🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment Method Inactive !
Page options
2e750978
Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

816 REPLIES 816
4fa1f783
Community Member

I am Egyptian residing in Egypt and don't have tax identification number to complete,finish and certify the form as an individual

Hi Hala,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance in completing your Tax Information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
926a7168
Community Member

My Tax residence has changed since January 2022. Therefore, I cannot sign the Affidavit of Unchanged Status. I cannot get paid through Upwork without it. What am I supposed to do?

Hi Nadiia,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. You may read the Tax Certification, Statement of Source, and Confirmation of Unchanged Status, which includes reviewing the information you have provided, shown in the text box, and the Statement of Source Information. For the Statement of Source, you confirm that your work is outside of the U.S.

Then, you need to sign the affidavit confirming your status has not changed; with your legal name, the date will also auto-default to today’s date. You may also check this help article for more details. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
926a7168
Community Member

Thank you for your response, but this doesn't solve my problem. I know what submitting tax details on Upwork entails. My problem is that the Affidavit says that my details must not have changed from January 2022, which they have. Therefore I am not able to sign it. I would like to know what can be done about it.

Hi Nadiia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
b54e9eb9
Community Member

Hello, I too am having this issue. I added my Bank Account after joining. Even after three says it is not active. I lodged a support request eight days ago and it still says inactive.

ID and all tax information has been verified.

Can you please assist?

Hi Mohammed,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

My request is 8 days old and no one has responded on assisted me in any manner.

The ticket has had no response hence why I have written in this thread.

Mohammed, I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We've notified the team handling your case, and they've just shared an update with you via your support ticket

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2807171a
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello im facing the same problem. My paypal is inactive. What should I do?

Hello Azhil,

Your withdrawal methods are inactive because you haven't completed your Tax Information yet. More specifically, I see that you're missing your Tax Identification Number. 

This is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. Some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country's TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
31f1fe6b
Community Member

Hi!
I added my Payoneer account as my payment method a few days ago but it is still in-active.

Can anyone please help?
All my tax info is already completed.

Hi Sameer,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
31f1fe6b
Community Member

Thank you so much Luiggi! Appreciate that.
I hope the agent get in-touch soon.

e6dfa557
Community Member

Hello Upwork, I added the wiretransfer method 10 days ago and its says "Inactive" till now ! .by the way, My bank account name is the same as my name in Upwork's certificate of earning and I have completed the tax form two years ago.
Can you help me to solve this issue?

Hi Ahmed,

I'm sorry if we weren't able to get back to you sooner about your financial account concerns. I can sense the urgency of your case. However, it looks like you've been coordinating with the appropriate team about your concern and a support ticket has been set up with it. 

We suggest that you continue coordinating with the team through that ticket or your email if you have further questions or clarifications; they'll gladly assist. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
83a97c48
Community Member

Dear Concern,

I am facing problem in activating my payment method. I have completed all my bank info and even tax info. Lastly they are asking to give TIN number which I don't have. Since all of my bank info is clear, "Get Paid Now" option should have been activated by now. Please help me out beacuse of this I could not start my work yet.

Hi Rufaida,

This is happening because, as you mentioned, you haven't provided your TIN. This is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. Some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country’s TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1812b2e2
Community Member

My name in upwork is "GÖZLEMECİ" I have a surname, but I wrote GOZLEMECİ in the payment method, so my payment method may not be active, could you please review it? pls help ^^

Hi Furkan,

It appears that your withdrawal method is inactive, because you haven't completed your Tax Information yet. More specifically, you're missing your Tax Identification Number. This is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. Some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country’s TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1812b2e2
Community Member

I don't have a tax number, I will not exceed a certain income since I already use it individually. Is there still a need for a tax number?

Thanks for letting us know, Furkan, We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
13ce874e
Community Member

Hi I am a freelancer from India. I am unable to add my IFSC code (HDFC0003467). 

Please Help.

Hi Aayushi,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that you've successfully added your local bank as a payment method to your account. You can expect your new payment method to be active in three days. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
endrjud
Community Member

Does anyone know what to do? All tax information are correct and I still have this issue.

Hi Andrzej,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
42ccbfc3
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team,

I trust this message finds you well. I am writing to request your prompt assistance in approving my payment method as I am in urgent need of accessing my funds. The timely approval of my payment method is crucial for my financial requirements.

I understand the importance of the verification process and appreciate the measures in place to ensure the security of transactions. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, I find myself in a situation where I urgently need to access my funds for essential expenses.

I have provided all the necessary details for the payment method, and I am available to provide any additional information or documentation if required. Your swift attention to this matter would be highly appreciated, and I am confident that expediting this process will greatly alleviate my current financial constraints.

I understand that you receive numerous requests, and I genuinely appreciate your consideration of my situation. I am committed to complying with all necessary procedures promptly.

Thank you for your understanding and timely assistance in resolving this matter. I look forward to your positive response and the swift approval of my payment method.

Best regards,

Mohsin Malik

Hi Mohsin,

I understand you're eager to access your funds as soon as possible. Your payment method is undergoing security verification and will become active by March 10, 2024. Once the verification is complete, you can withdraw your funds. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ahmedmoahmed97
Community Member

Hello,

I hame an inactive payment method which is direct to US bank account. I have waited for more than 3 days and before that I completed all tax information and it's completed.

I had created a ticket for this problem 10 days ago and the support responded that there will be someone will contact me about this issue and literally nothing happened since then.

I wish someone contact me about this issue.

Hi Ahmed,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanna,

I need this issue to be fixed as soon as possible I have already waited enough time I think, it has been almost TWO WEEKS with no response whatsoever and your response on my issue was two days ago, so if no one answered what's the point of support? they didn't even keep up or do anything.

I wish someone contact me about this issue.

Regards,

Ahmed

Hi Ahmed,

I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I've escalated your post to the relevant team and they've just shared an update with you via your ticket

~ Luiggi
Upwork
340fc372
Community Member

Hello, a while ago I created my account in Upwork and changed the name to confirm it, but when I added PayPal to withdraw from my account, it told me that the name is different, even though it is not different, I think that the financial profile information has not been updated. It appears to me at PayPal in Upwork INACTIVE and then Two days later, this notification appears (Due to technical issues page data is not fully loaded, try again later.) I hope you help me fix this problem ASAP to withdraw my money Thank you!!!

Hi Issam,

I checked and can see that your PayPal is inactive because you haven't provided all your Tax Information yet, specifically, your Tax Identification Number. This is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. If you are a freelancer in Egypt, you can use your National ID as your TIN.

If you have additional questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8fc83e47
Community Member

Recently I added payoneer account for my upwork account, it's successfully added here, but I have not withdrawn my amount. the "get paid now" button is not clickable, please help me, now I need payment, so how to withdraw my money?

Hi Zinnah,

It appears that your payment methods are inactive because you haven't completed your Tax Information yet. More specifically, you're missing your Tax Identification Number. This is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. Some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country’s TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
97aa1748
Community Member

hello i am not a tax payeer in my country bangladesh thats why i dont have e -tin   how can i get paid 

Hi Farhan,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9a105d48
Community Member

Good day, LuiggiR. 

Hello ! It's been five days since i added a preferred payment method. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths