🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Submit A Proposal button not working. Wha...
Page options
suraj1102
Community Member

Submit A Proposal button not working. What's wrong?

I'm trying to submit a proposal but the button not working. Please help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

The bug that was causing "Submit Proposal" button to be unresponsive has been addressed by our engineers over the weekend. We'll be closing this thread from further replies.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

62 REPLIES 62
callmano
Community Member

Hi,

I am getting the following error while submitting the proposal:

There was an error loading this page: error [6f91560e0a2b1d89-PDX, 6f91560e0a2b1d89-PDX]. Contact Upwork Support for more information.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks

Manohar

Hi Manohar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot of the error message you receive on your end so that we can assist you accordingly? 

Additionally, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola , here is the screen shot.

callmano_0-1649501832111.png

Hi Manohar,

Thank you for following up and sharing a screenshot from your end. I will share it with our team for further review. Our team will continue to assist you directly on your ticket. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

This error came when I withdrew a proposal and reapplied with a different message.  Now, the job is gone.  So, you can leave this issue.

Regards

Manohar

yetkinnurullah
Community Member

Hi, I can't hit the submit a proposal button. when I hit it, it changes to a pale green and also the "save job button" is greyed. They are working at some works but mostly I can't press them.

Hi Nurullah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I could not replicate the issue you are experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using another browser? Please let us know if the issue persists and we will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, thanks for your interest. You can check the attached screenshots.
"Submit a proposal" button doesn't work in 1 and 2 but in 3 it works. I
tried in different browsers as well.
george_zaf
Community Member

Hi guys,

When pressing the "Submit Proposal" button on a job posting, absolutely nothing happens. No other page loads or anything, whatsoever. This is regardless of the browser I use, and regardless of the job posting (have already tried it on dozens).

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

George

Hi George,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks for your response. Just cleared all my browsing data (cache and cookies). Problem still persists unfortunately.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi George,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with this issue.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
3c5cb449
Community Member

Submit A Proposal button is not working sincce last night

on some jobs "Submit a Proposal " button does not work but works on some other job. Need support . Thanks

Hi Arif,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
3c5cb449
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your response . Tried your suggested solution but did not work. Another solution will be appreciated if any.

~Arif

Hi Arif,

Thanks for following up! Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi Suraj,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
annadyshlyuk
Community Member

Andrea, I have the same problem today as the one that Suraj described. But it's with selected jobs - in some jobs I click on "Submit proposal" button and the relevant window opens, but in some other jobs I click on the Submit button which looks green and active, and nothing happens. The other weird thing I've noitced is that for such jobs "Save job" button is gray. The issue persisted in different browser. Any ideas what could it be? Thank you in advance for any news.  

Hi Anna,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the link to one of the job posts you're unable to apply to so I could check?

~Andrea
Upwork

I am aware that Upwork has some performance degradation issues at the moment.

However, does that include being unable to click on "submit a proposal" and "Save Job"?

Hi Darren,

~Andrea
Upwork

Sent it, Andrea, thanks for your help!

I'm just unable to send a proposal to project. The button is green, but it just doesn't do anything. No notifications. Is it me, or is it any technical issue?

Amounts of scam and spam on job boards are enormous too, by the way, but it's another story.

Same issue for me on both Chrome and Safari.  Button is there but clicking it does nothing along with any other button on the page. 

dsxxx
Community Member

I've also noticed that "Save Job" button is inactive and there is vue.js error in the browser's console.

I have the same issue. I dumped everything and rebooted. Tried 3 browsers. Still the same. When I reported it to Upwork, they sent me a helpful response telling me to do exactly what I had already done. They also included a link to clear the page. It did not work. I am still unable to submit an application. It is on Upwork's end.

Hey again, that did work a month ago. I'm having the same problem again and I have cleared everything. Are there any other solutions or known causes of this issue?

Thanks

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

We checked with our engineers and confirmed that there was an issue earlier that was causing issues with submitting proposals. However, the team has released a fix for that issue since then. I've also checked a few cases and see that in many of them clearing cache and cookies made sure the issue didn't happen again post-fix. However, if you continue experiencing same issue, we'll need more details about the error you're getting so we'll have team members reach out to you. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Still not working though

d496bc93
Community Member

Good day, I can't submit a proposal to https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~0176ea6a7eed5835fb.

When I click on submit proposal nothing happens and it doesn't load or take me to the next step it just stays on the same page.  I already did https://www.upwork.com/ab/account-security/clear-cookies.

I would love some assistance on this. Thank you!

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your message. I am unable to replicate any issues with submitting proposals. Could you please try using a different browser? Feel free to message us if problems persist. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,

I can't submit proposals either, the button is green but it doen't do anything when I click it. I tried with 2 different browsers so it's not that.

Thanks

umend
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

I have the same issue, but with different browsers and emptying cache & cookies, it still doesn't work. The button isn't working.

I would love to get some help with fixing it.
Thanks.

umend
Community Member

Hello everyone,
I have the same issue. I'm clicking Submit a Proposal button, but nothing happens. I'm using the Chrome browser.

I've emptied cache & cookies, tried different browsers, and used the incognito window in Chrome (the last option worked for like 5 min and then stopped).

I'm still not able to submit proposals. 
Could you please help me?

4c4ccd88
Community Member

I can't save a job, when I open a job in seperate tab:
- instead of green icon, the whole box is like gray,  (page loads successfully)
- I can save a job, when a list of jobs are show, i.e in search results... I can use the thumb icons, and save icon too. 

Also, I can't submit proposals. Although, the submit a proposal button is green. 
Neither does the hover works the menu items. If I hover on on any of the Menus, nothing drops down. 

What is the issue?

Hi Amandeep,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket in order to help identify this issue.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am able to submit proposals on the app but not on any browser. I cleared my cache and tried multiple browsers. Page doesn't seem to reload as others are saying but it just does nothing. All ad-blockers have been turned off as well.

archfreelancing
Community Member

Hi there,
Hope you are doing well. I have a similar problem. I can't submit a proposal for some jobs, while it's ok to submit for the others. I checked them and these jobs were not closed, they are active. Please help me to correct the problem.
Thank you in advance

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths