get to me.

Regards,

Albert

b1f5d31e
Community Member

The submit a ticket section is not working and the chatbot is not helping as well. I am trying to verify my account with my driver's license but it is only asking for a passport. Please assist. 

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Jose,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties verifying your ID. Please know that If the system is rejecting your ID, it means the submission was denied. Kindly consider submitting other alternate Valid Government-issued ID.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b1f5d31e
Community Member

I only have my drivers license, no passport as yet, is the passport now mandatory? 

Hi Jose,

Could you try to complete the verification process by selecting the option to upload a passport? Once you access it, you may try uploading any available document. If you still encounter any issues, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
19ac001c
Community Member

It has been days that i submitted Drivers license and no response from Upwork. I want to hire, but, cannot seem to get Upwork to respond to my ID verification. And, there is no live chat support or telephone support. I have uploaded details several times. How long does it take? And, is Upwork for real? Or, did I just submit my ID to a predatory company? 

Hi there,

I checked, and it looks like someone from the verification team contacted you through a support ticket. Please check the information they provided on the ticket by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
05815a03
Community Member

I have a problem please, I don't see identity verification on my settings. If 'Identity verification' from the options available in the help center, the page isn't available it brings an error. Anyone who just opened their account recently can you please help?

digitalpiloto
Community Member

Hello all,

My profile verification has been pending for over 15 days. I have submitted the required document and conducted the facial recognition part successfully. I am not able to place a bid, which is affecting my work. 

If you know how to resolve the issue. Please let me know.

According to UpWork the profile should be verified within 3 working days, but I am yet to get any update.

Regards,
Amlan

Hi Amlan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
a9122909
Community Member

I'm from Nigeria and the only government-issued ID we have is the NIMC slip and I tried uploading it but they are not accepting it. Please what can I do?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths