🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
35c60370
Community Member

Identity Verification

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork, I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but still cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Trisha Mae,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,030 REPLIES 1,030

I am a muhammad hadi for starting for freelancer and bussness

a0e39532
Community Member

Hello, 

I am trying to verify my identity using my residence permit card but It doesn’t work. 

After submitting the required document on the website it just disappears after some hours without sending any notification.

I am wondering if it is possible to get my identity verified with my residence permit card (which allows me to work full-time in France)

Thanks

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
a0e39532
Community Member

Hello, 

I am trying to verify my identity using my residence permit card but It doesn’t work. 

After submitting the required document on the website it just disappears after some hours without sending any notification.

I am wondering if it is possible to get my identity verified with my residence permit card (which allows me to work full-time in France)

Thanks

Hi Mohamed,

I checked and it looks like your identity verification is already successful. You may want to check these few Upwork Academy courses below to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork
19cd53d2
Community Member

Hi there. This is Mohamed. I registered to Upwork about 1 or 2 months ago. I got a notification to verify my account by April 7, so I uploaded my ID card to Upwork. But I got following message and my account hasn't been verified yet. “We're unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later”. How can I verify my account? Please help me.

db5aafc1
Community Member

Per instructions, I uploaded my ID on upwork ID verification page only for it to outright reject it. I wanted to try again but when I reloaded the page, it did not let me. When I click on upwork support and ask about ID problems, it tries to take me to the page again but the page says error. I do not know why the system rejected my ID and also why the website does not let me try uploading it again but I would like to fix this problem asap.

I am having the exact same issue today

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Anni, I have exact same problem, how can I upload my id?

Hi Ketevani,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
589092fc
Community Member

Hi Nikola, I have exact same problem, how can I y\upload my id?

Hi Shradda,

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to be investigated further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork
c6168830
Community Member

I've submitted my US passport twice and keep getting message that it will take 1-3 business days. It shows that today is my deadline to verify and I had submitted since about a week ago. Please update me. 

a9929c5c
Community Member

Hi Trisha Mae,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

~Onkar S

84079b82
Community Member

Identify verification.

I submitted an application for verification 7 ago, but still have not received any result. What is the reason for this? Can you help me?

Hi Sherling,

Thank you for reaching out and we sincerely apologize for the delay. I reached out to the team handling the review and they confirmed that your ID is now verified. You should now be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

How much time should it take to Upwork team to verify my ID verificatin. How much time means:- Days or months.

Please ma'am tell me.

da0b7da1
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to Upwork and needed to upload my Government issued ID to apply for a job, but failed a couple of times due to the name on the ID and the name I'm using on Upwork didn't match. I went ahead and changed my Upwork account name so that it matches exactly that on the ID and tried a couple more times uploading but failed for some reason and now I'm getting the following statement.

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

I can't find any way to resolve this from the link. Please help me as soon as possible. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties verifying your ID. I've converted your post into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you and update your ticket here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
da0b7da1
Community Member

Thank you. Will be waiting for your response. 

Additionally, when I tried to change my name, even when I did change my name and push updated, it doesn't seem to register my new name and keeps the old name. This may also be the cause of this issue. 

Hi Steve,

It seems like you've already updated your ticket. Please allow time for our team to review your message and provide an update on the same ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
8209fe03
Community Member

I want to verify myself on Upwork, but it's been around 6 months or more since I haven't received any email from Upwork for verification, and I also didn't find the verification section in my account settings.

Hi Haseeb,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8209fe03
Community Member

Thankyou Arjay for this kind information.

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork? I have already completed my profile on Upwork but still cannot see the option for identity verification. What should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and that I am able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help, please.

2d7f089d
Community Member

How much time should it take to Upwork team to verify my ID verificatin. How much time means:- Days or months.

arkam09
Community Member

Hi,

I have an Upwork account created under my name, but for some reason, I used my father's government ID for the verification process. During the video call verification, I was informed by the agent that sharing an account is not allowed on Upwork.
I am willing to redo the verification process, but I am unsure how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi Arkam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
3f03d726
Community Member

I've been having the same issue. I was googling the error response and came upon this thread. I have to verify identity but I need to change my profile picture first but every time I try, the response is the same. 

Hi Shauvik,

Thank you for reaching out. Please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork
amnalaraib
Community Member

Hello! I'm also having issues uploading a new profile picture. I tried doing it from my mobile, laptop, and desktop but it's not changing.  Can you please solve this issue? 

Regards,

Hi Amna,

We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork

I have already completed the Id verification process and I'm trying to change my older picture to new one but it didn't work.

Hi Amna,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm the error message you get while trying to change your profile picture?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi!

I don't get any error msgs. The picture doesn't change. It remains the same even after the "picture uploaded" process.

Hi Amna,

We’ve escalated your post to a support ticket where one of our agents can assist you further. Thank you for posting in the community!

~Andrea
Upwork

How much time should it take to Upwork team to verify my account. How much time means:- Days or months.

please tell me miss.

etyned
Community Member

I also don't see an Identify verification option on my Profile Settings. How can I submit an application for verification?

Hi Denys,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths