🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
62a69ea0
Community Member

Hello!

I registered on the site, filled out my profile 100%, but the verification button is not displayed in the settings, I tried to find it, but there is no such button (Pass ID verification) anywhere, I am very frustrated as I can't start working without verifying my account, I need qualified help! Where can I find the link to ID verification if it is not in the settings section?

I found this link https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/
But it is not working for me (We can't find this page.). Please help.

Hi Piotr,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

- Pradeep

Upwork
223c11af
Community Member

Hello,

i did step by step everything, but it has been already being more then 4 Busisness Days and it still on "We'll check that the country where your ID is from matches the country in your profile."

Hi Marcello,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your ID verification process. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
223c11af
Community Member

Hello.

I spoke with the support, i tried to send the government-issued photo ID again, but now:

Show us a government-issued photo ID:is still in process

Appear on camera: at first it was Ok, but now its "To show us it's really you, take an automatic selfie or join a video chat." and the website dont let me make a new one.
Submit for identity review: If we can't instantly verify you, we'll start a manual review process.
d59bc048
Community Member

Please anyone review my Upwork account for me have created it for 2 months now and they haven't verify so please I need help with that.

Hi Awoniyi,

We understand you want to get your ID verified. However, I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself and that it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information on the ID verification process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a156c2e5
Community Member

Mine was approved successfully, thank you, Upwork team.

eff8b09c
Community Member

Hi! I'm having trouble with the Appear on camera option with my identity verification. It doesn't redirect me to a camera on my phone. Is there a way to resolve this quickly?

Hi Julienne,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it appears that you have already managed to submit your selfie photo for verification. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help!

- Pradeep

Upwork
neerajvasudeva
Community Member

Who can help me in verifying my identity. It says come on video chat or upload photo. I don't have any option within settings to upload photo. This is frustating. I don't even see a customer care no. where i can reach out to someone.

Refer to attached screenshot.

niccologarcia24
Community Member

Hi I'm trying to pass the identity verification but it doesn't seem to recognize the Unified Multi-purpose ID that is issued by the Philippine Government. It has all the required elements of an ID. Tried the AI chat but found no solutions. 

Hi Niccolo,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the ID card you submitted was not acceptable. You have the option to resubmit the ID from the Settings page. To complete your verification more efficiently, you can refer to the tips section on this help page.

- Pradeep

Upwork

If your ID shows a picture of you wearing glasses, wear glasses or take them off while verifying.

7683ff0f
Community Member

Hi,

I still haven't receive any update regarding account verification, it's been a few days since I submitted my ID. Please help.

I still haven't receive any update after submitting my ID for the account verification.

Screenshot.png

Please help, it's been almost a week but still have not heard anything back regarding the update. 

129c4190
Community Member

Hi , I  not able to verify my identity . I have completed first two steps of showing goverment id and appear on camera , in third step , submit for review , I m not able to submit my identity for review.

Hi Ashi,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. I checked your account and I am pleased to inform you that it is verified now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths