🐈
» Forums » Support » UNABLE TO USE MY ACCOUNT
Page options
0bb36d87
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,568 REPLIES 1,568

Hi Laura,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork
88df5106
Community Member

Hi

My accounts was suspended. They said my financial transactions has been limited. And once i add a new card or change my billing method the ban will be lifted.
I have added my new card but my ban is yet to be lifted.
What could be the problem?
i had to remove the billing method but I'm scared of adding it again to avoid them blocking my account.

Hi Nzubechukwu,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
18e88160
Community Member

Hello,

I joined Upwork and posted a job about a month ago. I started getting freelancers interested in the position, but when I tried to message a few of them to set up an interview about the job before hiring anyone, Upwork wouldn't let me message them. I then get the following message:

We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now.

and then this one

Financial transactions for Christopher Hoffman (48461524) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

Both credit cards I have attached to the account are valid and are able to be used to pay clients. I never received any correspondance from Upwork about this matter and I emailed customer service, but have received no response.

Can someone help me with this? 

Here is my job post:

https://www.upwork.com/ab/applicants/1767951002170077184/job-details

Hi Christopher,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork
1e24b85f
Community Member

Hi All, 

I have changed my payment method but still facing the  "Financial transaction limited" in my account. 

Please let me know, how to resolve it..  

Best regards,

Mihir Jha

Hi Mihir,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0b0ae1da
Community Member

Hi All. 

I am new to Upwork and have had my account frozen for coming to ten days. During the process of setting up my account, my old business card prepopulated automatically as the payment method.  I entered in the 3 digit PIN for my current card twice in error. Since then, my account has been locked. 

I have the following errors atop of screen. 

__

"We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now."
"Financial transactions for Suzie Geria (97523174) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support." 
__

I have since updated my primary billing method to no avail. I have no email correspondence from Upwork advising that my payment details have been limited and why.  I have read through previous responces to this issue and the responses have not helped me solve my matter.I have sent an email through to the **Edited for Community Guidelines** email because its the only email I can find.  

My expectations were that Upwork would have more responsive troubleshooting mechamisms and this matter would be solved after uploading new card details or at the veru least that I would have correspondence regarding the status of my account.

Posting here as a last ditch attempt,

Thanks in advance. Susan 

Hi Suzie,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and I apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced with your account being frozen. I understand how frustrating this situation must be for you. I have followed up with the relevant team and I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths