🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,555 REPLIES 2,555

Hi Akram,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6fd64b9c
Community Member

I am unable to apply for jobs, I'm wondering if it's because my identity verification is still being reviewed?

Hi John,

That is correct. Once your identity is verified, you can continue submitting proposals. I see that the team is currently reviewing your submission manually. Please allow 1-3 days for the review to be completed. The team will let you know if there’s anything else you need to do.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
30f46999
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my identity to become a freelancer. When I click to have a text sent to me on this page it keeps sending me a URL link. The URL takes me back to the same page. I'm in a loop and did not get a text with a code. I tried chat and it will not connect me to a human. There is nowhere to submit a support ticket. How do I get this resolved?

30f46999_0-1715966247178.png

Hi Michele,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here in the Community. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

9d45e959
Community Member

Hello Upwork team, 

Am a Sudanese refugee currently in uganda. we were issued Id cards by the office of the prime minister of the Republic of Uganda, not a UNHCR Id card. your system did not recognise it. my question is do you accept said id card, if not what else can I provide to complete verification process.

thanks. 

Hi Eman,

Thank you for your message. I followed up with the team handling your request and I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now. Feel free to message us if you need any other assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
aae9eff7
Community Member

Hello

Really glad to be in contact with the Upwork.This is my new account and I got a job today that required verification. I have done the verification I have not been given any notice yet due to which my verification is not complete now ,I have so many problems my client is remember my account is disabled .This is my first job I don't want to lose it now what should I do hope you guys help me

c4e3fd06
Community Member

Hi Abdullahi,

Thank you for your message. I checked, and it appears that your account was limited while we waited to verify it. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now. You should be able to apply for jobs now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

4ff4ff08
Community Member

Hello,

I'm having trouble verifying my identity. I submitted my digital National ID, which is not a photocopy but an image of the actual Digital National ID, and I believe it was rejected. Now, when I try to verify again, I receive an error. When I click "Continue," I don't see any form to upload my ID again. Please help!

Thank you in advance.

Hi John,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. When you click "Continue" you should have the option to either scan a QR code or send a text message to a specific number to move forward. Could you please share and let us know if you see this? If not, could you please share a screengrab of what you see on your end so we can better assist?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8d8f13df
Community Member

I have submitting Id card 3 times, but my id card is not submitted yet. Please take a look at my problem

Hi Shakhawat,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hallo fellow freelancers and upworkers , I submitted my Government issued  ID for verification,  I did everything correctly, I used my Driver's license,  but till today  my verification is still pending  I'm not yet able to bid for jobs my account is on hold  they say it usually takes 48 to 72 hours but I'm way past that it's day 5 today kindly  advise me on what I need  to do , upwork  requested that I should  verify my Identifying after I got my first project 

Screenshot_20240515_084121_Chrome.jpg

Hi Ronald,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission has been rejected. Please try uploading documents again from the Settings page. The list of acceptable documents is on this help page.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi thank you for the swift response  ,please kindly  advise  on the reason for the rejection  so that I will be able to rectify accordingly,  I also have resubmitted a clear attachment of my document again for review  please  kindly advise Thank you

03b5ec6e
Community Member

Hi! Community Members,

I want help regarding my ID verification badge. I have ompleted my profile 100% how can I earn verification badge?

Regards,

Sidra A.

Hi Sidra, 
Once you will be get the first project and you will be having a video call from Upwork support to get the verification badge. If you will be able to answer them correctly with your identity.. 

Thank you 

Hi Shahrukh,

Thank you very much for your assistance. I am really obliged.

Hi Sidra,

I want to clarify that we routinely ask freelancers and clients to verify their identities. This cannot be initiated or requested. We'll let you know when it’s time for you to earn the Identity Verified badge by emailing you and notifying you when you log into your Upwork account. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
03b5ec6e
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

Alright, I get it now. Thamk you so much for your kinf words.

Regards,

Sidra A.

4c70a841
Community Member

Hi, I have followed all suggestions given, but it is more than 3 days now, and nothing yet. Please what should I do next, Do I have to apple again?? Thank you.

Hi Norman,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission has been rejected. Please try uploading documents again from the Settings page. The list of acceptable documents is on this help page.

- Pradeep

Upwork
66a1d3ec
Community Member

66a1d3ec_0-1716098963670.png

Do I need to do anything if this shows? 

Hi Oswald,

I checked and it appears that you have already uploaded your documents for review. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Please, mine is more than 3 days now. Can you assist? i followed your suggestions

40ead4f2
Community Member

My account was suspended, I didn't do anything wrong.
and my ID verification keeps getting rejected, I think my ID is clear.

Please help

Hi Muhammad,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble verifying your account. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
0141fab2
Community Member

I was prompted to verify my Identity. However, I can't proceed because I'm stuck on the "Choose how to continue on a mobile device" page. I can't seem to access my account when I scan the QR code and I also never receive any SMS when I choose the verify with mobile number option. Please Help.

Hi Hilary,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork
ahmedjs
Community Member

Hello,

I already earned an Identity Verified and still received warning message to verify my identity

image.pngScreenshot 2024-05-19 161028.png

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
467a7d7f
Community Member

Hello all,

I'm a British freelancer living in the Dubai, UAE.

I initially tried to verify my identity with my UAE ID card, and appeared on camera. Apparently that didn't work, as I was asked to do it again a few days later once I secured a contract. This time I used my UK passport and appeared on camera again. 

Now I've received an email saying I need to verify my identity because my ID (UK) and location (UAE) don't match. But when I click the link in the email there's no way for me to do anything. It just shows me this list (attached screenshot), which as far as I'm aware, I've already completed...

Please let me know if I'm missing something and can upload additional documents somehow, or if there's a way I can speak to an actual human in customer support.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry if that was confusing. I notified the team handling your case, and you should now be able to complete the additional verification step on your Identity Verification settings page. Also, one of our agents contacted you via a support ticket with more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
467a7d7f
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Thanks for this. I think my ID and video have been accepted now. I'm just waiting for my additional document to be accepted. I've submitted it a couple of times but not had any response or notification that the review is pending. 

Please can you help me get this sorted? 

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
68560fe8
Community Member

Also experiencing verification issues. After submitting my Passport i got an email stating that my verification ID cannot be accepted which is odd since its a passport.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths