🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Apply Now button is greyed out - why can'...
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,327 REPLIES 2,327
56a7db8a
Community Member

Hello there! I'm new to upwork. I can't seem to find the identity verification option. I want to verify my identity and have a blue badge beside my name. Anyone knows, how to do that? I heard you can't send proposals and get paid if your identity is not verified.

I had this notification last week. What does this mean? Is it different from account verification?

IMG_0392.jpeg

i have issue with ID verification as well. Im now starting a new job as QA, i want to apply to another QA job but the apply button is grayed out for me until I complete ID verification which I did. I hope someone is checking out the concerns

Hi Andrea,

I checked, and you have not yet completed the ID verification process. Please complete the steps as soon as possible so our verification team can review them. If they need more information from you, they will contact you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Ericka May,

We’ll let you know when it’s time for you to earn the "Identity Verified" badge by sending an email and showing you a notification when you log into your Upwork account. You can’t verify before we notify you. Learn more about the process to verify your identity here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
bca4b278
Community Member

Hello dear support,

I just got a job, now. But Upwork sent me an Identity Verification. I completed the steps, government-issued photo ID, and selfie. 

When I get the identity verification, can you help me for verification?

Thank you from now, 
Kind regards.

And there is a problem i think;

After verifying, confirmation buttons appear on the screen, I did this process twice. But when I refresh the page afterwards, it looks like I haven't sent it at all. I would be very grateful if you could help me. I attached the files, you can see the difference.

Hi Bilal,

I checked with our verification team, and I'd like to confirm that the ID verified badge is already added to your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bca4b278
Community Member

Hello dear Joanne,

yes, verified badge is added to my profile.

Thanks for interested. 🙂

53dc3e62
Community Member

He tried to do a job, so he was asked to verify my account first so that I could apply for jobs, so I clicked on the link and went to the verification page, and the first page that appeared gave me the choice between sending a link to the phone or using QR. I received the link on my phone number, but it did not work, and when Clicking on it keeps me on the same page, and the same applies when I go to QR. This is a huge mistake!

Hi Mohammad,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the verification process. Could you please try again after clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Please let us know if you still encounter the same issue. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bd2bee2c
Community Member

Hello so this is important and a complicating matter. I've filed some Suspension appeal but it seems to be not working correctly and maybe misleading at some point so I'm leaving this note.

I'm currently in the middle of changing my leagal name. My original leagal name was 정예의 which is Yeui Jung in English and I'm changing into 정우연 which is Wooyeon Jung in English. 

And because I was just about to change into Wooyeon I first set my account name into Wooyeon.

But you see, my bank account and my address name and all is still in the name of Yeui, and of course My government ID card's name is in the name of Yeui.

So I was trying to change my account's name into Yeui agian, But then, I was blocked!

I was unverified, they told me to change my profile picture into my full face and than try again, But I was unable to change the picture too.

I want to change all my information into the name of Yeui for now and after all my legal name change is done I like to file the name change and verification again. But first I am Yeui Jung now. 

I have to change the picture and then the name and then be verified but everything is not working.

Please Please help me out here. I'm so lost. 

Hi Wooyeon,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
aaaa6570
Community Member

I have submitted my identity verification details 6-7 days ago but it's not verified yet 

febrian_surya
Community Member

Hi LuiggiR,

I have same problem, my account can not Appply Now, and the button is grey. Please help me to fixing it. Thank you

Hi Febrian,

It appears that you need to complete a verification process to continue applying for jobs. Please visit your Identity Verification settings page and click on "Continue" to upload the required documentation. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
eec27f56
Community Member

TRIED SENDING MESSAGES MULTIPLE TIMES TO MY PHONE AND I DIDNT RECEIVE ANY MESSAGES SO THAT I CAN CONTINUE WITH THE VERIFICATION PROCESS PLEASE HELP I NEED TO VERIFY MY IDENTITY.

Hi Albert,

I'm sorry you're having trouble completing the verification process. You should have the option to scan a QR code instead; could you please try that and let us know if you're still having trouble? We'll gladly assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jesspitts123
Community Member

Hi there, 

I have sent my ID book photos to Upwork and I received an email saying it was approved but when I access my account it says I still need to verify my identity. Another problem I am facing is that my ID book is a South African one, which is where I am based, and my country of birth on my ID is the United Arab Emirates..it says my ID document must be from the same country as I reside in and it is. Please let me know what I can do as I only have 3 days remaining until my account is deleted and I have a payment pending.

Looking forward to hearing from you
Jessica

Hi Jessica,

I see that this additional step you're referring to is to verify your location. In your case, you should upload a government-issued photo ID that confirms you live in the country shown on your profile. When ready, go to your Identity Verification settings page to upload the required document. Feel free to check out this article for more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
elventro
Community Member

Hi,
I have tried many times to verify my ID verification and my account but it doesn't appear in my settings.
Can you please help me in this situation.

Hi Shihab,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mezoor
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

It's been 48 hours since I submitted my identity verification and I still cannot apply to jobs.

Hi Mazen,

I see that your latest submission was rejected, and an email notification with more information was sent to you. Please go back to your Identity Verification page to resubmit your ID for review. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mezoor
Community Member

I already got rejected once before and I resubmitted again 2 days ago. This was my second submission. I tried using my National ID card and my driver's license and both times were rejected? And no I only received an email the first time it got rejected, I haven't received another one from Upwork. There has to be another awy to verify my identity, even if there's a live call or video call with any of your agents.

The information in my ID is written in Arabic and our National IDs and driving licenses do not contain a signature which is required as one of the criteria so please I would appreciate any help.

Thank you for letting us know, Mazen. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mezoor
Community Member

Hey Luiggi, sorry for bothering you again. My ticket has been open for more than 48 hours and still nothing was resolved.

0a6c7695
Community Member

Hi upwork, im receiving link verification via sms but it doesnt work after clicked it. So how can i verify ? Is have another method?

Hi Barirah,

I'm sorry to learn this method isn't working for you. Could you please try using the option of scanning the QR code you're being provided at the start of the verification process? Let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0a6c7695
Community Member

Im trying with qr code too but still not working . How ya? 

0a6c7695
Community Member

Im trying with another web browser after getting the sms link but still not working . I reattampt so many times until it have warning message overlimit sending verification . Please help me  . Thanks

Thank you for letting us know, Barirah. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a68c56ec
Community Member

Hy everybody

I wold like to know what´s wrong in my upwork profile that doesn't le me obtain the ID verification of my account.

Thanks for your suggestions.

LUIS MEDINA

Hi Luis,

I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you regarding your verification status. I've followed up with the team handling it and can confirm that your account has been verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d616eb41
Community Member

My account could not be confirmed due to non-clear documents, so I want to verify again, but the page is not diverting towards the identity verification; it is still showing the same, so I would like to suggest that you resolve the problem. I called chat support, but I am not satisfied with the response, therefore I am looking forward to favourable responses. so that i can be verified my identity.

Hello Pravinkumar,

Could you please try scanning the QR code provided to proceed with the verification? Let us know if you're still having trouble after that and we'll gladly assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d616eb41
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Yes, I have been trying for the last week, but the results remain the same. I would want to request to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Thanks

Thank you for following up, Pravinkumar.

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d616eb41
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I've been waiting for a while, so it would be beneficial if my identity verification was finished quickly.

Thanks

Pravinkumar 

Hi Team,

I've been encountering this difficulty from last 15 day's. I am unable to apply for a job since the apply button is not visible; please resolve the problem.

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-03-23 210148.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths