cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Response to a client feedback

Moulisree B Member Since: Sep 20, 2016
11 of 17

Hi Preston,

You are right! I guess I am not yet used to being my own boss and my own subordinate at the same time and sometimes my experience from my previous job shelters my view partially. While writing those lines, I was probably thinking along the line of going over to teh HR Bay and clarify the issue in person.. My bad. Smiley Embarassed

However, if I do write a response to this client's feedback, I will always stick to professional courtesy. Otherwise, I will only prove that I belong to the same league as his. And that, is never going to happen.

~ Moulisree.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
12 of 17

Moulisree,

If you think there is a serious ethical breach  regarding the client's requirements, then you should report  your worries with  as much back-up as you have in your message rooms to CS. You may well get a generic answer, but they will (hopefully) check the client out.

Highlighted
13 of 17

Thank you, Virginia. I have been sitting on this feedback for over one week already, because I don't want to make it messier. I received my first JSS only after this client submitted his feedback. So, I can well understand why it is below 90%. But, I'll listen to your advice and my good sense over my emotions for now and will try to get more positive feedbacks from new clients to balance it out.

If and when I feel ready to respond impartially to those words, and if I can manage it within the timeline to respond, I will proceed to write the response. Meanwhile I need to learn to grow that thick skin quickly.

Thanks again.

Moulisree.

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
14 of 17

@Moulisree B wrote:

Thank you, Virginia. I have been sitting on this feedback for over one week already, because I don't want to make it messier. I received my first JSS only after this client submitted his feedback. So, I can well understand why it is below 90%. But, I'll listen to your advice and my good sense over my emotions for now and will try to get more positive feedbacks from new clients to balance it out.

If and when I feel ready to respond impartially to those words, and if I can manage it within the timeline to respond, I will proceed to write the response. Meanwhile I need to learn to grow that thick skin quickly.

Thanks again.

Moulisree.

If you decide to respond, only state the facts much like you would do in a professional business report (e.g. We started here, then this happened, next this happened, etc.). 

There are times when a client will attempt to change the scope or depth of a contract (it happens) -- even if they were clearly stating one thing at the start of the contract. 

The purpose is more in line with, "here is what happened" rather than "this client is a jerk" or "I'm disappointed and/or angry."

15 of 17

Hello Kat,

Thanks for your guidance. I shall definitely keep them in mind if I write back the response.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
16 of 17

There may be a time limit on when you can respond. I would state that the contract was ended at my request and before any work was submitted due to misrepresentations regarding the assignment and its content. The something like, it is regrettable that the client responded so unfavorably to my prompt and reasonable request. 

I didn't realize that you had completed some work. That complicates matters as it does appear you understood the content. I would refund the money. The client's private feedback will still affect your JSS, but the public feedback and dispute will go away. IMO it could cost you far more than what you earned in potential hires if the feedback remains. 

Also, you do not have to wait for a client to end a contract. If you have been hired to do X hours of work and realize that the job is not as represented. Just close the contract and inform the client that you will not be continuing. (Of course, the client may not be happy and they may be feedback consequences.) If you did leave the contract open without producing work on time, then that is an error on your part. Make these decisions about how you will handle matters going forward so you can act decisively next time. 

Md Ariful I Member Since: Dec 18, 2017
17 of 17

Hello Sir,

Doesn't it matter for a new freelancer?

I am upset, my client gives me 4.45. But why? She didn't tell me anything to change it, approve my milestone. But did not give me feedback/review.

When I ask her, no response. Another freelancer gives me the advice to write later in this way, Then I write, In response, she closes the job and gives me feedback, when I show it, I can not be happy to see it.